Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it possible to exit a game back to the Loadiine main menu? To save having to launch the exploit again.

Also, probably not allowed but I need to ask anyway - can I possibly ask if anybody has any of these files for WindWaker that I could possibly grab:

content/Common/Object/Vfan.szs
content/Common/Stage/GanonJ_Room10.szs
content/Common/Stage/Msmoke_Stage.szs

I think my downloads were corrupted - when I try to extract the above files, it says something like 'data error: wrong password?' even though I already entered the password in earlier. I don't really want to try downloading them again since it took literally a week to download these ones. And I can't find these files independently available to download.

If not allowed, let me know, I'll edit it out of my reply; or a mod can just delete it.

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it is possible to exit a game to menu and enter right again miimaker and here it will start loadiine again but i dont know if its wanted to enter again -> sometimes it crashes here

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just found these issues, when I load rpx, it add a symbol "_" before the title and got stuck like this:
(snip)
when i use loadiine to load file it show this:
(snip)

From the FAQ the first post:
My games are displayed but not working
If you are using a Mac, you need to delete the hidden data (the file or folder starting with "._" prefix. example)
You can delete them manually or use a program like "hidden cleaner".

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to exit a game back to the Loadiine main menu? To save having to launch the exploit again.

Also, probably not allowed but I need to ask anyway - can I possibly ask if anybody has any of these files for WindWaker that I could possibly grab:

content/Common/Object/Vfan.szs
content/Common/Stage/GanonJ_Room10.szs
content/Common/Stage/Msmoke_Stage.szs

I think my downloads were corrupted - when I try to extract the above files, it says something like 'data error: wrong password?' even though I already entered the password in earlier. I don't really want to try downloading them again since it took literally a week to download these ones. And I can't find these files independently available to download.

If not allowed, let me know, I'll edit it out of my reply; or a mod can just delete it.

Just load up MiiMaker again, it will relaunch Loadiine.

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, I just found these issues, when I load rpx, it add a symbol "_" before the title and got stuck like this:
View attachment 40411
when i use loadiine to load file it show this:
View attachment 40412

don't use mac os to copy these files,because mac os generate the hidden files.
loadiine dont correctly load these file.

you only delete these hidden files.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just want to confirm if Loadiine GX 2 v.01 (or any version in general), detects game updates installed by WUP Installer?

For the life of me, I can't make Hyrule Warriors (USA) v112 working for me. With my save game (using Unique mode), game loads, it detects the update, but black screens or doesn't load the main screen. Even when trying a completely new save. This is game update extracted to the main game directory overwriting old files.

Game works fine with no updates. Or is there anything I'm doing wrong?

I'm about to try WUP Installer once my download finishes, I just want to get an answer in advance.

Currently downloading v128. For WiiU details, please check my sig.

No Loadiine GX v.02 worked for me from the thread.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll call out @Cyan or @dimok. :)

Last edited by Skanob,

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WUP Installer is for disc/ eshop games

you have to decrypt the updates (using CDecrypt) and copy directly to the loadiine folder and overwrite all older files

you can also use NewNUSGrabber i think it can directly both steps in one program (downloading updates and decrypting)

Last edited by FunThomas,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Loadiine doesn't load updates located on the console.
The console thinks it's currently running Smash Bros (or miimaker), and is looking for installed Smashbros updates (or miimaker, or karaoke, or whatever the title you use to launch game).

It will require IOSU to set the correct update folder from the console.
Until then, if you want to update the game you need to merge the update within your game's folder on the SD card.
There's also a version from Maschell (work in progress) where you can put updates in the /updates/ folder and tell loadiine which update folder to use instead of merging them with the game folder.

I will add update info to the first post.

Reactions: memomo

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WUP Installer is for disc/ eshop games

you have to decrypt the updates (using CDecrypt) and copy directly to the loadiine folder and overwrite all older files

you can also use NewNUSGrabber i think it can directly both steps in one program (downloading updates and decrypting)

I'm using UWizard. Based on research, they pretty much are the same...?

Loadiine doesn't load updates located on the console.
The console thinks it's currently running Smash Bros (or miimaker), and is looking for installed Smashbros updates (or miimaker, or karaoke, or whatever the title you use to launch game).

It will require IOSU to set the correct update folder from the console.
Until then, if you want to update the game you need to merge the update within your game's folder on the SD card.
There's also a version from Maschell (work in progress) where you can put updates in the /updates/ folder and tell loadiine which update folder to use instead of merging them with the game folder.

I will add update info to the first post.

I assumed so. I just need confirmation.

Now I just don't know why it's not working for me.

Good job on making it read separate updates on separate folder @Maschell! I read before on the thread that it was @dimok who posted a screenie of it? (too lazy to go back) :)

It's a stretch, but, is that update on the commits already?

Thanks for the update @Cyan.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Also, same as before, you can shout out to me if you want me to beta test. (I need to learn to compile from github)

Grale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I could really do with some help / advise.

I am running 5.3.2E

I initially got the exploit working on 2 separate occasions. But when GX2 was released I reset my browser data and started afresh.
Since then I have been unable to get the exploit to work.

I have tried multiple web hosting sites
I have tried Android self hosting
I have tried Ezshare card hosting (latest) using the files downloaded from this thread.

I have tried the old loadiine versions, not GX2. All fail, I have been trying on and off for weeks. I have also cleared all data many, many times.

This is what I am getting on all methods:

Load up browser, open 1 tab... black screen with dots
Load up browser, open more than 1 tab.. freeze with no errors (browser bar and wii just freeze)

Every time this happens I power down and try again.

Is it a case of just keep trying? I'm losing faith it's ever going to work!

Any help or advise is very much welcome.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I updated the first post to add the game update instruction (in the "folder structure" section).
I explained both methods, even if not released yet, so people can prepare their SD card too.

I also updated the changelog with useful changes (not simple code fixes, but actual user's interesting features)

@Skanob:
if you want game updates, I recommend JNUSTool (java, multiplateform)
it will download and decrypt and place files in the correct folder automatically.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Guys, I could really do with some help / advise.

I am running 5.3.2E

I initially got the exploit working on 2 separate occasions. But when GX2 was released I reset my browser data and started afresh.
Since then I have been unable to get the exploit to work.

I have tried multiple web hosting sites
I have tried Android self hosting
I have tried Ezshare card hosting (latest) using the files downloaded from this thread.

I have tried the old loadiine versions, not GX2. All fail, I have been trying on and off for weeks. I have also cleared all data many, many times.

This is what I am getting on all methods:

Load up browser, open 1 tab... black screen with dots
Load up browser, open more than 1 tab.. freeze with no errors (browser bar and wii just freeze)

Every time this happens I power down and try again.

Is it a case of just keep trying? I'm losing faith it's ever going to work!

Any help or advise is very much welcome.

I was getting the black screen with dots as well, but now it works a bit under half the time. I'll tell you exactly what I do in case it helps at all. I am using the SD loader and launching from the web (not self-hosting, couldn't make Mongoose work). Open the Wii U bookmarks bookmark (the page has a black background with Wii U at the top, and three large buttons, one is Club Nintendo, don't remember the other two) then maybe exit the browser and turn the console off and on again. The net effect is that it should load this page automatically when you open the browser (from now on start from here). So open the browser, let it load the page halfway or so, then go to exploits.wiiubrew.net I think it is. Click the one on the right column in the middle row (Loadiine SD). This seems to work most of the time (75%) then the remainder of the time it has either race attack failed or it is stuck on the white screen with the Wii U logo. If it is going to work it'll work in 10 seconds or less. Then if it works go to exploit.wiiubrew.net again and pick the one in the middle row in the middle column, the second one. I don't know what the difference is but the first 50 times I tried it I was only using the SD one and it never worked, first time I tried that one, it worked. Then, it'll freeze on the browser with it having loaded up part-way and the little Mii in the corner is frozen. You have to wait around ten to twenty minutes for the Loadiine menu to come up. For me, it only ever seems to come up when I have gotten tired waiting and have gone and done some chores or something and come back. If I am watching it I usually get impatient and restart the box.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
look in the first post to get information on both.
if not clear enough, let me know so I'll rewrite it.

UDP = displays loadiine information used to launch the game, while inside loadiine. use it to see if loadiine correctly set the proper settings for the game (gameID, paths, xml values, etc.)
TCP = displays game files access and redirection, while inside the game. use it to see what the game requests and access (game file, or savegame, etc.)

Reactions: Toscanelli

Toscanelli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
who told you getting IOSU to work is easier on older firmwares ?
Just found it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-622#post-5740633

there's no exploit included in this package
Are you sure? There should be a folder named 'www' containing the exploit (5 files in summit).

Just like me but be patient the dev will fix this soon.
If you mean me by that I can assure I'm not a dev.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
look in the first post to get information on both.
if not clear enough, let me know so I'll rewrite it.

UDP = displays loadiine information used to launch the game, while inside loadiine. use it to see if loadiine correctly set the proper settings for the game (gameID, paths, xml values, etc.)
TCP = displays game files access and redirection, while inside the game. use it to see what the game requests and access (game file, or savegame, etc.)
Thank you, but I think I already diagnosed the problem. Well, or came closer to the solution.
I reformatted my sd card to 32kb cluster AND deleted all save games. I tried to boot a game ( nes remix) and viola it worked. Now it could be 2 things, cluster size making loadiine freeze or savegames from the old loadiine versions :S

Sd card is a legit 128gb kingston

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
64k cluster size was reported to be an issue with some games. I think it affects mario kart 8 too, but I'm not sure.

Also, some games don't work anymore with latest build (since the SSB fix release, Assassin creed 3 doesn't read any file at all).
If you find a game not working, try v0.1 to see if it's an introduced bug or was already not working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1