Games that work on my PAL System:
- Super Mario 3D World PAL
- Wind Waker HD NTSC
- Game and Wario NTSC
- Pikmin 3 PAL
- New Super Mario Bros U NTSC
- Nintendo Land PAL

Games that don't work:
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Mario Maker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Yoshis Wooly World PAL (Message: An Error has occured)
- Twilight Princess HD PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Mario Kart 8 NTSC (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- The Wonderful 101 NTSC (boots to black screen)
Your games that don't work list all work on 5.3.2 : /

Last edited by awalsh053,
Reactions: KiiWii

Imparasite

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
anyone need some help about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse US version i didnt work on my EU console i tried on MII and Smash disk still black screen i didnt find any help on compatibility thread about the game.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone need some help about Kirby and the Rainbow Curse US version i didnt work on my EU console i tried on MII and Smash disk still black screen i didnt find any help on compatibility thread about the game.
Well, first I'd go get the latest nightly, update your ELF, and then see if that fixes it
http://calvinbui.github.io/

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see from the nightly builds language translations are added now too.
I made a dutch one, where can i drop it so it can be added to github?
I do not want to create a fork and do a pull request..so any suggestions?

CableLeecher

640K ought to be enough for anyone
Trophies
EARTH | SOL-SYSTEM | SECTOR 001 | ALPHA QUADRANT
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Because my disc with an update arrives on wednesday and my Wii U is already here.

I don't get the point... You live in germany, so why don't you go to VidiRent get a 5.3.2 game for 1,50€ and bring it back the next day... Why all the hassle to test games that are known to work only on higher firmwares?!?

Mario Kart 8 and all the other Amiibo-enabled games require the amiibo-lib in the updated versions which simply is missing in fw 4.00 etc... Thats the reason why they crash with a memory error etc.

If you downloaded your "backups" why didn't you simply get the PAL Version for example New Super Mario Bros U in the first place? Why all the hassle with renaming/modifying XML-Files and stuff?

Last edited by CableLeecher,

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question: can HBL have a CFG file for BgMusicPath=SD:/sounds/my_own_bg_sound.mp3 same as loadiine?

EDIT while I'm asking, is there a link to latest commit? or an auto builder like Loadiine GX2 Nightlies

EDIT 2: I guess there is a size limit to loadiines sound.mp3? 10mb doesn't work at all however 41mb MP3 works... I think it's version bug....

Last edited by KiiWii,

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
my wiiu is 5.4.0 spoof to 5.5.1 & when i lunch wiiubru.com it blok every time
do you have any solution ?

wiiubru.com really is designed to support 5.5.x homebrew , it does however carry the facility to run HBL for lower f/w users... that being said you will have better success with self hosting , it seems 5.4.0 users especially struggle with my site... it currently runs v0.1 of HBL as 5.4.0 users suggested it worked better than the revised kernel exploit by Dimok. there are several methods web users can use to get better success , i would look around to find the solutions , personally as i cannot test anything other than 5.5.x files that i cannot directly support/assist with lower f/ws with any real knowledge of their idiosyncrasies.

pinkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
wiiubru.com really is designed to support 5.5.x homebrew , it does however carry the facility to run HBL for lower f/w users... that being said you will have better success with self hosting , it seems 5.4.0 users especially struggle with my site... it currently runs v0.1 of HBL as 5.4.0 users suggested it worked better than the revised kernel exploit by Dimok. there are several methods web users can use to get better success , i would look around to find the solutions , personally as i cannot test anything other than 5.5.x files that i cannot directly support/assist with lower f/ws with any real knowledge of their idiosyncrasies.

i tried with phone & mongoose but wiiu can't connect to local host

K

KingpinSlim

I don't get the point... You live in germany, so why don't you go to VidiRent get a 5.3.2 game for 1,50€ and bring it back the next day... Why all the hassle to test games that are known to work only on higher firmwares?!?

Mario Kart 8 and all the other Amiibo-enabled games require the amiibo-lib in the updated versions which simply is missing in fw 4.00 etc... Thats the reason why they crash with a memory error etc.

If you downloaded your "backups" why didn't you simply get the PAL Version for example New Super Mario Bros U in the first place? Why all the hassle with renaming/modifying XML-Files and stuff?

I received my game with 5.3.2 today and i am going to update now.
I purchased the game at the same time as the console.
The console arrived first and i wanted to play some games already.
I was grateful that there was a 4.0.X Port and the creator asked for feedback, so i gave it.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Whipped up a quick PAL exclusive icon set for N64.

Only chose the games I would play (for now: I have over 51 injects) but its simple enough to make basic carousel icons.

Preview:
bAUqeNA.jpg

9LTLdSQ.jpg

5F890Oe.jpg

Images from http://www.thecoverproject.net/view.php?cat_id=4
Converted online to TGA: http://image.online-convert.com/convert-to-tga

(iconTex.tga sized 140x140: bit squished but looks great / bootTvTex.tga sized 1280x720: same for each title for uniformity / Naming convertion: N64 <GAME_NAME> [XXXXXX] to keep all N64 together when I add other systems)

Going to do some snes/nes ones too at some point.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: WiiuGold and 4gionz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol