• Views 2,480,105
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB is not going to happen without a full IOSU kernel exploit, simply because IOS-MCP locks down all storage so only it can read it, so you somehow need to steal access
Undestood, thanks for the answer, and thanks for all of the job that you have been doing since long time ago including 5.5.1, thank you very much...!!!!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tcpgecko problem solved: I needed to set the tcpgecko value to ON inside the "Game" options; unfortunately setting it to 1 in the config file does not work and so it is for PadCon and language options... is it a bug ? I tested with precompiled versions available here: http://calvinbui.github.io/

Also, setting PadCon to "ON", seems not to turn the gamepad screen off when I press the left stick... another bug ?

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tcpgecko problem solved: I needed to set the tcpgecko value to ON inside the "Game" options; unfortunately setting it to 1 in the config file does not work and so it is for PadCon and language options... is it a bug ? I tested with precompiled versions available here: http://calvinbui.github.io/

Also, setting PadCon to "ON", seems not to turn the gamepad screen off when I press the left stick... another bug ?
Just exit loadiine and then run it again, then padcon works

K

KingpinSlim

Ok, guys, I'm a complete moron/retard.

I managed to successfully port HBL to 4.0.x. It worked OK. But Loadiine blackscreened on opening game.
It turned out that Loadiine is also dependent on physical memory layout so it has problems on 4.0.x. I changed all those addresses. And I still couldn't start a game (I tried Wind Waker HD). After some trials and errors I got nothing. After that I reread the first post of the thread (I wanted to try additional games, so I needed game covers) and it turned out that windwaker does not work with log server turned on. After disabling that WInd Waker started like a charm. Yes, I should read more before starting doing something :D

So, as a result, games tested so far:
1. Wind Waker HD - works
2. Darksiders II - does not work (break after third of rpx loaded, don't know what's the issue is and if this works on 4.1)

So, 4.0.x owners give this a try, I'm waiting for your feedback.

BTW, both hbl and loadiine are built from latest sources to date, so they should include improved kexploit/padcon/whatevertherewas.

Oh, and one more thing: don't even think about trying this on any other firmwares. None of 4.1-5.4 would work with this.

https://mega.nz/#!3lUnEIwQ!qDiZtq6g4l2YnrW0z77diHEujb9FRg-Q0W9J_giCugI

Oh, and ofc big thanks to @dimok, @Toscanelli and @ptitleray

THIS worked for me on 4.0.0!

Nothing else would let me actually start Loadiine.

Reactions: reprep

lex luthor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Nes Remix Pack working with the latest revisions because the game loads fine until the title screen. Once I choose either Nes Remix 1 or 2 the screen turns white and nothing happens after that.

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I have question since I am on 3.1.0E - is it possible to boot loadiine GX2 over my fw version? I wanna keep 3.1.0 just because if iosu release.
Thanks

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have question since I am on 3.1.0E - is it possible to boot loadiine GX2 over my fw version? I wanna keep 3.1.0 just because if iosu release.
Thanks
Hykem and others have IOSU kernel access on the latest firmware, there's no reason you should be on that low of a firmware just because of that, and also quote @WulfyStylez "the latest version of IOSU still has more than enough bugs to exploit"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-940#post-6261564

Reactions: wiewiec

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hykem and others have IOSU kernel access on the latest firmware, there's no reason you should be on that low of a firmware just because of that, and also quote @WulfyStylez "the latest version of IOSU still has more than enough bugs to exploit"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-940#post-6261564
I know this isn't the right thread (so please forgive me), but I just got my Wii U yesterday (which came with 5.5.0) so I must ask.

Any word on a kernel exploit for 5.5.1? From what I've read, it's already a thing, but it's just private? Any detail on when this might be released? Since I've seen different reports on the matter. Thanks!

Reactions: MattKimura

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't the right thread (so please forgive me), but I just got my Wii U yesterday (which came with 5.5.0) so I must ask.

Any word on a kernel exploit for 5.5.1? From what I've read, it's already a thing, but it's just private? Any detail on when this might be released? Since I've seen different reports on the matter. Thanks!
Well, as for the one Marionumber1 has made, yes it is private, it is entirely up to him whether it is released but I doubt it will be any time soon, in the meantime I've been putting up lots and lots of information on the kernel so others can look for other potential bugs, and hopefully not one that exploits another race attack because eugh, all we really need to do is make a function in the kernel write inside itself to install a new syscall for us to use and then we have free reign, it's just being able to modify whatever structure with only userspace permissions
If/when I find a bug and make an exploit, I can feel free to release it knowing we still have the first one as a backup

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, as for the one Marionumber1 has made, yes it is private, it is entirely up to him whether it is released but I doubt it will be any time soon, in the meantime I've been putting up lots and lots of information on the kernel so others can look for other potential bugs, and hopefully not one that exploits another race attack because eugh, all we really need to do is make a function in the kernel write inside itself to install a new syscall for us to use and then we have free reign, it's just being able to modify whatever structure with only userspace permissions
If/when I find a bug and make an exploit, I can feel free to release it knowing we still have the first one as a backup
Well, good luck! :)

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guys... I've updated to 5.3.2, formated 64 gb sandisk card to FAT32 32kb cluster and loadiinegx returns sd mount failed
Fixed - Sd was as logical

Last edited by wiewiec,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If Nintendo releases an update, and they end up patching the private exploit, THAT'S when MarioNumber1 will release the exploit supposedly. But he isn't worrying about end user's needs, just the Wii U hacking scene itself. He doesn't want to release an exploit too early if it can be private for a couple more firmware updates.

Welcome to the Wii U hacking scene though! You'll have to be EXTREMELY patient and use Tubehax DNS to stay safe from auto updates. You'll definitely want to stay on this firmware, anything higher and it'll be all over if the new update ends up patching things. And ironically that's when MN1 would release his private exploit xD You wouldn't even be able to use it if you updated.

Reactions: Supster131

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Bit of help? I read through the previous couple of pages of replies but didn't find anything useful.

I was using Loadiine reasonably well about a month ago - I would launch the first exploit that would say race attack succeeded/failed, then the second one that launched Loadiine. The first would work about 2/3 of the time, and the Loadiine one would work about 1/2 the time. The Loadiine one would also take 10-30 minutes to work - being frozen on the blue loading bar in the browser. The 1/2 of the time it didn't work I might just have been impatient and it would have worked had I given it more time. I was using wiiubrew.net/exploit from memory.

Well, I accidentally gave the console an internet source without applying TubeHax DNS to it (both home sources were down so I used a wifi dongle, didn't set TubeHax and then forgot to turn the dongle off). So anyway, I recently bought a new console on 5.3.2. Also between then and now I bought a wifi SD card reader which is really handy, as I can FTP to SD cards without using the precious single USB port on my computer. I never got Mongoose to work before, and I don't know anything about networking, but I figured I could use this reader as a no-internet way of launching Loadiine (I would like to never connect this console to the internet if I can avoid it). I ftp on my computer to ftp://go.microsoft.com/sda1/ and that shows the root of the card. To launch the exploit, I put the www folder of the homebrew stuff in the root, and go to go.microsoft.com/sda1/www/index.html in the Wii U browser. And also, Loadiine seems to be updated so you only have to launch ONE thing to get to Loadiine (rather than the two things before). I extracted all the new files and let them copy over the old ones.

I can no longer get Loadiine working at all, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me which of the changes was causing it so I can fix it. If it is the updated version of Loadiine, can someone please provide the older files so I can put them back (since I stupidly let the new files copy over the top of the old ones)? If it's using the wireless reader, am I doing it wrong, or will it just not work like I was hoping and I'll have to go back to using the internet? Also, what is the expected behaviour? It goes from index.html to payload532.html, and then freezes with the blue loading bar. It stays this way for hours (I did leave it while going to work, and it was still stuck on coming home). Should I wait longer? Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ok, guys, I'm a complete moron/retard.

I managed to successfully port HBL to 4.0.x. It worked OK. But Loadiine blackscreened on opening game.
It turned out that Loadiine is also dependent on physical memory layout so it has problems on 4.0.x. I changed all those addresses. And I still couldn't start a game (I tried Wind Waker HD). After some trials and errors I got nothing. After that I reread the first post of the thread (I wanted to try additional games, so I needed game covers) and it turned out that windwaker does not work with log server turned on. After disabling that WInd Waker started like a charm. Yes, I should read more before starting doing something :D

So, as a result, games tested so far:
1. Wind Waker HD - works
2. Darksiders II - does not work (break after third of rpx loaded, don't know what's the issue is and if this works on 4.1)

So, 4.0.x owners give this a try, I'm waiting for your feedback.

BTW, both hbl and loadiine are built from latest sources to date, so they should include improved kexploit/padcon/whatevertherewas.

Oh, and one more thing: don't even think about trying this on any other firmwares. None of 4.1-5.4 would work with this.

https://mega.nz/#!3lUnEIwQ!qDiZtq6g4l2YnrW0z77diHEujb9FRg-Q0W9J_giCugI

Oh, and ofc big thanks to @dimok, @Toscanelli and @ptitleray

Works on my 4.0.2E Wii-U. Thanks a lot. I tried Wii sports club, it booted but couldn't play the game as it needs activation i guess. Not related to your work ofc, just saying.

Also is there a compatibility list? 4.1 list should be comparable i guess.

Last edited by reprep,
Reactions: KingpinSlim
K

KingpinSlim

Works on my 4.0.2E Wii-U. Thanks a lot. I tried Wii sports club, it booted but couldn't play the game as it needs activation i guess. Not related to your work ofc, just saying.

Also is there a compatibility list? 4.1 list should be comparable i guess.
I do not know if there is an official Compatability List, but we can still share our results as a kind of work in progress. I am always using updated versions of the game. (Latest version) and i dont have Smash Bros to test other methods with.

Games that work on my PAL System:
- Super Mario 3D World PAL
- Wind Waker HD NTSC
- Game and Wario NTSC

Games that don't work:
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory")

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I do not know if there is an official Compatability List, but we can still share our results as a kind of work in progress. I am always using updated versions of the game. (Latest version) and i dont have Smash Bros to test other methods with.

- Wind Waker HD NTSC
- Game and Wario NTSC

Games that don't work:
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory")
Thanks, i also tried NES REMIX (NTSC version, changed the folder names to fit my PAL Wii U), it works.

K

KingpinSlim

Thanks, i also tried NES REMIX (NTSC version, changed the folder names to fit my PAL Wii U), it works.

Update:

- Wind Waker HD NTSC
- Game and Wario NTSC
- Pikmin 3 PAL
- New Super Mario Bros U NTSC
- Nintendo Land PAL

Games that don't work:
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Mario Maker PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Yoshis Wooly World PAL (Message: An Error has occured)
- Twilight Princess HD PAL (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- Mario Kart 8 NTSC (Message: There is a problem with the system memory)
- The Wonderful 101 NTSC (boots to black screen)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: reprep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, prove it
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, prove it