Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by KiiWii,

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone . I have a question. I have a wii u at 5.4. Mario party 10 and yarn yoshi have slow loading times. my sd card is class 10 sandisk ultra. Is this normal or can i fix it somehow?

Moritz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any compatibility difference between 5.3.2 and 5.4.0?
I was seaching a 5.3.2 Wii U but found a 5.4.0 Wii U, should I buy or keep finding for a 5.3.2 Wii U?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think 5.4.0 has a little less free memory, so some games "could" end not working if they have big RPX or RPL file.
But I don't think any game had issues so far. At least, the compatibility list doesn't mention any 5.4.0 problem.

Only 4.x are known to have compatibility issues due to missing libraries/functions used by some games. (Captain Toad, Just Dance)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if (for science) its possible to install parts of the 5.X fw into 4.x fw to make it compatible with those games. WUP installer installs a signed nintendo file, perhaps it could install libraries the same way?.... wup installer technically frankensteins the 5.5.1 version string into 5.3.2 as it is and you can only install the same or higher as per the FAQ http://www.wupinstaller.com/

..meh... I have no idea if its even remotely plausible. (EDIT just realised WUP installer isnt for 4.x fw use anyway......)

...either way it's probably better just to update to 5.3.2 to 5.4 via disc, unless you're holding onto 4.x fw wii u for some unknown reason...

Last edited by KiiWii,

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
Im still having problem with Xampp, when i go to my hosted site, nothing happens, it was working before?????

Xampp/htdocs/www/(here is the files
url]
) and on the wiiu i navigate to that 192.168.x.xx/www

Anyone?

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to get MK8 to load with Loadiine. Whenever I try to load it or anything else in smash mode, I always get booted into mii maker. I just updated my loadine to newest nightly of 0.3 since I was using an early build of 0.2, and no difference. All my other games work fine in mii maker mode, but smash bros mode, it launches mii maker. I've dumped my mk8 disc using ddd and merged the v64 update. Smash bros disc is inserted in console. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Apologies if this has been addressed before...

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Made a discovery today!... I've been struggling to get my 128GB card working where my previous 64GB worked great.

No matter what parameters I sent to either SDFORMATv4 or fat32format nothing worked, sector size from 1 to 64 didnt help. I suspected the microsd was faulty, but i used xxcopy with verify and the files always copied. I then tried hw2test which took ages (as expected) and the card past. Finally in desperation I tried the HP format tool (http://filehippo.com/download_hp_usb_disk_storage_format_tool/) and would you believe it, its working fine.

I'm not the author of that HP tool (obviously) but I just wanted to share this info as its been a show stopper getting 128GB card working before i found this solution.

HTH

edit:

Also tried this which failed after ages (LOL!)

format /fs:fat32 d:

Last edited by charlieb,
Reactions: KiiWii

looseless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to get MK8 to load with Loadiine. Whenever I try to load it or anything else in smash mode, I always get booted into mii maker. I just updated my loadine to newest nightly of 0.3 since I was using an early build of 0.2, and no difference. All my other games work fine in mii maker mode, but smash bros mode, it launches mii maker. I've dumped my mk8 disc using ddd and merged the v64 update. Smash bros disc is inserted in console. Anyone know what i'm doing wrong? Apologies if this has been addressed before...
Exit Miimaker, then launch smash bros.

Reactions: Lush

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
I think 5.4.0 has a little less free memory, so some games "could" end not working if they have big RPX or RPL file.
But I don't think any game had issues so far. At least, the compatibility list doesn't mention any 5.4.0 problem.

Only 4.x are known to have compatibility issues due to missing libraries/functions used by some games. (Captain Toad, Just Dance)
It's not only about missing libraries. Non of the 4.0.x - 5.0.x have implemented support for big rpx. So games with rpx > ~22MB would not work. Though, that can be easily fixed.

Reactions: Toscanelli

uribemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok do you recommend me to get a 5.3.2 wii u or stay on 5.4? I don't know too much about the differences in loadiine of those 2 firmwares

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok do you recommend me to get a 5.3.2 wii u or stay on 5.4? I don't know too much about the differences in loadiine of those 2 firmwares
If you already have a Wii U on 5.4.0, you're good. No real reason to need 5.3.2, afaik.
Since they both do the same thing essentially.

Reactions: uribemaster

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps