one more to come
tongue.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
yep it's definitely called the Jack Knife.

and i think its a good call to leave the english in that scenario, if it was originally that way, even though mada mada dane sounds so cool
tongue.gif

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
if someone wants to help :

He can check gamefaqs file (first page of the thread) and then report text already translated for what koma

like this :

es_05_3ul.png

es_05_3ul.png -> Devil Laser Bullet

yh_18_3dl.png

yh_18_3dl.png -> Dimension Sword

with this we can see what need a proper translation or the real manga
and it will help koma editors

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
as a TO fan too i know that ryoma speak english and use tgis sentences against USA team !

if you check original komas he already speak in english
If you want to talk about komas pleaz use the good thread
yeah but the matches against the USA team isn't part of the original manga, so made up by the studio. Call me a nitpicker but I feel references to the manga must be made instead of the anime.

I know mada mada dane is the copyright keyphrase of ryoma but :
original koma from the game :
to_02_3dr.png

I m sure he talk in english in the manga, i ve read it in a scanlation with a note that said he speak in english this time
it s a difficult choice between original koma and adpated on to fit the original manga but as you can see
edited koma used a italish typo that does n t used in all others komas
to_02_3dr.png

so i ll keep the edited one
we re not gonna put a translated to japanese komas, because the original one was already in english !
tongue.gif
Sounds fair but then I have one comment on this which will sound either really stupid or to the point, because I'm not that good in Japanese grammar. But if Ryoma was to speak in English here, don't you think they'd Hiragana/Katakana'd this so the character would say this in (Japanese)English?

to_14_3dl.png

to_14_3dl.png is Jack Knife (i think maybe an other PoT fan can confirm)
it's indeed the Jack Knife from Momoshiro.

D

Deleted User

OK, it seems you've not understood it. You can't use more than 16 colors in komas. A lot of them are in RGB instead of indexed colors and use a lot more than 16 colors. I can't do anything with this.

for now I'm doing a nearest neighbour approximation to get back a 16 colors image, but it can be ugly...

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I just looked up this Koma:
rk_15_3dl.png

in my VIZ manga release of Rurouni Kenshin. The exact words in that frame are: "those words... are a law of nature"
reffering to a two or three frames back where Shishio says: "In this world, the strong live.... and the weak die."

i vote for this one :
In this world, the strong live.... and the weak die (sound so cool for this character
tongue.gif

DutchRurouni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's basicly what he's referring to. I don't know how much text you can place in this balloons. So you can either put the live-die sentence in it, or mix the two sentences.

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It will be to the editor to choose .....
all words seems impossible to fit so .... i ve already choose previously

BTW with the dev_snap released some edited komas can be see in game,
Like this you can check lisibility and maybe make a nomenclatura, like min height of typo, and cutting words

sometimes all the text are very difficult to insert maybe a little adptation can be opted for lisibility gains

(i think adaptation is the key ...... because i use it a lot for battle &support characters, it's impossible to fit a complete literal translation )

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about the Ryoma koma from Prince of Tennis.

to_02_3dr.png

Will the italicized serif font be left there or re-edited with the font everyone is using for the other komas?

2wirends

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i feel that it should be italicized serif - it was that in the japanese version so why shouldnt it be in the english version? although it might be a different font, it gives a distinguished feel that this is not like the other komas - which it isnt because it was originally in english.

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
I just looked up this Koma:
rk_15_3dl.png

in my VIZ manga release of Rurouni Kenshin. The exact words in that frame are: "those words... are a law of nature"
reffering to a two or three frames back where Shishio says: "In this world, the strong live.... and the weak die."

i vote for this one :
In this world, the strong live.... and the weak die (sound so cool for this character
tongue.gif
if the original maker of the game feel that it's okay to take the frame out of context and only take the one that shows "those words... are a law of nature," why should we feel the need to change the text that's from 2-3 frames earlier?

think about it this way, when the japanese people play the game, all they see is "those words... are a law of nature." and that was totally fine with them, so why are we messing around with what was said in the frame?

i don't know, i feel like we are getting a little too close to the fine line between good translation and unnecessary changes that damages the original integrity.

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Komas page has been updated with housin engi (original and edited komas has been upload)

i invite komas editor to check the dev_snapshot patch released in the wiki for checking your ingame creation

Dizwix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that the six cases Tsuna(Reborn) looked like saying"disapointer" instead of "disapointed" so:
tr056vmg6.png

Dizwix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
dt064ouj7.png

dt074ovw7.png

dt084oab5.png

op088hhy4.png

op405hurkf5.png

op415vdlzt4.png

What do you think about?

XelKamikaze,don't do the back ground in white but In the grey in theoriginal komas,and it's Frieza or Freeza,not Freiza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Dios mios