ROM Hack Jump Ultimate stars Komas edition

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did this version from romruto because of the issue of how to read it... what do u think?

bl_18_5Vdl.png

Did you ever played the game? You can't just change shape of koma /=
the shape of the koma did not change though? only the image was flipped.

Still can't do it. I'm sure deufeufeu could whip up a hack. But I don't think he'd bother.
It's just too complicated. Leave the koma shapes alone.

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I did this version from romruto because of the issue of how to read it... what do u think?

bl_18_5Vdl.png

Did you ever played the game? You can't just change shape of koma /=

the shape of the koma did not change though? only the image was flipped.

Still can't do it. I'm sure deufeufeu could whip up a hack. But I don't think he'd bother.
It's just too complicated. Leave the koma shapes alone.

Still dont get it right? i didnt change anything but the image... didnt even use diferent colors... just flipped the image... kept the frame, changed the text to other places and voila... but i guess i cant expect u to get that part ._.

we could even put brand new images as long as we kept the size and frames... and probably the colors since they probably has a certain palette...

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
deufeufeu needs to comfirm it but i think it's ok

we doesn't care about Content of image only Shap need to be the same

btw bowbowhead we now that housin hengi is missing
there is a line about this in the to do list

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country

bl_18_5Vdl.png
Again, if it's how you guys like i can accept it, but i personally I don't like this new version because

A. i feel it's bad to flip the character (could mess up a character's attributes (ie. maybe left and right side are not identical)

B. The bubbles are still mixed up in terms of accentuating the words X_X
"save rukia" is most likely the accentuated part of the sentence, and would fit better with the bigger bubble (with bigger text).

Just swap the text? i think it is low enough to be not too strange from an english sense.

(I hope it doesnt seem like im complaining, im just trying to give constructive criticism based on my opinion)

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

bl_18_5Vdl.png

Again, if it's how you guys like i can accept it, but i personally I don't like this new version because

A. i feel it's bad to flip the character (could mess up a character's attributes (ie. maybe left and right side are not identical)

B. The bubbles are still mixed up in terms of accentuating the words X_X
"save rukia" is most likely the accentuated part of the sentence, and would fit better with the bigger bubble (with bigger text).

Just swap the text? i think it is low enough to be not too strange from an english sense.

(I hope it doesnt seem like im complaining, im just trying to give constructive criticism based on my opinion)

The point is that what was wrong before was that since we dont only read from left to right but up to down as well... the first one looked wrong...

In the other hand this is not something that we will do often but was an option needed to fix the problem and of course i took into consideration that the character could look wrong inversed but actually most of the mangas translated from english to spanish and fliped dont care about that ^^;

anyway i just did it because i felt the other one wrong but it wasnt just a flip and putting the same globes on the pic... i had to draw some floor and redistributed the globes...

not like im forcing anyone to use mine... i just did it as a suggestion like everyone else

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
My 2 cents....

(worth nothing)

I don't like the flip idea... hated that in earlier GN days with flopped Manga. It is possible to switch the text as they appear in the bubbles? Just rearrange the words into the new space. I think this works for this particular koma, but not others. I agree that this makes the process slightly longer and minimally more difficult. But this is how it is done currently. Masune Shirow, (ghost in the Shell), goes to the point of redrawing an entire page if he feels the flip and flop looks poor. This an extreme example, but we haven't slacked on anything else yet... Why start getting lazy now?

Once again... and as usual, feel free to flame me for my opinion.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
the Sakura one should be
"do I look more like a WOMAN now?" since WOMEN is plural

I caught that too:

na164vcz2.png

@mixinluv2u: I think it looks a lot better that way.
Well this I think the last edit and translating.. I will be doing coz my PC crashed on me and I can't get my files back :'( but I did manage to fix this one.. sighsss.. But at least I got all the Bleach and Naruto ones done : P

na_16_4V
na164vgv1.png

bl_27_2V
bl272vkl3.png

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
My 2 cents....

(worth nothing)

I don't like the flip idea... hated that in earlier GN days with flopped Manga. It is possible to switch the text as they appear in the bubbles? Just rearrange the words into the new space. I think this works for this particular koma, but not others. I agree that this makes the process slightly longer and minimally more difficult. But this is how it is done currently. Masune Shirow, (ghost in the Shell), goes to the point of redrawing an entire page if he feels the flip and flop looks poor. This an extreme example, but we haven't slacked on anything else yet... Why start getting lazy now?

Once again... and as usual, feel free to flame me for my opinion.

Is not about being lazy but because of the form of the koma you cant put the bubbles in better places and not fliping it would end up in covering most of Renji's head.

As i said im not forcing anyone... just did whatever i thought looked better since the character is the same from left to right and from right to left as long as you cant see his sword, bankai or leutenant range thingie...

thats my opinion

Ryjuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really dont like the idea flipping manga images, for some reason it really looks weird... for example his headband

Why don't we just use this concept, yeah i know it is right to left but it is still easy to read.

bleachkomacopyyq7.png

Maybe if i have the time i'll also contribute on fixing the koma's

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
bc_01_2H.png

a lot of this image is now covered up. according to gamefaqs the context of the frame is that she turn her hand into a knife and opened a can, then said, "aren't i useful?" but with the adjusted word bubble you can't really see the hand transformation. not sure what's more important to most people, but the words from one frame of the manga is less important to me than the picture.

bc_04_5Hul.png

i think the original "i'll defeat you using everything i got." is less awkward than "i'll defeat you with everything i got."

bc_03_4O.png

there's a typo, haven't should be havn't.

bc_08_4Z.png

in the original japanese, the dots comes before "charging" not after. i took that as a pause in speech during the charge before he even starts talking. not sure how strict you want to follow the original.

bc_02_3ur.png

since japanese is read from right to left, the order of the words should be "transform" and then "mermaid." and please correct me if i am wrong, but i am pretty sure "transform" is being used as a verb here and not a noun (transformation)??

geunt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
you re right for the first one mxinluv2u, text are easy to read but we don't see his arm-knife

second .... it's like playing with words. why not but typo height and text are very easy to read so i don't think it s vital

3 no comment

4 ..... like second

5 i think mermaid transformation fits ... but without all !!!! after mermaid, but you're right it's transform mermaid!! or mermaid transformation !!, i think this one is a nice rebuild and i very want to keep edited komas like this, because it's a great add ! it s not only translation and edition, it's a adaptation to occidental viewver

that s my point of view

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
bc_01_2H.png

a lot of this image is now covered up. according to gamefaqs the context of the frame is that she turn her hand into a knife and opened a can, then said, "aren't i useful?" but with the adjusted word bubble you can't really see the hand transformation. not sure what's more important to most people, but the words from one frame of the manga is less important to me than the picture.
here.. : ( PC still down ... sighs..
bc012haq9.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s