Discussion Octopath Traveler Save Editing

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by SleepyPrince, Jul 12, 2018.

1. WaitWhatBro

WaitWhatBro GBAtemp Regular

Jul 15, 2016
    United States
    Not sure why this hasn't been shared yet but it's a save editor thats for those using checkpoint and a PC.

Attached Files:

daijobu, 888b, alantgw and 5 others like this.
  2. RedShadoww

RedShadoww Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2016
    Canada
    I want to add Spurning Ribbon (Item ID 1901) to my save, how do I go about this? I've followed all the steps for 010 and I've opened up the template table but I have no idea where & what to edit.

Edit: okay so I'm using the save editor from
    but I can't seem to find spurning ribbon, is it named differently?

Edit2: Never mind, just had to add in the item and ID into the info/item.txt file

Last edited by RedShadoww, Oct 30, 2018
  3. BlackwingAngelx

BlackwingAngelx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    So..this is dead I guess? I have the latest version of the game, but it says "Config file isn't compatible with your game version. Editing is disabled." I downloaded the latest from here and tried GH. That's a real shame.

4. Ecner19

Ecner19 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    Philippines
    Is your octopath version 1.0.2? Mine shows up like that until i updated edizon and used their files. Not the one from here. It works perfectly now

5. BlackwingAngelx

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I'm on 1.0.2. So which files did you use then? I'm pretty sure my Edizon is fully updated, I downloaded it a week ago. And I just downloaded the config from here too

6. Ecner19

Ecner19 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2016
    Philippines
    If you download edizon again, all of the available configs and latest are there. Use those, not the configs from here.

7. BlackwingAngelx

Dec 7, 2013
    United States
    Ah ok, thanks. I downloaded that first and then figured I needed these configs. Didn't realize it already had them.

8. aleuts

aleuts Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2016
    Do you have a source for this file? I was wondering if there is an updated version?

Thanks

9. baked potato

baked potato GBAtemp Regular

Feb 29, 2016
    United States
    I just started playing octopath traveler recently and i realized once i got to 5th character the first character you choose to play is locked in the party until you finish their story whih just seems like an incredibly retarded decision.

Using the save editor, can i remove this lock and play the game normally otherwise? I really dont want to let my team end up having lopsided levels and jp through out the game

10. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Unlock will be probably impossible, but not impossible is to change main character through save editing.

11. 888b

888b Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2019
    Singapore
    this works perfect for me, thanks for sharing.

just used Checkpoint to extract the save, use the program to edit the save on my SD card, then Checkpoint to restore the save. :)

12. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    To hit lv 99 you will need exp of 790,390

13. WiseFool

WiseFool GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2018
    India
    How do I modify values for items?

I can see the list under "Items" in Edizon. But when I modify the ID and Count I end up losing the item thats already in my inventory.

How do I just add items without losing any?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Btw what is item ID 589?

14. cloudfe

cloudfe GBAtemp Fan

Feb 24, 2013
    Belgium
    Hello, I'm trying to do the same as Ryu did, but when I select the edited save file I end up at the game title's screen (tried with two different saves already).

Here's a screenshot.

A helping hand would be much appreciated :)

Info: I've used Checkpoint's latest version in SX OS 2.7.1.

EDIT: Nevermind, I repeated the operation, and this time it worked (I'm not sure what I did differently).
    Thank you for the great tool :)

Last edited by cloudfe, May 12, 2019
  15. nakami

nakami Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    Germany
    did anybody check yet whether the steam version on PC stayed the same save file format?

EDIT: just tryed the 010 editor + template method with a steam PC save file and it works just fine!

what does the "IsAnalyse" flag per monster mean in the enemy data section? what are the flags of the weaknesses? already analysed weaknesses? looking into this, as there is a steam achievement "Strategist" which might or might not require chapter 1 bosses to be fully analysed (need early Cyrus for that)...

Last edited by nakami, Jul 22, 2019
  16. minkiz88

minkiz88 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2010
    United States
    Virginia, USA
    You beat me to it, but they are compatible! I exported my Switch save with Checkpoint and just a few lines of the header were slightly different. But you don't even have to modify it! You just rename it to SaveData#.sav and load that save slot which will appear bugged (it'll be blank and say like, time: 00:00, level 1), but will load properly. When you then save, it will correct the slightly different header information and work!

Last edited by minkiz88, Jul 22, 2019