ROM Hack Discussion Octopath Traveler Save Editing

RedShadoww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to add Spurning Ribbon (Item ID 1901) to my save, how do I go about this? I've followed all the steps for 010 and I've opened up the template table but I have no idea where & what to edit.

Edit: okay so I'm using the save editor from
Not sure why this hasn't been shared yet but it's a save editor thats for those using checkpoint and a PC.

but I can't seem to find spurning ribbon, is it named differently?

Edit2: Never mind, just had to add in the item and ID into the info/item.txt file

Last edited by RedShadoww,

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..this is dead I guess? I have the latest version of the game, but it says "Config file isn't compatible with your game version. Editing is disabled." I downloaded the latest from here and tried GH. That's a real shame.

Ecner19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So..this is dead I guess? I have the latest version of the game, but it says "Config file isn't compatible with your game version. Editing is disabled." I downloaded the latest from here and tried GH. That's a real shame.

Is your octopath version 1.0.2? Mine shows up like that until i updated edizon and used their files. Not the one from here. It works perfectly now

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your octopath version 1.0.2? Mine shows up like that until i updated edizon and used their files. Not the one from here. It works perfectly now
Yeah, I'm on 1.0.2. So which files did you use then? I'm pretty sure my Edizon is fully updated, I downloaded it a week ago. And I just downloaded the config from here too

Ecner19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah, I'm on 1.0.2. So which files did you use then? I'm pretty sure my Edizon is fully updated, I downloaded it a week ago. And I just downloaded the config from here too

If you download edizon again, all of the available configs and latest are there. Use those, not the configs from here.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing octopath traveler recently and i realized once i got to 5th character the first character you choose to play is locked in the party until you finish their story whih just seems like an incredibly retarded decision.

Using the save editor, can i remove this lock and play the game normally otherwise? I really dont want to let my team end up having lopsided levels and jp through out the game

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just started playing octopath traveler recently and i realized once i got to 5th character the first character you choose to play is locked in the party until you finish their story whih just seems like an incredibly retarded decision.

Using the save editor, can i remove this lock and play the game normally otherwise? I really dont want to let my team end up having lopsided levels and jp through out the game

Unlock will be probably impossible, but not impossible is to change main character through save editing.

888b

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Not sure why this hasn't been shared yet but it's a save editor thats for those using checkpoint and a PC.

this works perfect for me, thanks for sharing.

just used Checkpoint to extract the save, use the program to edit the save on my SD card, then Checkpoint to restore the save. :)

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
How do I modify values for items?

I can see the list under "Items" in Edizon. But when I modify the ID and Count I end up losing the item thats already in my inventory.

How do I just add items without losing any?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Btw what is item ID 589?

cloudfe

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You're right @SleepyPrince I solved it. Must enter the value from left to right. Thanks :)

View attachment 135794

View attachment 135795

Hello, I'm trying to do the same as Ryu did, but when I select the edited save file I end up at the game title's screen (tried with two different saves already).

Here's a screenshot.

A helping hand would be much appreciated :)

Info: I've used Checkpoint's latest version in SX OS 2.7.1.

EDIT: Nevermind, I repeated the operation, and this time it worked (I'm not sure what I did differently).
Thank you for the great tool :)

Last edited by cloudfe,

nakami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did anybody check yet whether the steam version on PC stayed the same save file format?

EDIT: just tryed the 010 editor + template method with a steam PC save file and it works just fine!

what does the "IsAnalyse" flag per monster mean in the enemy data section? what are the flags of the weaknesses? already analysed weaknesses? looking into this, as there is a steam achievement "Strategist" which might or might not require chapter 1 bosses to be fully analysed (need early Cyrus for that)...

Last edited by nakami,

minkiz88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You beat me to it, but they are compatible! I exported my Switch save with Checkpoint and just a few lines of the header were slightly different. But you don't even have to modify it! You just rename it to SaveData#.sav and load that save slot which will appear bugged (it'll be blank and say like, time: 00:00, level 1), but will load properly. When you then save, it will correct the slightly different header information and work!

Last edited by minkiz88,

president

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thats happens when working with total noobs like me ;)
I have downloaded the github html instead of the real file, the "raw" thing does the trick.

Sorry for stealing your time
i have been trying to edit my save the 010 is kinda confusing to me so if you can help i would appreciate it ..all i wanted was max money max of every type of nuts and 4 for every weapon in the game like if you can give me a step by step for what to do i would really appreciate it. i literally stuck here and dont know what to do.
octopath screenshot.PNG

FurRail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
HI i have a problem with a savegame..

I had played normally "H'aanit"s Story, but at "SpectreWood Path" where you have to defeat the Tree with a beast.. the game decided to break..
I have defeated the Tree but cannot progress as a sign at the end of the level tells me that i should not go this way..

I have watched playthroughs with H'aanit and they just defeated the tree and walked to the next scene without problems.
Is that something i could fix with the editor?
I really dont want to loose the savegame as i already have 5 good characters there and spend a lot of time..

xarfax1105

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is the item editor in Edizon limited to editing the first 10 items that you receive or is it possible to increase that somehow?

Throwaway57

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: More information on "struct EnemyInfoData".
So ive been playing around with a strategist save file and i've spotted some differences.
(im using 010 Editor and the PC port of the game)
From what i've tested is that some monster ID's spotted in "SaveEnemyData[x]" is the same as on the "Tamed monsters list".

What I mean by that is SaveEnemyData[1] is "Highland Ratkin 1" (if I wrote the name correctly).
What monster is exactly what still needs more testing, I realised they aren't the same because sentinels mk2 (id 343) doesn't have magic weakness-es in game, but the file says they do, so we need a new list of enemies.

From what ive tested "IsAnalyse" will always have value 0 (not sure about bosses, like i said more testing needed).

"WeaknessOpen" is where the fun begins.
It has 2 sets of 000000. The first part (from left to right) stores data from from the magic weakness. The second part stores data from weapons.

When changing the values, always change the values on the 4th set of 0's (the one next to ",b"). Al thought I haven't tested deleting ",b" I advise leaving it be.
If you change the final value of weapon to "00010101,b"
on "Highland Ratkin 1" (SaveEnemyData[1]), you will reveal the weakness-es sword, dagger and bow.
What we can see from the file is that there is a pattern with weakness-es. The current pattern of weakness-es is sword, dagger, bow.

While the value in magic for ratkin I is "00010000,b" which stand for light in game.
Due note that I am only changing the final part in the numbers so the value for magic would be "00000000 00000000 00000000 00010000,b".

I would upload the strategist file but its not supported :/ .
Here is a filebin link:
filebin ca/5KucAr61MtAe/SaveData9 sav
Just replace " " with a "."

If anyone has a file with the "eagle eyed" achievement (all hidden items founds) or "Collector" (Obtain all items), I would much appreciate it for testing purposes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Uh oh... Here comes the noise
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wow the one who uploaded the pizza tower ost got hacked
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    honestly pizza tower is basically wario land 4 but speed, and it seems like antonblast is wario land 4 with destruction
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Wait.. @Xdqwerty brought that link here to Our site, knowing it's been HACKED! :angry::angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Antonblast is more optimized than pizza tower
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone has 13% battery
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And i'm not in my house so i can't use my PC
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    gasp you need to touch grass instead of using the phone!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @linuxares, I already touched grass years ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the doctors hands when you were just being born?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Us 40-50+ yr olds made it without phones or internet, and now kids freak out without having either. We would roll marbles for fun, no joke!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, I played a little bit of snowday I'd say it's worth $10
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Then i should kill myself for being young
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty whatever, lets be a little more dramatic. I'm just saying times have changed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Talk about suicide really should be in the tos it's getting a little out of control in the shitbox I get people go through things but it's really a sensitive subject that shouldn't really be public
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Did you ever talk to your grandma or big brother about your feelings? If not you def should. It's ok, nobody is hating on you, you just should not be afraid to ask for help. Everybody at some time in they life goes thru things, and most are afraid to ask for help, but you should.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You could get some asshole in here that's all like do it do it and someone actually does why it should really be against the rules imo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i'm too coward :cry:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No reason to be afraid. It's more cowardly to not admit that you have issues. I have issues, lots of them, but better to be honest, and open up to someone you trust, so you can work thru those issues together
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: No reason to be afraid. It's more cowardly to not admit that you have issues. I have issues...