nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yay!

i think marriage is stupid, but the right to marry is not. ideally i would prefer that married couples didn't get extra benefits or protections that single people don't get, but any move towards equality is welcomed.

i do believe some people are against gay marriage because they imagine gay sex is simply gross. and it is, but so is straight sex. just picture your parents going at it! or any of the ugly people you see everyday... should they not be allowed to marry because you think it's gross?

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well this will be a long post

i see that many people are quoting leviticus. you know what i have to say about that?
"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee."
- leviticus 19:19
no clothes of mixed fibers.

"These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you."
-leviticus 11:9-12
oh my god, no shellfish. guess we are ALL going to hell

honestly, stop quoting from the bible, especially the old testament.

VashTS said:
facial hair + facial hair = disgusting.

says you. i like it.
you know what else? people like different things sexually. some people like bondage. i think some of bondage is disgusting, but does that mean im going to criticize them for doing that? thats just immature and ignorant. its also not like we are going to go right up to you and make out with you, ever.

QUOTE(VashTS @ Aug 4 2010, 11:19 PM) sorry to burst everyones bubble. gay is a trend. nothing more.

how? if the passage in leviticus was truly condemning gays when it was written in ca 1440 bc, this must be a huuuuge trend.
saying that it is a trend is just ignorant. you cant even consider everyone gay/straight. what about intersex? what about people of the third gender? what about transpeople?
you know what i think you would say? i think you would say "its all wrong, its disgusting, theres no such thing, its a DISEASE"
it has been around much much longer than you think, and its not even limited to humans! how about that.

you also know what? there are alot of THEORIES about what causes homosexuality. you cant take theories as absolute fact. theories change too.
if one of you mentions evolution, think about this
some people think its wrong, some think its right. there will always be controversy of it. its hard to prove too, since evolution takes place over a long period of time, which it would happen probably long after we die. yeah, i believe in evolution, but does that mean i criticize people who believe in creationism? they are compatible you know. you can say god put evolution into place.

you know what people also had a problem with, interracial marriage. see how quickly that hate died down? i kind of dont see that happening with gay marriage though. i think some people just see us as a scapegoat for hate. if this country fails ever, i can see the descendants of fred phelps saying "IT WAS THE GODDAMN GAYS". i can see many people doing that, too, not just them.

this thread really upsets me. i cant stand homophobia, dont understand it either. to me its just "OH MY GOD THEY ARE DIFFERENT! SHUN THEM! SHUNNNNNNNNNNN".

we arent sex fiends. i know many abstinent religious gays, who arent trying to find someone they can be thereself with, or find someone who they would spend the rest of their lives together with (not even sexually) because they dont want to be yelled at, telling them they are wrong, and told they are going to hell.

let me ask you this? if marriage is made for procreation, what about infertile couples. couples who dont want children? i find that people who say this are hypocrites because they probably use contraceptives themselves and spouting shit.

jesus teaches love not hate. i cant remember ever even reading that jesus talking about homosexuality. and i spent my entire life in catholic school, and going to mass every sunday up until last year (i stopped. i do not believe in organized religion).

[/rant]
i look forward to replies because it seems like most of these in this thread just get ignored.

recommended movie: for the bible tells me so

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, if you don't like gay marriage, blame straight people. They're the ones who keep having gay babies.

Logan 5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The government should have absolutely no involvement in the operation of any religious ritual unless that ritual is in violation of the law. You can't legislate religion and religion shouldn't (not can't b/c they do) legislate morality, the constitution specifically undeniably prohibits it and iirc that amendment has not been repealed as of yet.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well I am glad to finally see that horrid thing finally got stricken down, but at the same time find it very disturbing that people have to vote for other people's rights.
@VashTS: You are an ignorant bigot and one of the reasons people in sociality can not progress.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Well I am glad to finally see that horrid thing finally got stricken down, but at the same time find it very disturbing that people have to vote for other people's rights.
This is true.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
you also know what? there are alot of THEORIES about what causes homosexuality. you cant take theories as absolute fact. theories change too.
if one of you mentions evolution, think about this
some people think its wrong, some think its right. there will always be controversy of it. its hard to prove too, since evolution takes place over a long period of time, which it would happen probably long after we die. yeah, i believe in evolution, but does that mean i criticize people who believe in creationism? they are compatible you know. you can say god put evolution into place.

jesus teaches love not hate. i cant remember ever even reading that jesus talking about homosexuality. and i spent my entire life in catholic school, and going to mass every sunday up until last year (i stopped. i do not believe in organized religion).
Noticeable evolution can take place after just a few generations and is a fact not a theory. The theory of evolution is an explanation of how different species came to be.

When people say Jesus is loving are they just ignorant of this passage or ignoring it?

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

QUOTE(Sterl500 @ Aug 5 2010, 08:33 AM) Honestly I shouldn't even be replying here, seeing as I have a "history" with these threads.

I have a question: Do people even need marriage to be happy? Because I know several people who aren't married and don't plan on marriage (and they live together). Seriously, marriage is just a status for the law/religious purposes. I don't know why it's such a big deal. I mean I would have voted no for it because I believe it's wrong. No one needs marriage to be happy, it's just because gays/lesbians seem to have something they want to prove.

/End of post/
It isn't about happiness, its about the legal benefits that a woman and man can get but two people of the same gender cannot.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If my sister loved me as two wedded people joined together do, then I should have the right to be able to marry her, right? This is just an example, mind you, though I do have a hot cousin. If the law can be changed to include same-sex marriage, then why not incest marriage? Two consenting adults, like with heterosexual and homosexual marriages.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What if you met a female, grown increasingly fond of her, only to find out she is male?

Isn't marriage presumably a legal and religious binding between two beings in love?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
If my sister loved me as two wedded people joined together do, then I should have the right to be able to marry her, right? This is just an example, mind you, though I do have a hot cousin. If the law can be changed to include same-sex marriage, then why not incest marriage? Two consenting adults, like with heterosexual and homosexual marriages.
The only problem would be the birth defects that could occur.

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of this debate. It makes less than no sense to me. Why does anyone care if gay people can be married by law? Be who you want to be with. Who gives a shit if the state recognizes the union.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.You know, if you're under 13 you shouldn't be on forums without your parent's explicit permission.
QUOTEThe Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Alex221 said:
I Hate Gay People,There Is A Gay Guy In My School Named David,But I Call Him Gayvid.The Scary Part Is That He Is My Neighboor.You know, if you're under 13 you shouldn't be on forums without your parent's explicit permission.
QUOTEThe Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information from children under 13.

*Applause*

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Alex221 said:
Actually,I Just Turned 13 On June The 13 XD And By The Way,1 More Year And Im Going To High School Im Not A Kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh