Hacking i'm tired of reading, help me plz!!!

warlock110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, started last night, i was bore, so i decided i'll go out n buy a DS to release my boredom. then i came across this site and been reading on flash rom for a few hours. and it starting to get very very confusing. i basically narrow down to these criteria and i also have a few question that i'm asking long with the lists i made.

1) i want a DS lite, that thing look slick
smile.gif

2) i want good GBA compatibilities, cuzz there some good GBA game i wannt play

these are the different type of flash cart i found and the info on them. if u guys know any additional info let me know.

Super Card Lite - MicroSD:
- cost: 55 bucks + micro SD = 75 bucks
- Fit perfectly in the DS Lite gba slot
- How good is the GBA support?

SuperCard Mini-SD
- cost: 50 bucks + micro SD = 70 bucks
- Will probably stick out because it's the same size as the original GBA cart

EZFlash IV Lite Micro SD:
- cost: 60 bucks + micro SD = 80 bucks
- What's the biggest different between this and the super card stuff?

G6Flash 3rd 2G NDS
- cost 140 bucks + no memory stick
- seems to fit perfectly into DS lite gba slot
- GBA support?
- freaking expensive

M3 Perfect Lite
- cost: 80 bucks + micro SD = 100 bucks
- What's the biggest different between this and the super card, and the EZFlash?

so that's the 4 main flash rom i'm looking at along with that i keep seeing these EZ-Pass and pass key selling as combo. are these pass key thingy absolutely needed to play NDS and GBA back up? or do i just need the flash rom? if so i'll have to add 20 bucks for the pass key..

i guess that's all i wanted to know now. i just go tired of going through tons of reivews and FAQ when all of them are very specific and it doesn't help when it comes to choosing and buying stuff.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Get a M3 Lite if you want (nearly?) perfect NDS and GBA compatibility
smile.gif

The M3 Lite is a GBA cartridge, so you also need to buy a passcard (read our glossary if you dont know what a passcard is exactly).

In case you're too lazy to go and read the glossary:
QUOTE said:
PassCard: A Passcard does what a Passme does (allow DS code and roms to boot from the GBA slot) except that it does not require an original DS game inserted. The best feature of a Passcard is that it is exactly the same size as an original DS game. They were created after the Passme2 as the DS’s encryption was successfully broken. Just pop it in and in combination with any flashcart you can run DS roms. The passcard is often known as a Passme 3. Some popular passcard devices include: Passcard3, Datel Media Launcher, Superkey and EZpass3.

In short, if you don't buy a passcard, you will only be able to play GBA games with your M3 lite (or any GBA flash cartridge). If you buy one, you will be able to play both DS and GBA.
If you're looking for a decent and cheap passcard, I recommend the PassWe. Cheaper than the other passcards, and compatible with most GBA flashcartrs/adapters.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basicly it comes down to personal preferences. None of teh cards truly suck
smile.gif

and EZflash used to have outstanding GBA support on their cartridges. And it seems there doing okay/good on NDS support (u need a passme device or your DS flashed with firmware).

warlock110

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks man, all that reading was good enough, but that short replies did wonder. i guess if i buy a combo of flash + by pass its gonna be cheaper
smile.gif
, now i got to go check the price.
so 1 last question.

essentially the Super Card Lite - MicroSD and the SuperCard Mini-SD are the same thing, the only reason that the super card lite is 5 dollars more is that it fit nicely into the new ds while the old supercard won't. but both will need the bypass card right?

dang i saw an article on the DS for 99 bucks at target, they change the price already. lol. i need to find 1 cheap. 130 + all this stuff is too much
smile.gif

omg, i've also just realized, the DS price cut was in agust 15 of last year, that means it's been over a year for the 130 price. i think i'm gonna wait it out till chrismas and pick it up for around 100....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning