Hacking Hykem's 5.5 iosu Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just going by what SonyUSA posted. I don't mean to cause a stir with that question. If I misread what she posted just don't crucify me for it. :P

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
3 Obfuscating with the presence of the keys to decrypt IOSU is even more unuseful. but i'm not hykem, and i cannot change his mind on the subject
Look, its quite simple. Ever since Sony took geohot to task with jailbreaking ps3... All devs including failoverflow are shtting bricks... So that's why you have devs who can break into these systems and reverse engineer them to bits.... But they all come out with the standard "I am against piracy" line just to keep the solicitors at bay. It's all a big game and I'm surprised people can't see the obvious.

How do you think leaks like pasta cfw suddenly appear on pastebin if the dev are so against piracy?

Hykem, in my eyes has to show the people watching his actions he did his best to not make piracy easier.... Circumventing all the stuff Nintendo did will certainly p them off. Luckily Nintendo are not Sony.... But still hykem has to watch what he does and say he did his best to avoid piracy with this release by obfuscation... Everyone know pirates gonna do piracy.... Loadiine is already here.... Hykem just covering his back like all other devs out there

D

Deleted User

You mean literally no one, right? I dont think theres a single homebrew app that isnt piracy based that is good
Caffiine is a personal favorite of mine. Not sure if you could call it an app.. But its pretty great.

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Look, its quite simple. Ever since Sony took geohot to task with jailbreaking ps3... All devs including failoverflow are shtting bricks... So that's why you have devs who can break into these systems and reverse engineer them to bits.... But they all come out with the standard "I am against piracy" line just to keep the solicitors at bay. It's all a big game and I'm surprised people can't see the obvious.

How do you think leaks like pasta cfw suddenly appear on pastebin if the dev are so against piracy?

Hykem, in my eyes has to show the people watching his actions he did his best to not make piracy easier.... Circumventing all the stuff Nintendo did will certainly p them off. Luckily Nintendo are not Sony.... But still hykem has to watch what he does and say he did his best to avoid piracy with this release by obfuscation... Everyone know pirates gonna do piracy.... Loadiine is already here.... Hykem just covering his back like all other devs out there

You got it kinda backwards, obfustication just makes it harder for nintendo to circumvent the expoit, and maybe for others to copy the exploit and release it under their own name. Nothing else.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean literally no one, right? I dont think theres a single homebrew app that isnt piracy based that is good
Super Mario War port on Wii was killer. Same with Wii Space and SuperSonic Wii was a homebrew version of Amplitude. There was AmplituDS which was similar and also good. There's plenty of good non-piracy homebrews.

The 3DS even has a port of DooM and Quake, which if you actually own them, isn't piracy either.

I really can't disagree more, honestly.

Edit: Don't forget the simple Minecraft clones for PSP and 3DS. They were okay if you liked creative.

Last edited by NightsOwl,
Reactions: Deleted User

PamiPumiKyun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This.

I don't know if people don't see it or are, too, covering their doings.

When Hykem says he is "obfuscating" the code, he means "improving performance and ordering code".

Reactions: Deleted User

codychaosx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. I was just thinking someone should start a poll seeing who would even use this new isou exploit if it doesnt allow piracy enabling homebrew like loadiine or emulators. lmao.
I sure wouldnt waste my time or risk making a mistake and fucking up my console just for cheats or a media player.

Reactions: Masterwin

Neesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. I was just thinking someone should start a poll seeing who would even use this new isou exploit if it doesnt allow piracy enabling homebrew like loadiine or emulators. lmao.
I sure wouldnt waste my time or risk making a mistake and fucking up my console just for cheats or a media player.
Alright, let me get this straight ! Just because Hykem is making it hard to pirate(which i am sure he is only doing this to not get in legal issues, no more than that) doesn't mean he said it is going to be impossible, infact he said it would delay piracy, that means it will eventually come out.

KoolKidsKlub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think theres a single homebrew app that isnt piracy based that is good
Not yet, there's not. We don't really have any devs developing stuff for the Wii U in the first place. I'm hoping with the release of the IOSU exploit we'll have access and the ability to create media player homebrew like the Wii has. Would love to turn my Wii U, something I bought nothing more for than the exclusives, into something like Kodi/XBMC. Its gamepad would be perfect for it. The thought of a Kodi/XBMC remote that lets me touch to scroll through my near-endless catalog of movies/tv shows with my finger gets me excited! I'm imagining like a cover flow-like presentation that's scrollable by touch. Throw some emulators in there--all playable with the Wii U gamepad--and you've got a pretty sweet HTPC setup. Unlocking its bd drive to play bds would be the cherry on the top!

Not directed at anyone specifically: I'm pretty sure Hykem and like every other Wii U dev has made their stance clear on piracy. They all have no interest in it. The fact someone thinks they'd help support/aid to the advancement of something they don't support themselves is crazy to me. Not to mention I'm pretty sure they don't want to give reason to Nintendo's legal department to sue them. They want nothing more than to run their own code on a device they own. Enabling piracy on the device would only make the company more apt to sue. Think about it from a conscious, professional person's standpoint--such as Nintendo and their legal team--not someone who is biased towards piracy. That said, that doesn't mean that someone can't come along and modify his work to enable piracy like what happened with geohot and the PS3 ages ago, but at least in court they'd know his intentions were not maliciousness (not that it helped geohot any, though)

Anyway, that's just if what SonyUSA who seems to keep in touch with the developers says is true. I'm excited either way. Though it's going to be a huge shitstorm if what she says is true.

Last edited by KoolKidsKlub,
Reactions: NightsOwl

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say that, but tons of people above 9.2 3DS' eventually got just Homebrew apps for 3DS.

And while Emulators were included in that, I think people appreciated Custom Themes quite a bit and Hans allowing Screenshots and Region Free, etc.

I'm sure plenty of people would get a Wii U homebrew only exploit for Patched Discs and Region Free. They're pretty decent things. Especially since Hykem is aiming for a *safe* release. Which almost anything "homebrew only" would be anyway. If it doesn't touch Kernel/NAND, you're pretty safe.

Last edited by NightsOwl,

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please explain the concept behind "I'm going to release an exploit that gives users access to the "entire" console and definitely can't ever enable piracy so Nintendo won't care at all" How is an exploit that opens the system going to prevent piracy? There's literally no point in placing measures to "prevent" piracy into such code when Nintendo doesn't want their console exploited period. They will patch it as soon as they can.

Last edited by Captain Crunch,

NightsOwl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please explain the concept behind "I'm going to release an exploit that gives users access to the "entire" console and definitely can't ever enable piracy so Nintendo won't care at all" How is an exploit that opens the system going to prevent piracy? There's literally no point in placing measures to "prevent" piracy into such code when Nintendo doesn't want their console exploited period. They will patch it as soon as they can.
Because they don't want legal trouble is my assumption. I think I remember a guy from the PS3 days of Hacking... geohot or something like that, got sued hard by Sony IIRC.

Maybe he thinks it'll save his bum from something similar.

Captain Crunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because they don't want legal trouble is my assumption. I think I remember a guy from the PS3 days of Hacking... geohot or something like that, got sued hard by Sony IIRC.

Maybe he thinks it'll save his bum from something similar.
Annonomous releases are so easy now days.
Like Quartermaster Odven once said "If Hypem doesn't release it, the Chinese will."

Last edited by Captain Crunch,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo