DNSpresso, a brand new DNS-based exploit for the Wii U gets released

While the Nintendo Switch currently holds the spotlight when it comes to Nintendo consoles, the Wii U is still being held dearly by many as an emulation and homebrew machine, more so due to its unique dual screen feature.

One of the most prominent Wii U scene homebrew developers, @GaryOderNichts, has worked on a brand new exploit for the Nintendo Wii U, which is based on modifying a connection's DNS to launch a payload into the Wii U. The steps to get this new exploit up and running is quite easy to achieve, and here's the exact instructions by released by Gary:

Instructions
  • Place all files required for booting into your homebrew environment on your SD Card (for example from aroma.foryour.cafe).
  • Place a RPX you want to boot on the root of your SD Card and rename it to launch.rpx (for example PayloadFromRPX).
  • On your Wii U head over to System Settings -> Internet -> Connect to the Internet and setup a new connection (Recommended!).
  • Go to (X) Connection List and select your newly created connection.
  • Select Change Settings -> DNS -> Do not auto-obtain.
  • Enter 85.215.57.182 as the Primary DNS and select Confirm.
  • Press (B) Back and select Connection Test.
This new method opens up yet another entry for the console (and it's never too much when it comes to console exploits nowadays).
Those interested, can also check out the GitHub repository for the exploit, and for the technical savvy people, Gary wrote an in-depth technical write up for the DNS exploit.

:arrow: DNSpresso release thread
:arrow: DNSpresso GitHub repository

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Licensing? How?
Post automatically merged:

Are there exploits that cost money :blink:
For the original Wii and OG Xbox, they relied on game save exploits to trigger a stack overflow and run arbitrary code injection. That meant buying a game disc.

• Wow
Reactions: Halbour

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to buy one of these things a while back. But the price needs to come down a bit more.

It sold a bit more than the Dreamcast from what I read. It would also be more preferable to own too.
Sometimes I almost regret buy my DC, even though its a model capable of selfboots and I also bought an SD adapter for it.

Oh well, at least it is good for backing up DC games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?