Tutorial  Updated

HOW TO UNBAN A WII U [102-2814] (COMPLETE GUIDE)

<<<<<<<<<IMPORTANT>>>>>>>>>

IF YOU HAVE CBHC, you can be unbanned. You just probably have to do it a different way.

Hello! So you maybe came here to get out of the living hell that Nintendo gave you for doing illegal stuff with your console. I won’t criticize you, because I did the same things. But if you want to get unbanned, I will show you how to!

<<<<<<REQUIREMENTS>>>>>
. An SD card (any size above 2 gb).
· Download FTPiiU Everywhere (MAKE SURE IT IS THE EVERYWHERE VERSION), create a folder called “ftpwiiu”, and place it in wii u/apps/ftpwiiu on your SD card.

· Download Filezilla (A free FTP solution for both client and server, so you can connect your Wii U with your computer without hardmod)

<<<<<PROCESS>>>>>
0.5. Launch Mocha CFW or any custom firmware method on the Wii U.

1. Launch FTPiiU on your Homebrew Launcher/Channel (By entering the internet browser or entering the app)

2. Run Filezila and copy the IP address that the Wii U is giving you at the screen.

3. A bunch of folders will appear in the program and the Hombrew Application will do its progress and work. (ALERT: STAY AT FTPiiU)

4. Pick slc/config/sys_prod.xml.

5. Copy the sys_prod.xml file to your desktop, press Edit, and you will see code combinations of the system.

6. Where it says bunch_of_numbers</serial_id>, you must edit at least 1 VALUE on the list of numbers; by that step, you will have a new SERIAL ID!

7. Go to Filezilla and drag the .xml file to the slc/config folder and overwrite the existing file. (DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FILE, IT WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE IF YOU DO!)

8. Then, get out of FTPiiU and power-off your console. When everything’s done, you have your new UNBANNED WII U! (NOTE: ALL YOUR GAMES AND SAVE DATA YOU HAD IN YOUR CONSOLE WILL STAY, DON’T WORRY)

<<<<<<<As you will see, if you followed the guide, the Wii U Gamepad isn’t synchronized to the main console. The reason is that the Gamepad is linked to a specific SERIAL ID packaged in the box that the Wii U came in. >>>>>>>

8.5. You have to resync the Gamepad by pressing the tiny red button on the controller while turning on; also, while the console on, press the sync button on the Wii U 2 times so it gives the Gamepad instructions.

9. When the Gamepad is synched, go to your user and it will say: “You cannot use this Nintendo Network ID on this console”

· While the error message is onscreen, hold down the X button AND Y button, and tap “OK.”

· You will receive a message that the NNID link has been removed. Tap “OK” to access the HOME Menu.

· The account can now be used as a local account (no NNID association), re-linked to the same NNID, or deleted.

10. Create a new Nintendo Account (do not worry, all your games and save files will be safe) and link it to your user without NNID.

<<<<<<< AND… YOU’RE DONE. YOU CAN NOW PLAY ONLINE AGAIN! IT IS NOT SIMPLE AND SOME COULD HAVE BRICKED THEIR CONSOLES. BUT TO THE PEOPLE THAT FINISHED THE PROCESS SUCCESFULLY, CONGRATULATIONS! >>>>>>>>>

<<<< AND REMEMBER, DO NOT HACK IN ONLINE GAMES AGAIN. MAKE NIN10DO PROUD TO HAVE CLEAN USERS THAT ENJOY THEIR GAMES. >>>>>>>
Video Tutorial (it is in Spanish):

Big thanks to:

FTPiiU: dimok and joedj

Less-accurate unban tutorial that helped the making of this one: C0mm4nd_ (http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-unbannig-methods.475982/)

Filezilla: The Filezille Project Team (https://filezilla-project.org/)

All the Wii U hacking team for making this tutorial/guide possible and turning people happy to upgrade their console!

Last edited by DaGlitch17,

THEDOCTOR81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean "Users" instead of "accounts" I have not, however I can. My progress is nothing to worry about. I can always edit my save files to put me back to where I was progress wise. That seems like the only way to go at this point.

THEDOCTOR81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean "Users" instead of "accounts" I have not, however I can. My progress is nothing to worry about. I can always edit my save files to put me back to where I was progress wise. That seems like the only way to go at this point.
So I have just deleted all the Users except for one that had to be there to make the new User. I made the new User and deleted the old one, rebooted my system, ran Haxchi, HBL, ran the whole unban process, and I'm getting the same error I got before when I go and Link the User to a NNID (102-2812)

THEDOCTOR81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that it's banning me because I have Homebrew Channel Launcher on there, but I deleted the user I purchased it on?
No, once purchased it works fine unless you delete the NNID associated to it, even if it's banned.
Hm maybe it's banning me because I deleted the NNID associated to it? Lol oopsy. Should I use the old serial ID to relink it to the NNID I bought it on, or do you think it will ban me before I can even relink the old User to the NNID?

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Do you think that it's banning me because I have Homebrew Channel Launcher on there, but I deleted the user I purchased it on?

Hm maybe it's banning me because I deleted the NNID associated to it? Lol oopsy. Should I use the old serial ID to relink it to the NNID I bought it on, or do you think it will ban me before I can even relink the old User to the NNID?
It shouldn't. Maybe you have an OTP ban. In that case you'll need a second console and mocha to redirect the second OTP

Reactions: THEDOCTOR81

THEDOCTOR81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OTP ban? Is that related to this thread at all or do I need to find another one to get help? There is something about an otp.bin somewhere after a quick Google search, but I know nothing about that. :unsure:

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
OTP ban? Is that related to this thread at all or do I need to find another one to get help? There is something about an otp.bin somewhere after a quick Google search, but I know nothing about that. :unsure:
OTP is required in encryption and decryption of NAND, but Nintendo can ban it to prevent unbanning. You can redirect another one that is unbanned to play online again tho.

THEDOCTOR81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the only way to get me back online is to buy another Wii U? All because I was using Keyboard and Mouse to play Splatoon (which does NOT give any advantage at ALL. It's very hard and I would not recommend it. Went from my usual S+ 90 down to S 50). I am open for suggestions and willing to try anything other than buying a new one. Yes it's only around 130 bucks US on Amazon, but I was probably banned for one of the stupidest reasons out there...

After looking, I found this. Is that what you are talking about? It looks too easy lol. Yes it's the wrong error code, but it seems to talk about the same thing to me. I don't really know. I'm no hacker at all.

Last edited by THEDOCTOR81,

SuinkaiVS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So the only way to get me back online is to buy another Wii U? All because I was using Keyboard and Mouse to play Splatoon (which does NOT give any advantage at ALL. It's very hard and I would not recommend it. Went from my usual S+ 90 down to S 50). I am open for suggestions and willing to try anything other than buying a new one. Yes it's only around 130 bucks US on Amazon, but I was probably banned for one of the stupidest reasons out there...

After looking, I found this. Is that what you are talking about? It looks too easy lol. Yes it's the wrong error code, but it seems to talk about the same thing to me. I don't really know. I'm no hacker at all.
Yeah, that is what i meant. Good luck unbanning :wink:

Magician539

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive tried many different serial ids and each time i try to create a nnid it says online services for this console cannot be used the error code I get is 102-2812. Pls help

NicoGamez

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
9. When the Gamepad is synched, go to your user and it will say: “You cannot use this Nintendo Network ID on this console”

· While the error message is onscreen, hold down the X button AND Y button, and tap “OK.”

· You will receive a message that the NNID link has been removed. Tap “OK” to access the HOME Menu.

· The account can now be used as a local account (no NNID association), re-linked to the same NNID, or deleted.​

here it says "re-linked to the same NNID" but here

10. Create a new Nintendo Account (do not worry, all your games and save files will be safe) and link it to your user without NNID.

it says "create a new nintendo account and link it to your user without NNID" so can I re-link my old NNID or do I HAVE TO create a new one?

Last edited by NicoGamez,

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed this guide and it seems to work as it is supposed to. I never got banned from any game or the eshop either but I wanted to try something. I have 4 consoles on wich I have a legal/proper (downloaded from the eshop) Brain Training DS game. I have another console that is not hacked and doesn't have a DS game. So this is what I did:

1- Enter http://u.wiidb.de/ and run the exploit.
2- Run Mocha.
3- Use Ftpiiu Everywhere, copy sys_prod.xml file, edit it by using the same ID of another console I own since 2014 (with free Brain Training game) and put the copy back (overwrite the file on the console).
4- Exit Ftpiiu Everywhere and shut down the console.
5- Switch on the console, synchronize the gamepad and remove NNID link from my mii.

After that and this is the point.

6- I tried to link aprevious NNID on the console but I couldn't even though it's the same NNID I use with the original console (the console I can download Brain Training for free).

I also tried with a new NNID, entered the eshop but the game is not for free. It seems to me that there is another piece of information (MAC address??), not only the ID, that has to be changed if I want to download it for free.

Last edited by zantzue,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.