• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

segasaturn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, switched to dd-wrt and am still having trouble getting this to work. It seems to run the script just fine. I ran the command and this
Code:
echo -e "#!/bin/sh\nWLINT=\$(nvram get wl0_ifname)\nWLMAC=\$(nvram get wl0_hwaddr)\nWLSSID=\$(nvram get wl0_ssid)\nJOBS=\$(nvram get cron_jobs)\nURL=http://nintendozone.no-ip.org?\nMACS=/tmp/\${0##*/}.macs\nSPDELAY=480\nMACNUM=0\nsetwl (){\n    wl ssid | grep -q \"\\\"\$2\\\"\" || wl ssid \"\$2\" >/dev/null\n    ifconfig \$WLINT down\n    ifconfig \$WLINT hw ether \$1 up\n}\ncase \"\$1\" in\nstart)\n    if [ -z \$2 ]; then\n        nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):\\\\1:)\"\n    else\n        nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep -v \$1 | sed \"\\\$a* * * * * root \$0 \$2\")\"\n    fi\n;;\nstop)\n    setwl \$WLMAC \$WLSSID\n    nvram set cron_jobs=\"\$(echo \"\$JOBS\" | sed -r s:#*\\(.*\$0.*\\):#\\\\1:)\"\n;;\ntoggle)\n    if echo \"\$JOBS\" | grep \$0 | grep -qe '^#'; then\n        \$0 start\n    else\n        \$0 stop\n    fi\n;;\nrestart)\n    \$0 stop\n    \$0 start\n;;\n*)\n    [ -f \$MACS ] && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l) && DELAY=\$(((\$(date +%s)-\$(date -r \$MACS +%s))/60))\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && NEWMACS=\$(wget -q -O - \$URL\$1)\n    [ \$(echo -n \"\$NEWMACS\" | wc -c) != 0 ] && echo \"\$NEWMACS\" > \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] && sed -ri \"s/^x//\" \$MACS && MACNUM=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | wc -l)\n    MACTOTAL=\$(cat \$MACS | wc -l)\n    [ \$MACNUM = 0 ] || ([ \$MACTOTAL -lt \$SPDELAY ] && [ \${DELAY:-\$SPDELAY} -lt \$((\$SPDELAY/\$MACTOTAL)) ]) && exit\n    RANDOM=\$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | sed -r \"s/^([0-9]+ +0{0,4})+//\")\n    MAC=\$(grep -v ^x \$MACS | head -n \$((\$RANDOM%\${MACNUM}+1)) | tail -n 1)\n    sed -ri \"s/^\$MAC/x&/\" \$MACS\n    SSID=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 2 -s)\n    MAC=\$(echo \$MAC | cut -d , -f 1)\n    : \${SSID:=\$WLSSID}\n    setwl \$MAC \$SSID\n;;\nesac\nstopservice cron\nstartservice cron\n" > /tmp/nzone; mkdir -p /tmp/etc/config; echo -e "#!/bin/sh\n/tmp/nzone toggle\n" > /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton; chmod +x /tmp/nzone /tmp/etc/config/nzone.sesbutton

was the result, as a startup command. My 3DS isn't noticing anything though, so I'm not entirely sure what's wrong. It also places this
Code:
* * * * * root /tmp/nzone BASE16,GBATEMP
in additional cron jobs.

I've tried running
/tmp/nzone start
but it just places a 1 in additional cron jobs and nothing else seems to happen.

I am able to change the MAC address manually and have my 3DS get streetpasses that way, but I'd really like to get this working. :(

daraenborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody know any good SSID or MAC addresses for Super Smash Bros hits for steetpass? I have been trying NZ@McD1 with MaCycle lately but keep getting everything else except Smash bros on the steetpass side and attwifi doesn't work for on my side anymore since 9.0 update.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Alright, switched to dd-wrt and am still having trouble getting this to work. It seems to run the script just fine. I ran the command and this
was the result, as a startup command. My 3DS isn't noticing anything though, so I'm not entirely sure what's wrong. It also places this
Code:
in additional cron jobs.
I've tried running but it just places a 1 in additional cron jobs and nothing else seems to happen.
I am able to change the MAC address manually and have my 3DS get streetpasses that way, but I'd really like to get this working. :(

If you started with
/tmp/nzone start
that means BASE16 was initially used.
Then changed the cron job to
the downloaded MAC list still contatins the BASE16 malist and will use it until it expires, so you have to wait 30 minutes between MAC changes or and 8 hours for eht BASE16,GBATEMP MAC list. JUst delete /tmp/nzone.macs to force download the new list or reboot the router. After that just leave your 3DS for a while and look for the green light. There is only one possible problam may me with the RT-N16 DD-WRT build number as I know the latest 14xxx and there was a problems with that old build, but with the different chipset routers.

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ANDROID

WARNING: Note all guides work for all devices, I and the tutorial maker are not responsible for any bricks or ponys coming out from your device! Do at your own risk.
If some guide works and it isn't listed please PM ME so I can add it to the list

MacCyclers for Android and Alternative guides
http://gbatemp.net/threads/android-streetpass-riilay-the-homepass-method-on-your-phone.353091/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/android-androidpass-an-alternative-for-the-streetpass-riilay.355752/
http://gbatemp.net/threads/script-android-streetpass-automation-script-for-android.353361/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jworksbr.macspoofer&hl=en

Before beggining some important things:
You only streetpass with the same relay once every 8 hours, however you can change your mac at any time to one of those in the list.
Please try to use the mac's on the spreadsheet.
Don't cycle through all the macs in just 10 min, leave 30 min between mac changing so the next person who connects to you doesnt always get your mii.
Try to enable streetpass on all the games you have to get the best experience.
Also it has been confirmed that the ssid DOES mater so use attwifi ALWAYS.

[h2]Guide 1[/h2]
Thanks to triumph01

Confirmed working on:
  1. Galaxy S (Gt-I9000) with 2.3.6
  2. S2 (GT-I9100) with 4.1.2 (working, check the bottom of the guide)

What do you need:
I. Root
II. Mobile Internet Connection
III. Android Wifi Tether
You can find it here: https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

1. Install: wifi_tether_v3_3-beta2.apk
2. start the app
3. Go to Settings and
3.a) change Device Profile to: Auto
3.b) change Setup-Method to: Auto
3.c) change SSID to: attwifi
3.d) check on Mac Address Spoof
3.e) Change Mac address to one of the list found here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE&toomany=true
3.f) check Wifi-driver reload and Wifi-driver reload 2
4. Go back, tab on the Wifi. Now you have Streetpass relay.

For S2:
1. Wifi tether 3.3-beta2
2. Device-Profile: Samsung Galaxy S2
3. Setup Method: Auto
4. Send Netd Max Client CMD: checked
5. SSID: attwifi
6. Channel: 1
7. Mac Address Spoof: checked
8. Wifi-driver reload: unchecked
9. Wifi-driver reload 2: checked
10. Enable Access-Control: checked
11. MSS clamping: checked
12. Routing-fix: checked
Said by armagn12

[h2]Guide 2[/h2]
by Sunderlol11100

Confirmed working on:
  • Motorola Atrix(MB860) Gingerbread 2.3.6

1) Download Hex Editor. You must root your device to use this app.
2) With HE, go to /pds/wifi/wlan_mac.bin
3) Open and change MAC address
4) Reboot device
5) Share 3G with Hotspot Mobile(default app). SSID= attwifi - Security= Open

Something method for Sony Xperia Go ST27a Android 4.1.2?

mg1189

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both NZ@McD1 and NZ@McD2 returned with the ORAS region warning page.

I'm getting the same result, even though I am in Germany and have a German NNID. A friend told me (I can't confirm it though), that he was able to get a code at the official HotSpot at McDonalds. I might go there later myself to check it.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm getting the same result, even though I am in Germany and have a German NNID. A friend told me (I can't confirm it though), that he was able to get a code at the official HotSpot at McDonalds. I might go there later myself to check it.

I'll be able to check with the native McDonalds MAC only at the evening,

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That's right, getting your code at McDonalds works, but changing your hotspot's name does not. (Haven't done further experiments yet though.)

Then there may be an option to set the MAC of the AP also :)
European PokeFans overloaded servers, zone data not available now for me,

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Absolutely the same goes for me too.
Even with my german NNID, german 3DS and the spoofed MAC of a german McDonald's I just get the german banner "not available in your region" for both SSIDs (McD1 and McD2). When searching for Nintendo Zones nearby, code 013-8805 appears.
I'll quess I have to go to a real McDonalds later that day.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Same here, I just ordered Pokemon Ruby from Amazon.co.uk with a UK address and cancelled it after I got the demo code, now playing it ;)
Never ever played Pokemon before, so wanted to try it for once, too bad 3D is only used at certain parts.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Absolutely the same goes for me too.
Even with my german NNID, german 3DS and the spoofed MAC of a german McDonald's I just get the german banner "not available in your region" for both SSIDs (McD1 and McD2). When searching for Nintendo Zones nearby, code 013-8805 appears.
I'll quess I have to go to a real McDonalds later that day.

If you go to a real McDonalds, please check if the Nintendo Zone router is passworded or not.

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you go to a real McDonalds, please check if the Nintendo Zone router is passworded or not.

The McD AccessPoint from yesterday hasn't a password: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-170#post-5125665

I'll go to another McD. soon (yes I have more than 2 in my town) and will check for the MAC.
A lot people on a german pokemon board mention that a own hotspot never worked, but the real NZ at McD should work fine. So I think, Nintendo changed something to verify the access (maybe IP tracking, I don't know)

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here is a new MAC for your list:
OG3nsLy.png

Got my 2 ORAS codes (one per device), and worked like a charm in a real McDonalds.
So it just doesn't work at home, there is no password protection, and spoofing the MAC doesn't work either.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Here is a new MAC for your list:
Got my 2 ORAS codes (one per device), and worked like a charm in a real McDonalds.
So it just doesn't work at home, there is no password protection, and spoofing the MAC doesn't work either.

Then they might be using a beacon, that's the one we can't spoof.

Rangnarok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Duke,

I seem to have the same problem as segasaturn earlier.

I haven't used your script for a few weeks, but when I tried to turn it on in my router today, it always changed the default Wifi name to "dd-wrt". I read and it turned out you updated the script a bit. I checked the new script, and there is this line

Code:
If objNIC Is Nothing Then
        NetSh "set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[B]"""[/B] & strSSID & """ key=""nintendozone""", True
        Set objNIC = GetVirtualNIC
    End If

Could this be the reason as you forgot to set the default name to attwifi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y