• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
OK NZ@McD1 causes eShop to not work. Said service not available at my location. Probably because I use a US system.
Any other SSID useable?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
OK NZ@McD1 causes eShop to not work. Said service not available at my location. Probably because I use a US system.
Any other SSID useable?

I've checked about a dothen - either no Internet or no Nntendo Zone detected. Didn't check with the password, but as far as we do not have the updated hotspot.conf file of the version9 firmware we should choose what is more important or switch SSID manually.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I've checked about a dothen - either no Internet or no Nntendo Zone detected. Didn't check with the password, but as far as we do not have the updated hotspot.conf file of the version9 firmware we should choose what is more important or switch SSID manually.

Looks like both sec and no-sec won't work with eshop/browser/...
Gonna need another SSID. Will try KPN next.

EDIT: hotspot-gratuit.com is recognized but no nzone. Not sure about streetpass.

EDIT2: Anyone thinking nzone is region locked now?

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone lives close to a Nintendo Zone which will distribute the demo ORAS ? Maybe if we clone the mac/ssid it will work anywhere to get the ORAS demo.

SSID: NZ@McD1
MAC: 00:16:C8:17:8B:12

It's a local McDonald's in Kassel, Germany.

I'll check for the ORAS demo at midnight GMT+1

tGmjGCC.png

Reactions: duke_srg and Koldur

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
SSID: NZ@McD1
MAC: 00:16:C8:17:8B:12

It's a local McDonald's in Kassel, Germany.

I'll check for the ORAS demo at midnight GMT+1

Thanks, also its password protected ? Someone sent me another mac/ssid from a ORAS distribution zone, but it fails to access the nintendo zone (SSID: NintendoSpotPass4 MAC Address: 00:1D:AA:83:CF:F0 Channel: 6), one interesting thing is that the access point has a WPA2 password but the 3ds ignores it, and without password it says that the Nintendo Zone is unavaible.

Edit: cloned that mac/ssid and it connect to the nintendo zone but then it says that 'Could not find the page/Error code 013-8805'

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks, also its password protected ? Someone sent me another mac/ssid from a ORAS distribution zone, but it fails to access the nintendo zone (SSID: NintendoSpotPass4 MAC Address: 00:1D:AA:83:CF:F0 Channel: 6), one interesting thing is that the access point has a WPA2 password but the 3ds ignores it, and without password it says that the Nintendo Zone is unavaible.

3DS just sees the AP and report a NZone, regardless of being able to connect or not.

krisztian1997

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
3DS just sees the AP and report a NZone, regardless of being able to connect or not.

Yes, but when I use NZ@McD2 instead of saying that it cant connect it shows a banner with pokemon ORAS and says that the content is unavailable in my region.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Change your SSID to NZ@McD2 and then open nintendo zone on your 3ds and it will connect to the nintendo server then say that the content is unavaible in my region.

NZ@McD2 must be chacked with the German NNID, al the other options gives the same result as yours.

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
But it says something in german even on my console which is from UK and the system language is english.

I assumed it to be in german because my systemlanguage is german. Strange, it could be for austria or switzerland.
Anyway, I'll check both IDs on Midnight. Only less than 6h to wait!

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm really confused now. I thought attwifi no longer worked at all as a streetpass relay... or am I wrong here? I see everyone switching to NZ@McD1 which is a german zone, but the streetpass relay areas here (like McDonalds) still have attwifi and I fail to get streetpasses from them.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Okay, I'm really confused now. I thought attwifi no longer worked at all as a streetpass relay... or am I wrong here? I see everyone switching to NZ@McD1 which is a german zone, but the streetpass relay areas here (like McDonalds) still have attwifi and I fail to get streetpasses from them.

attwifi are still working as a streetpass relay, but it must not be password protected. But on Windows there are no way to use an unprotected hosted AP, so no attwifi for windows.

pitman-87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, I'm testing both IDs right now and get just a blank page on both.

NZ@McD1 was an Animal Crossing event before and NZ@McD2 was the said unavailable ORAS demo.

Maybe it's just overloaded right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!