Hacking How about a Simple Wii setup?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Update, this is going really slowly :) but it's going.

- Installed Haxchi with 64 GB SD card, I didn't bother with CBHC as I don't see a big problem clicking an icon every time I turn ON.
- MLC NAND backup failed 4 times (got 15 files), then I gave up, as the MLC is optional after all
- For now I don't see too much need for Wii games, so I didn't hack vWii
- Formated 64 GB USB flash and installed some games with USB helper + WUP installer
- 3 additional Wii Remote plus (Compatible Chinese version)

Games that I have:
- Wii Sports Club
- Nintendo Land
- Wii Party U
- Mario Kart 8
- Bomberman (Virtual Console)
- New Super Mario Bros U
- Super Mario 3D World
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Need for Speed - Most Wanted U
- FAST Racing NEO
- Zelda Wind Waker HD
- Color Zen Kids

And now to the problems, syncing Wii Remotes is a pain in the ass, I first got only one, tried several times nothing, restarted the console, without running CFW I then managed to sync. Tried Bowling and Golf all good. Using it as a mouse is highly sensitive, tried to setting it in configuration still not much different. Then I tried Mario Kart and it was constantly nagging about pressing the A button on controller and I didn't like the motion controls. Yesterday I got two more additional remotes, will see if it's any different, but sadly they look exactly the same as the first one.

Visually the remotes are the same as this, I just bought it in the local shop. What is normal and what is not? I placed IR senzor on top of the TV and also configured it that way. How about the range, I have Wii U behind the 10 cm corner wall (YTONG). I know, must test some more, but It's taking time.
I can tell you've been busy! Is the sensor IR bar the official nintendo one? Having the wii u behind the wall might interfer a lot. For the sensitivity of the wiimotes you need to consider the room. Like is there a window in front of the tv? This changes a lot.

qris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible to use a SD card instead of a usual external usb drive for games (slot2 as I've understood)? And a separate one for Haxchi? Would a 16GB card for Haxchi suffice? I would then first dump the NAND to a larger card for backup and then use the 16GB one only for Haxchi. As I've understood the hacking guides the easiest (and only?) option for running wii U games, gamecube and wiivc is to use an external drive?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to use a SD card instead of a usual external usb drive for games (slot2 as I've understood)? And a separate one for Haxchi? Would a 16GB card for Haxchi suffice? I would then first dump the NAND to a larger card for backup and then use the 16GB one only for Haxchi. As I've understood the hacking guides the easiest (and only?) option for running wii U games, gamecube and wiivc is to use an external drive?
You can load mocha with fat32 support. Means, you can install games on sd...somehow.

brandon916

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know Loadiine, I don't use it anymore (too much bug).

Everything is on my external hard drive (wii, wii u and gamecube games).

It is clear to him either vwii or Wii U mode, and it is up to him to choose.

Sincerely Jeannotte.
I agree with you. Inject them all to the hard drive. I just found out about swap drc and it's a game changer. I can now play almost all wii n wii u games without having to turn on my TV. I can now boot up my injected Mario galaxy from my Gamepad, swap screen and play with my wii + nunchuck controller all using only the Gamepad. That goes for splatoon as well.

Only thing left are not being able to inject emulators to the home screen. I'm ok w that since I rather use my vita/3ds/snes classic for those instead.

Reactions: jeannotte

GasperG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Next up is Retroarch, I owned GameBoy with Tetris, Mario Land, Golf, NBA and F1-Race It' so cool to play again those old games from my childhood :)

Question, Is there any way to emulate two GameBoys connected with link cable?

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Next up is Retroarch, I owned GameBoy with Tetris, Mario Land, Golf, NBA and F1-Race It' so cool to play again those old games from my childhood :)

Question, Is there any way to emulate two GameBoys connected with link cable?
There's apparently one for Wii but it will only display it on the TV screen. I've never tried it and I can't find it's name right now. Another option would be to use netplay with retroarch, which I believe works with the gb emulators (never tried it myself). So you could connect pc to tv and run a gb emulator with retroarch and have netplay with the wiiu displaying on the gamepad. I believe this should be possible but I have never tried it. Not sure retroarch on wiiu even supports displaying on the gamepad right now.

GasperG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I did manage to run two player game with SameBoy Core, a little tricky to set up and both screens are squeezed into same aspect ratio as one game, but can be stretched on the TV with TV controls. Game pad shows the same picture as TV, but didn't find a way to stretch.

Screenshot in the link B-)

Attachments

• Tetris (World) (Rev A)-200115-224422.png
    Tetris (World) (Rev A)-200115-224422.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by GasperG,
Reactions: jeannotte and Zense

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1