Homebrew [Growing] Current save editors for use in SVDT/SDM

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not technically a save editor, but this kind of should get at least a mention in the OP; https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-mii-modifier-computer-utility.396653/
Yeah, I saw that, and it's a pretty cool tool (ha...rhyme). But I think this thread is gonna focus more on the save-editing on the 3DS games.
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D save editor??? I would be grateful!!!
In time, my friend...I hope. I'm pretty sure somebody will get around to check out that game.

DaBlackDeath

.::[ lone wolf ]::.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dosen't take much to make one i was working on the same save editors but literally 2 minutes before i post mine he posts his.
This is why I canceled my my MarioKart Editor, because you said you are working on one already. Every time I post something you sounds disappointed. You know there are two editors for MH4U, SSB4 or even ACNL, so you could post your editors also. As I said, I am not a pro-programmer and do it just for fun. But I don't want to make you cry and canceled some editors I was working on. So, I'm sorry if I am the reason you don't post anything. I just wanted to help.

P.S. I know my english isn't the best, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
This is why I canceled my my MarioKart Editor, because you said you are working on one already. Every time I post something you sounds disappointed. You know there are two editors for MH4U, SSB4 or even ACNL, so you could post your editors also. As I said, I am not a pro-programmer and do it just for fun. But I don't want to make you cry and canceled some editors I was working on. So, I'm sorry if I am the reason you don't post anything. I just wanted to help.

P.S. I know my english isn't the best, but I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
It's fine if you want to post yours im not upset im just shocked that the timing is so close

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States

You should continue the work on your Mario Kart 7 save editor, then all the games I have will have save editors for them, lol

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

You really should continue your work. There really is no reason why there shouldn't be different editors for the same game. As you said, you make the editor for fun; so go for it. ;)

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on Pc ^0^ ok uh need help acnl editor does not work did editing saved and downloaded replaced the file in the card went into the editor on 3ds and loaded up acnl pushed b it did its glitch thing and when I rebooted it and went into game it failed to work

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Back on Pc ^0^ ok uh need help acnl editor does not work did editing saved and downloaded replaced the file in the card went into the editor on 3ds and loaded up acnl pushed b it did its glitch thing and when I rebooted it and went into game it failed to work
Well, beforehand, I haven't tried the editor myself, so I'm just try going for a good guess.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "failed to work", but I'm pretty sure that's either your game loads up normally without any edits, or you got something like a corrupted save.
If the game booted up without any changes you made in the editor, my best suggestion is to make sure that when dumping and injecting your save file, no file is in the folder even if there are files from a different game. When putting an edited file in the folder, I always delete the old file then place the new file, instead of doing a regular overwrite. I believe that any file that is not part of the game you want to inject would interfere the process.
If your game says that "the save file is corrupted", it's probably the secure value being different. This is basically a randomly generated number that randomizes every time you save the game. If your edited save file has a different secure value, then the game rejects it. You would avoid this by simply editing the most recent save file made by the game, but there can be exceptions. Hopefully, you have a backup of your unedited save file. You can use a special tool (which is in the post btw) that can change the secure value to the correct one with that tool. If you don't have a backup, perhaps making a new game, saving it, then getting that secure value can also do the trick.
Again, this is all a hunch; but hopefully I said the right answer.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get no edit I import garden. dat and then save and plop that file in sd card ... Be patient with me I am a slow learner and all his is new but I recently started over with ACNL so this tool would be of help ..

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay. So, in that case, make sure you have no files in the saveDataBackup folder when obtaining the save file from the game and when importing an edited save file to the game.
This kind of thing happened to me before, and this was the solution. Hopefully it will be the same solution for this problem.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am importing through the save file manager that was released recently i get no text i just push b to put save in

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i remove the garden one and put new one in ... i dont remove the rest am i supposed too?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe that you should delete every file that's in the folder that has nothing to do with the game you're trying to import, so you should probably remove them.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon rumble fails to work as well -_- seems my hope for homebrew is sadly going downhill I had my friend interested till both these dang editors failed to work the only one that works is fantasylife and that cause the person was smart and made a exclusive exporter that actually works! pokemon rumble world which is the other file in that folder that I was trying to try does not work netehr doe acnl and I have tried both and my luck the dumb thing cant edit trees and flowers which is what i was trying to do -_- spent 4 hours getting these 3 in to work and only one works the other 2 fail bad ....maybe im doing it wrong then why is there features to change pokemon huh ? all I did was change pokemon gave it a gutsy trait then upped my money to 2500 and diamonds to 100 fail the other all i did was remove trees and flowers! UGH

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pokemon rumble fails to work as well -_- seems my hope for homebrew is sadly going downhill I had my friend interested till both these dang editors failed to work the only one that works is fantasylife and that cause the person was smart and made a exclusive exporter that actually works! pokemon rumble world which is the other file in that folder that I was trying to try does not work netehr doe acnl and I have tried both and my luck the dumb thing cant edit trees and flowers which is what i was trying to do -_- spent 4 hours getting these 3 in to work and only one works the other 2 fail bad ....maybe im doing it wrong then why is there features to change pokemon huh ? all I did was change pokemon gave it a gutsy trait then upped my money to 2500 and diamonds to 100 fail the other all i did was remove trees and flowers! UGH
Easy there. It gets a lil' frustrating at first, but moving at a nice steady pace should be a good way to find out what's wrong. If it makes you feel better, I corrupted my Rumble World save file; so I had to start from scratch (didn't had much progress done, so that's a good thing). I decided to try again, use the antisavegame tool that I found (in the post btw), and I managed to salvage my old save back in the game.
Maybe if you give me a detailed step-by-step process on how you did it, maybe I can find out what went wrong.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since some things are scattered around, I guess it would be nice to link 'em all together in a single place, so hopefully I'll be active enough to keep updating this. :P

SDM (or Save Data Manager) and SVDT (Save Data Exporter/Manager) are essentially two different 3DS homebrew utilities that allows you to export (or "dump") any game's save data. Plus, we can restore/inject save data back into the 3DS without problems (there can be a few cases where there's a bit of technicalities involved). This allows the possibility to manipulate the save files in many different ways, such as infinite lives or collectibles; and later put that in the game.

Before moving on to the main event of save editing and stuff, here are some essential utilities that you'll find useful in your 3DS Homebrew journey:
  • Save Data Manager by profi200 (post by LinkMain111). Simple tool for the 3DS to export save data. Duh...
  • SVDT by meladroit. Same function as SDM, but a bit more versatile. Haven't tried it out, so I can't give an opinion :P
  • Antisavegame Restore/Secure Value Updater + Rumble World Secure Value Updater by suloku. Useful computer utility that helps update the secure value of some games to avoid corruption/save rejection. It also has an extra tool for updating PKM Rumble World's secure value, due to its compressed file structure. (Tool currently supports: Smash 3DS, Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle/Rumble World, AC:NL)
  • Simplok for the Homebrew Launcher by link6155. An "icon pack" for the launcher, which changes the icons for various homebrew apps to clean, simple, cool-looking icons.
  • The SMDH Creator by link6155 (Source code by GEMISIS). A forked version of the original "SMDH Creator" by GEMESIS. This editor has much more simplistic, user-friendly UI that allows you to make icons for your Homebrew apps with ease. If you're a Homebrew app creator, this will definitely help you out!
  • Homebrew Launcher with Sorting and Folder Support by suloku. If you're one of those guys that prefers an alphabetical order or folders in your homebrew menu, then this one's for you guys! ;)
Now, without further ado, I present the editors:
  • PKHeX by Kaphotics. Extremely useful tool that can edit almost anything you want in Pokemon XY/ORAS.
  • Super Smash Bros. Save Editor by RandomUser. A simple save editor that allows you to unlock all characters (not DLC characters, of course), trophies, custom moves, stages, headgear, outfits, and powers; as well as edit Smash Run power slots & a few statistics.
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf Editor by marc_max. Special online editor that can edit your savefile by uploading it, editing it on the browser, and later downloading the new edited file.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising Save Editor by szymbar15. Editor that can unlock achievements and trophies, as well as change a few stats. Weapon editing is not available in this editor, due to the creator's choice; but you can edit weapons if you want (look below).
  • Pokemon Rumble World Diamonds/P Tool by SciresM. This editor allows changing the number of Diamonds and P you have, as well as change your rank and your toy Pokemon's characteristics.
  • Pokemon Shuffle Save Editor by SciresM. Another editor made by SciresM. Change the number of your usable items, caught Pokemon, stage scores, and more.
  • Super Mario 3D Land Save Editor by DaBlackDeath. A simple editor that can edit the lives & Star Coins values for each of the 3 files available in the game.
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 Save Editor [WIP] by TheToxicRyu. This work-in-progress editor currently only allows changing the coin and lives value; but it will later have more features, as well as a level editor in the future!
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 Save Editor by DaBlackDeath. Made for his neice, this editor is also made for NSMB2. This is probably a similar editor to the one above, but this allows changing the Star Coin value!
  • Sonic Lost World Save Editor by DaBlackDeath. Another simple editor from DaBlackDeath. Can edit the value of lives and materials. Told ya it was simple.
  • Fantasy Life Save Editor/Viewer by mvmiranda. A powerful editor that can edit many values in the game, including character's name, pets' names, XP, bliss, etc.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Save Editor by didix16. An online editor made specifically for MH4U. I haven't tried it, so I can't tell how good it is.
  • Another MH4U Save Editor by APM. If you don't want to use an online editor, this one can get the job done.
  • Bravely Default Village Save Editor by Oswarlan. A save editor that can edit your village's population and building level.
  • Rune Factory 4 Save Editor by seikur0. This editor has a good amount of options to choose and edit from. I'm not sure if this is compatible with SDM/SVDT, since it requires .sav files. It does work with SDM/SVDT. Thanks, adiktus!
The following are not posts to save editors, but they have information on a game's save data structure. You can use any hex editor to do your changes. Be careful when doing changes with a hex editor, and ALWAYS backup your saves!
If you're interested in the changes I made to the list (which aren't gonna be many of you), here's a nice changelog:

Sept. 6, 2015. This thread was born. Added the initial stuff.
Sept. 7, 2015. Cleaned the post's structure a bit. Added Simplok, SMDH Creator, and AC:NL Editor, as well as confirm Rune Factory 4 Editor is functional with SDM/SVDT. I also added pointless text at the end of the post. :P
Sept. 8, 2015. The 3DS Homebrew scene never rests! Changed "SMDH Creator" by GEMISIS to "The SMDH Creator" by link6155. Added Super Mario 3D Land Editor & NSMB2 Editor (both by DaBlackDeath), as well as added save structures for Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, Pokemon Dream Radar, & Dragon Quest Monsters.
Sept. 9, 2015. Dang! You guys work fast! Added essential tool: Homebrew Launcher with sorting and folder support. Added Sonic Lost World Save Editor. Added Special Thanks, 'cause why not?

Special thanks to:
Smealum for giving the possibility of homebrew for 3DS 9.2+. I'm seriously grateful for it.
All save editor creators above for putting their work into a program we can use instead of us doing some crazy hex editing stuff.
All save-data investigators for releasing info on a game's save structure. This helped some people when an editor wasn't available.
All other programmers who were involved for releasing useful tools that helped us enjoy our homebrew/save editing to the max.
All you guys reading for taking your time in looking at this odd post.

If I miss anything, put a wrong link, or you just wanna go on and say all the typos I've done, don't hesitate and feel free to tell me, and I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.

See ya. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna play some Smash with Kirby. ;)
https://github.com/kwsch/NLSE/releases acnl editor download

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol