Nintendogs Save Mapping (WIP)

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by drfsupercenter, Jun 22, 2015.

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Hey guys,

I'm back with another save data mapping thread.

Using SaveDataFiler to get decrypted save data from Nintendogs+Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends (USA), I have found the following hex offsets for storing raw material quantities.

I won't bother with the normal items that you can buy, because Powersaves already lets you hack your save to have 99,999 cash, and you can just buy them. However, the raw materials you can normally only find via walks, and they take forever and are super obnoxious, hence why I focused on those. You can visit Mr. Recycle to turn them into stuff you can't get otherwise (like the sought-after Robo-Dog)

Note that the quantities max out at 99. Setting it any higher than 63 (hex for 99) will probably show as corrupted or just cause it to act strange.

sysdata.dat is the name of the decrypted save file.
    Quantity of wood: 0x127
    Quantity of metal: 0x128
    Quantity of rubber: 0x129
    Quantity of leather: 0x12A
    Quantity of plastic: 0x12B
    Quantity of stardust: 0x12C

So it would appear that the items are basically stacked one byte after another. I don't know the order of the rest, nor do I want to waste the time to find out, but hopefully this helps someone out. I would assume this will work for the other two Nintendogs+Cats versions too, but don't quote me on that as I haven't tested it.

Hope this helps people! If Datel wants to use my data to add the stuff to Powersaves, I wouldn't object to that either.

2. Kadaz83

Kadaz83 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2015
    Indonesia
    hi, i try using savedatafiler and edit the sys.dat
    when i change and try to load..it said corrupt file..T_T

3. Tsuunho_san

Tsuunho_san Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    Hello!! It could be possible to add some expensive hex offsets? like the crown? I haven't got powersave and it would be awesome!!

4. Trylk248

Trylk248 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Canada
    Has anyone tried to modify the values yet?

5. Tsuunho_san

Tsuunho_san Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2016
    yep, and it works fine!

6. Trylk248

Trylk248 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2012
    Canada
    Nice

7. HugaTheFox

HugaTheFox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Wow, I did this on a Nintendogs JPN French Bulldog (imported into NIntendogs USA Golden Retriever) I dog 99 Cat wand (Pink blue and green) Feather and mouse lol.