ROM Hack Tomodachi Life Save Layout - WIP

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to mess around with SaveDataFiler to see if I could figure anything out. I am starting with the "special foods" as they're a PITA to obtain normally, even using HomePass it will take forever and I still don't have them all.

I've only found a few so far, as what I do is this:

Open up the game, check how many of an item I have. Save game. Open SDF and export save to SD. Open Tomodachi Life again, feed one of the foods to a Mii, save game. Open SDF and export save to SD.

I then open both files in a hex editor and compare. If, say, I started with 2 and ended with 1, I look for 02 -> 01.

Here are the specific locations of a few items so far, I will be doing more in due time as I get the chance to do so.

Alligator Fritters: Offset 19FB
Aloha Musubi: Offset 19FF
Baguette: Offset 19EB
Baklava:
Barbeque Ribs:
Brioche:
California Roll:
Cannoli:
Chicken Tikka Masala:
Chili Con Carne:
Chili Dog:
Chorizo:
Churros:
Cioppino:
Corn Bread:
Country-Fried Steak:
Couscous:
Crab Cakes:
Crawfish:
Crème Brûlée:
Crumpet:
Enchiladas:
Exotic Cuisine: Offset 19E2
Falafel: Offset 1A0C

Other foods you can normally only get via special means
Ruined Meal: Offset 187A
Moldy Bread: Offset 17F8
Banana Peel: Offset 1825
Birthday Cake: Offset 1848
Spoiled Milk: Offset 1801

Mii items:
Age-O-Matic: Offset 18FF
AR Camera: Offset 18FB
Bath Set: Offset 18F5
Cold Medicine: Offset 18F2
Disposable Camera: Offset 18F3
Fan: Offset 18F6
Frying Pan: Offset 18F8
Hair-Color Spray: Offset 18FE
Hypnotizer: Offset 18F7
Kaleidoscope: Offset 18FA
Kid-O-Matic: Offset 1901
Mobile: Offset 18F9
Music Box: Offset 18F0
Sewing Machine: Offset 18FD
Slide Puzzle: Offset 18FC
Stomach Medicine: Offset 18F1
Swing: Offset 1900
Travel Ticket: Offset 18F4

This is specifically for the savedataArc.txt file that SDF gives. Note that I have not tried changing 0 to a positive number, only 1, 2, 3 etc to 99. Doing 100 or more will likely cause problems if not cause the save to show as corrupted, as they normally max out at 99. But in each case, I changed the value at 0xWhatever to 63 (hex for 99) and verified that it does work.

If anyone else wants to help, I would greatly appreciate it. This can get done a whole lot faster with lots of us working on it! Now that rxTools with signature patches is out, you can easily load up rxMode if you have a retail card as well. (Use that to run SDF, installed via a Gateway or some other thing)

Last edited by drfsupercenter,
Reactions: valentinvanelslande

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
sadly i dont know how to help in this but i'm happy that somebody opened a thread about this, i hope we can come up with something, i have like x99 of medicine, and its horrible, i'd like a way to max the amount of the other items like camera, or the sewing machine.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
sadly i dont know how to help in this but i'm happy that somebody opened a thread about this, i hope we can come up with something, i have like x99 of medicine, and its horrible, i'd like a way to max the amount of the other items like camera, or the sewing machine.
Honestly it's not terribly difficult, right now it's just faffing about with a hex editor trying to find the structure and values in the save file.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, basically that.

If you have a hackable 3DS and can install SaveDataFiler (I used my Gateway but you can use Pasta or whatever now), you basically just dump the save first, then use up one of your items, save the game and dump the save again, leaving nothing else changed.

If you want to do that and leave the hex editing to me, you could just dump a bunch of saves for me and upload the files in a .zip, it would still save me a ton of time, and I'm super busy these next few weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1