ROM Hack MHX Save Editing

Bigwigg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone found the game ID for MHG (not MHX)? The ID in the OP for homebrew users on extradatatool doesn't work with MHG.

Edit: ID is 00001870, make sure you change it, but when I try to import the edited save file I'm getting an error =/

I'll update this post if I figure it out. Wish I had more information on the formatting of the extradatatool config. I feel like the answer lies there.

Edit2: Maybe I just didn't understand which file I was supposed to edit, but I removed the "2" from the end of the file name in the import, edited the file which was placed in the extradatatool folder, and it imported just fine. Hopefully I helped somebody out.

Last edited by Bigwigg,

Krustenkäse

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this work with mh gen? if yes what i had to download of the varius file?
Yes works. Edited my MHGen file already.

I exported it with JKSM. Copied it on my PC. Edited it. replaced the Edited file with the file on my 3ds i previously exported. Then i import it with JKSM... Voila. I got the problem that messing with the palicos could fuck up the file. So always backup. and dont play around too much with it.

For the items a little tip. On the first site of this thread theres a .txt file with the Item ID's. You can import them with the APM Editor and get all the items.
As soon as you're 3Star quest you can buy the Packing Guide and you will get 12 Item Box Pages instead of 10.
Also use the option to 99X all items.

Eggman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes works. Edited my MHGen file already.

I exported it with JKSM. Copied it on my PC. Edited it. replaced the Edited file with the file on my 3ds i previously exported. Then i import it with JKSM... Voila. I got the problem that messing with the palicos could fuck up the file. So always backup. and dont play around too much with it.

For the items a little tip. On the first site of this thread theres a .txt file with the Item ID's. You can import them with the APM Editor and get all the items.
As soon as you're 3Star quest you can buy the Packing Guide and you will get 12 Item Box Pages instead of 10.
Also use the option to 99X all items.
MHGen save export with JKSM and fails, solution? Thank you

Tyloras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I install the needed tools on my DS, and do this hack... am I still able to play with people who don't have the tools / haven't hacked?
The only reason I want to do this is to help my group get past some certain, problem causing monsters, and then go back to playing legitimately. I only have one DS, so I don't want to do this if it stops me playing with my friends.

Kibido

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I install the needed tools on my DS, and do this hack... am I still able to play with people who don't have the tools / haven't hacked?
The only reason I want to do this is to help my group get past some certain, problem causing monsters, and then go back to playing legitimately. I only have one DS, so I don't want to do this if it stops me playing with my friends.

Of course. This does nothing that could block you from playing with your friends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi