OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
So I got my wii on Thursday, a friend came back from a week in the States and managed to pick me me up one at BestBuy, along with Wii Play, Zelda and Warioware I've got some nice surprises (and disappointments) from the console so to sum it up:
- Console came with the new remote jacket, stated on the box along with all other contents, already wrapped around the remote
- It appears Wii Sports had been updated to "include" the jacket, in game images of the remotes had been edited to include it and between-game tips remind you to play with the jacket on...
- New jacket is surprisingly good, the remote has a nice grip and the added padding gives less worries of smashing it against furniture (or other people)
- There also appears to be a new strap clip, the new one has a small latch that can lock it into position, nice when playing alone but adds that extra prep-second when moving it between people, still prefer it over the simpler strap.
- My copy of Wii Play came with a remote but without the new jacket, I'm pretty sure it's because it was from old stock but I was itsy-bitsy disappointed...
- Since I live outside the US where voltage is different, I had to get a thirs-party multi-voltage adapter, the one at dealextreme works just well...
- ...However the dealextreme component cable didn't work. I got the of these ~$5 cables and my TV or receiver refuse to accept the video signal, and I'm only able to achieve audio, I'm using the supplied composite cable for the time being. Being the paranoid that I am I checked the manual only to see the warning "The Wii console will not work with any AV cable other than the model supplied with your Wii system or the component cable listed below". I'm pretty sure that this is some Nintendo BS but I'm still afraid it's either my broken console unable to output component or Nintendo somehow blocking unofficial cables. It's probably just a faulty cable but I'll keep wearing my tin-foil hat in the meantime.
- Haven't opened it yet but I'm pretty sure there's a D2C inside, seeing that's probably an October-batch wii, so no modchip... yet...

On a side note, any US residents here nice enought to have Nintendo mail them my extra Wii Remote jackets and mail it to me (Israel)? I'll be willing to pay any shipping costs...
wink.gif

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hazak on getting your wii! Try getting girls to play wii boxing - You will realize the POWER this console has!
PS : The best part is when snotty bitches tell you their shitty consoles are better than yours
smile.gif

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
don't mean to sound like a dick....but you poor guy, It'll be fun for a few weeks, then you'll realise that all the releases are a joke and that you should have brought a 360 n flashed it....Thats what i did and my wii is somewhere in a pile of clothes in my room.

ZeminkoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
don't mean to sound like a dick....but you poor guy, It'll be fun for a few weeks, then you'll realise that all the releases are a joke and that you should have brought a 360 n flashed it....Thats what i did and my wii is somewhere in a pile of clothes in my room.
This is unfortunately the somewhat sad truth. The games that are good are proper gems and must-haves, but an overwhelming flood of gimmicky mini-game crap composes most of the Wii scene.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country

HArk! I hear the sound of the lesser spotted, drisgruntled Wii owner....

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
lol, i am disgruntled...i mean i brought my wii expecting good things but its been a nothing but a steady stream of piss poor laughable games.

I brought a 360 and havent ever looked back, microsoft hit the nail on the head with that console and mainly because of 2 things...xbox live and gr8 exclusives.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
There are quite a few disgruntled Wii owners. Personally I love my Wii, it just has no games (well, it has more than the PS3, but that's not saying much). Thing is though, the games are coming. So far there have really only been a handful. Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, WarioWare, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Zack and Wiki, Resident Evil 4, and a few others. The rest are all poor PS2 ports with tacked on motion controls. But the games are coming, oh yes, they are coming. Developers are finally starting to get their stuff together and soon we have Super Mario Galaxy, NiGHTS 2, Okami (sure it's a PS2 port, but it's supposedly a damn fine game), Super Smash Bros.: Brawl, No More Heroes, Mario Kart: Wii, and many more. So yes, right now many of our Wiis may be collecting dust, but within the next year we should be getting a fair amount of use outta' them.
wink.gif

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol, i am disgruntled...i mean i brought my wii expecting good things but its been a nothing but a steady stream of piss poor laughable games.

I brought a 360 and havent ever looked back, microsoft hit the nail on the head with that console and mainly because of 2 things...xbox live and gr8 exclusives.

same situation as this guy. 360 FTW!!!!!! (buy all systems at costco, you can return it whenever the hell you want to(buy now, return in the year 2121)

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I'm not debating that the 360 is excellent (only thing that I don't like its the sub fee for Live)

Don't give up on your wii just yet, there will be plenty of good games down the line, remember what the DS was like when it first came out! Ok my wii doesn't get as much as I'd like, but i've had plenty of fun for the money.

Scarface - yes it was a ps2 port, but it ran better than xbox and the controls made it tonnes better, shooting from the car is ace! It's not as open (with what you can do) as GTA but its still a good game, and its scarface!

Mario Strikers - Great online, great with friends. It has hidden depth and tactics.

PaperMario - Hasn't gripped me as much as thousand yr door, but its still good.

BarnYard - Bovine GTA, great for kids my lad loves it (again crap port but controls make it a tiny bit better)

Meet the Robinsons - If you can get on with teh camera, its a zelda for kids.

Zelda TP - ok its GC game, yes it didn't hold me as it should of done. wait till the next one.

Ok the Wii isn't as strong as it should be, but its selling like hot cakes (now the over taken 360 so I've read) Developers will notice and the games and their development process will get better. Yeah it gets to many ps2 ports (but no-one bitched when the ps2 got a down textured version on resi4) beside if the games good then I don't care where its ported from.

Give it a chance and you'll be picking up your wiimote soon

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
i dont see why people moan about the fee for xbl. i mean its only 40 a year, which is nothing if you think about, if you afford 8p a day then you shouldnt own a 360 anyways. the 360 has some buff games coming too.

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
For most people its the fact that you already pay around £15-20 for net access and whatever your line rental is (£12) and then £40 just to play some games, some of which you can play for free on a decent PC anyway.

D

Deleted User

The games that are out right now are just mediocre. I'm looking forward to super smash brawl ... battalion wars ... guitar hero 3 ... mario sonic olympics ... galaxy ... umbrella chronicles. There are actually many games to look forward to before christmas hits.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...whine...whine... if you can't find anything good for your Wii so far, then you have very odd or narrow tastes...but likely you just hadn't bothered looking hard enough (especially if you consider what's popping up by Christmas.)

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
...whine...whine... if you can't find anything good for your Wii so far, then you have very odd or narrow tastes...but likely you just hadn't bothered looking hard enough (especially if you consider what's popping up by Christmas.)

Well many of those things aren't out. You can't fault the people unhappy with their current Wii lineup for not being in the future.
laugh.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Congrats on getting a Wii!

Only problem is they get very boring after a while. Once you've finished Zelda, Metroid and a few others you'll get sick of wii sports too.

Lucky we have a few good games coming out over the next 6 months. Mario galaxy looks absolutely amazing! Smash bros is guaranteed awesome

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs