PS1/2 Get a brand new PS3 for £230 (if you're lucky)

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Argos yesterday mispriced their offer for a PS3 with Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and "Mega Accessory Pack" for £229.97 instead of £300, with the adverts being shown in "The Daily Mirror" newspaper. According to this thread some people are managing to get it today even. Apparently some who have been refused have even tried shops such as Currys and Gamestation who price match and were able to get it from there (minus the "Mega Accessory Pack" which is exclusive to Argos).

So if you want to try your luck I suggest you get a copy of the ad (be it through printing the scan provided below or actually getting a copy of the newspaper) and read that thread before it's definately too late.

img002dh1.jpg

PS36.JPG

2njdjza.jpg

PS34.JPG

PS35.JPG

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf.gif
'FO SHIZZZLE?!?!?! O_O

Damn...now to convince my dad if we could buy em and sell em for profit!!

dice

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
R2DJ said:
Which paper?

QUOTE(dice @ Nov 7 2008, 02:52 PM) Argos yesterday mispriced their offer for a PS3 with Little Big Planet, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and "Mega Accessory Pack" for £229.97 instead of £300, with the adverts being shown in "The Mirror" newspaper. According to this thread some people are managing to get it today even. Apparently some who have been refused have even tried shops such as Currys and Gamestation who price match and were able to get it from there (minus the "Mega Accessory Pack" which is exclusive to Argos).

* I meant "The Daily Mirror" but then you should have already know that
tongue.gif

The ad from the paper was scanned with the image provided in the spoiler tag.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
haha, if this happened in the US, they would HAVE to sell it to you at that price, unless they had a little note on the door that says it was a misprint...

but the price checking thing is awesome, I know a few stores here in the US that do that... and if WalMart was outpriced, they'd pretty much give the thing away so you didn't go yelling to the press...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Aww my mum wouldn't agree. She would stick with the 360 for Xmas than buying it now. Guess I'll have to continue earning up...

dice

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
why not get the ps3 now and save up for the 360 instead? You'd be saving money...

Anyway as I said the likelihood of getting it now is probably very slim (unless you try that price match thing).

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
PCWorld/Currys/Gamestation all do pricematch.

PCW/Currys give you an extra 10% of the difference too.

£230 isn't that great of a price, but certainly better than paying full retail RRP.

I just wish tesco still gave free items if they mispriced - I got myself a free 360 from that (and lots of other electrical stuff).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh I feel really bad when things like this happen. It is *so* easy to make a mistake like that; think how many times you make a typo, it takes less than a second to press a key, one key off and utter hell breaks loose. I'd hate to be the person who wrote that ad right now
frown.gif

But congrats to anyone who got one for that price
wink.gif
That's a sweet deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol