Hacking is dragon quest x incompatible with GX loader?

blueagent004

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i managed to unbrick my wii a little while ago so i decided to finally order the wii version of dragon quest x.

the game apparently has a offline campaign of atleast 20 hours, where you get to play as the sibling of the main character who died in the prologue and got sent to the reincarnation altar of the online world. after that you get to continue playing offline as the main character's sibling who is sent 1000 years into the past and he meets an old alchemist and his bed-ridden daughter who helps him with his quests. it takes roughly 5 hours to reach the first boss in the game, and there are atleast 4 bosses in the game, before you get to the ending, as seen here:

i was really happy when i found out about the 20 hour campaign story, but then i saw the old 2012 thread here about DQX and one of the requirements listed for playing that game was that a japan region wii console is required.

unfortunately i do not have a japan region wii, mine is infact a PAL region wii console.so does this mean i'm out of luck?

i have a 2007 model wii, i remember seeing an old thread here where it mentioned that older model wiis can be region changed. so if i do that, will the hardcopy disc version of Dragon quest X work?

the 2012 thread also mentioned that it doesn't work with GX loader, while someone quoted a source that a person has gotten it working. so in the event that i'm not able to region change my wii, does this mean i won't be able to rip my disc and use it with GX loader?

i assume region changing the console would also unlock the region lock on the DVD drive, but if region changing doesn't work then GX loader is definitely the only way to rip the game disc and then load it.

i honestly prefer using GX loader to rip the retail disc and then playing it, than to use ANY-Region-Changer to change my wii region, since i semi-bricked my wii awhile ago whist trying to install portablizemii. i'll probably brick my wii again if i try to region change it, so i was hoping there is a way to get this working with GX loader.

as for the usb drive for DQX's installation, i already have a compatible TOHISBA usb drive listed in the compatibility list on the wii version of dragon quest x's website.

please let me know if its possible to get a hardcopy of the game to work with my wii, thank you so very much foor your help!

Last edited by blueagent004,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

I want to "hook up" on this Question.
Maybe someone can help and know if it works with any USBLoader.
I tried it on a PAL Wii 4.3E.

- USBLoader GX loads and after 10-12 Seconds it sends me back to the Loader and/or Homebrew Channel..
@Cyan you mentioned in an Thread it is NOT compatible,that was about 2 Years ago.Has maybe anything changed ?
EDIT: Excuse me,I have overread that the Game requires IOS59 (there is no cIOS59).So still no Solution,I think.:)

- Configurable USBLoader makes a full Reset.

- WiiFlow loads (Progress Bar gets complete) and then also a Reset.
@fledge68 , @Tetsuo Shima @blackb0x @RunningSnakes do you have maybe any Ideas please ?
Or is it also not compatible ?

And by the Way,it is the "All in One Package" Version.

EDIT 2: After more Reading I think I understand it.Only the Disc Version works because of the needed IOS59.When the Retail Disc is loaded,it installs this IOS(es) automatically.
So,unfortunately there is no Way to work with any USBLoader.:)

Thank you for your Help,fellow Community.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

BillyBlaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How about trying EMunand/Neek with a Japanese NAND?

EDIT: Yeah I read the other post now.. The game has to be installed to a HDD as well... Then I am guessing neek with a dedicated drive? :P

Last edited by BillyBlaze,
Reactions: jeannotte

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
neek should work.
I remember some users managed to play that game, but not with conventional USBloader methods. I never tried to get more info as it was only for one game, and not a one I'd play.

Plus, as being a MMORPG, I'm pretty sure it requires subscription, so you won't be able to play that much if you don't have an account.

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never tried this game and honestly never heard of it:huh: until now. Looking, i dont think it got a retail (disc) release? It is a WiiWare title? And please can you share the file size of this game. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have never tried this game and honestly never heard of it:huh: until now. Looking, i dont think it got a retail (disc) release? It is a WiiWare title? And please can you share the file size of this game. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.
You have never heard of the 10th game in one of the biggest game series ever thats weird. Anyhoo it most definitely was a retail disc and the file size was 4.3 GB which then had to be installed to a USB drive of 8GB or higher.

71GKdmkrjZL._SY500_.jpg

Last edited by AmandaRose,

RunningSnakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1U NTSC
WFL resets using cIOS[38]
WFL resets using cIOS[38+37]
WFL using Auto, 56, 57, 58 all complete progress bar, then boots up. It is not safety screen, but Japanese text I can only assume is explaining you need IOS59. I was using AIO for this also

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

A small Update:

I have tried the Version 2 /All in One Package Disc 1 and Version 3 (One Disc Version) on the chipped PAL Wii (d2pro).

P1370011.JPG P1370012.JPG

The Disc is recognized,it starts but stays on a Black Screen/NO Drive Reading Noises and with a de-synced Wii Motion Controller.

@Cyan Do you "know" the IOS59 (World v9249) ?
When it is installed,the Disc boots and it "do something" (Drive reading Noises) but the Screen stays also black with
a de-synced Wii Motion Controller.

Setting the Priiloader (v0.9 beta v3) to "IOS to use for SM" -> IOS 59 gives this Error Message:

"Error autobooting systemmenu !
ES_DiVerfiy failed! Is the IOS patched ? IOSv59

Thank you.:)

EDIT: Maybe a Region Change helps ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know a lot about IOS59, just that it is used by DQX to access and encrypt the HDD in WFS (wiiFS).
I don't remember how some users managed to play DQX from iso. Maybe try Sneek (NOT Uneek as USB needs to be available for the Wfs partition), like suggested above?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I don't know a lot about IOS59, just that it is used by DQX to access and encrypt the HDD in WFS (wiiFS).
I don't remember how some users managed to play DQX from iso. Maybe try Sneek (NOT Uneek as USB needs to be available for the Wfs partition), like suggested above?

Thank you,my Friend.
I will try the System/Region Change before.:)

EDIT:

A Region Change helps.:)
EDIT: A 16 GB USB Stick is already attached in Port 0.

Now maybe I need an "Japanese" Expert:

P1370014.JPG P1370015.JPG P1370013.JPG

After that comes this Screen:

P1370016.JPG

and goes back to the System Menu.

Thank you for any Translation Help on this Message.:)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I can only help with the kana

on the 4th picture:
Wii menu ni modorimasu : return to wii menu (polite form)

the 3rd picture talks about "install".
I could read only the first line:
Installl suru tameni wa (in order to install)

sorry, I'm not good enough to read these kanji.
but I bet it's talking about how you need to format, or what you need to do in order to install the game to hdd?
did you try the other USB Port?

Last edited by Cyan,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
You don't speak japanese?
I thought you did as you translated two wii games.
or you just found the script and inserted it in games?

I can only help on the kana:

Is it possible to translate the other Screen too please ?

And I really hope you are confusing me with someone else,a more capable User I think.:rofl2:

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you again,my Freind.:)

I can only help with the kana

on the 4th picture:

the 3rd picture talks about "install".
I could read only the first line:
Installl suru tameni wa (in order to install)

sorry, I'm not good enough to read these kanji.
but I bet it's talking about how you need to format, or what you need to do in order to install the game to hdd?
did you try the other USB Port?

Update:

The "Any Region Changer" installed System Version 4.1J.
So the Message on the Screen has to do with the System Menu Version I think.
After Updated the Wii to 4.3J the Installer worked.:)

P1370017.JPG P1370018.JPG P1370019.JPG P1370020.JPG

This takes now some Time,to install the 2 Discs.:)

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Yes, sorry, I got you mistaken with someone else I talked to recently ! :lol:
heyy, he could help you here ?
@Brand Newman

I could only translate 1 line on the 3rd picture. I edited my message above.
Well... Seems the problem was solved before I even got here ! Good for you all !

Just a thing : I don't speak Japanese, but I'm a bit of an overachiever... so, with the help of online translators, articles, dictionary, etc. (and a good Japanese OCR to capture text from screenshots), I managed to find the Japanese scripts in the two games I translated, and offer what I hope are decent English versions.

I had started to work on these screenshots when I saw the issue had been resolved, which is good because the pictures were a bit dark and the OCR couldn't recognize much... and since I didn't have the file to look for the text I had recognized and translate the rest, it was a bit beyond my level.

I'm happy Alexander managed to make it work on his own.

Have a nice day everybody!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Well... Seems the problem was solved before I even got here ! Good for you all !

Just a thing : I don't speak Japanese, but I'm a bit of an overachiever... so, with the help of online translators, articles, dictionary, etc. (and a good Japanese OCR to capture text from screenshots), I managed to find the Japanese scripts in the two games I translated, and offer what I hope are decent English versions.

I had started to work on these screenshots when I saw the issue had been resolved, which is good because the pictures were a bit dark and the OCR couldn't recognize much... and since I didn't have the file to look for the text I had recognized and translate the rest, it was a bit beyond my level.

I'm happy Alexander managed to make it work on his own.

Have a nice day everybody!

First I want to say HELLO to you,because I did not know you before.
It is very,very kind from you,to come in and help me on my "Experience".

Thank you very much.:)

I think,you do not want to know,HOW I get to this Conclusion with the Systme Menu.....:rofl2:
(Google Translator,tried Words like "System","Menu","Firmware" and such Things,compared the Results with the japanese "Letters" on my Screenshots.....)

It is good to now,you can maybe help on this Things (I also "test" japanese DS/DSi Games from Time to Time (Tomodachi for Example) for myself).
If it is ok for you,from Time to Time,if I ask for your Help ?

I wish you a good Time here and a nice Day.
Thank you for your Help.:)

Also thank you @Cyan for recommended him to Help.:)

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

First I want to say HELLO to you,because I did not know you before.
It is very,very kind from you,to come in and help me on my "Experience".

Thank you very much.:)

I think,you do not want to know,HOW I get to this Conclusion with the Systme Menu.....:rofl2:
(Google Translator,tried Words like "System","Menu","Firmware" and such Things,compared the Results with the japanese "Letters" on my Screenshots.....)

It is good to now,you can maybe help on this Things (I also "test" japanese DS/DSi Games from Time to Time (Tomodachi for Example) for myself).
If it is ok for you,from Time to Time,if I ask for your Help ?

I wish you a good Time here and a nice Day.
Thank you for your Help.:)

Also thank you @Cyan for recommended him to Help.:)
Hello to you too !

Considering how I translated Japanese games myself, I'm not the one to throw the stone ! :D

Of course you can ask for my help in the future. Just know that I work considerably better if I have a file I can check into with an Hex Editor, or at least a high resolution picture from which I can extract Japanese with OCR.

Enjoy your game, you deserve it, and see you next time !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over