PigeonBreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all.
Just a mod restore question here. I have a few modded Wii's, 1 of them I'm restoring to its no mods/factory defaults state. I have BootMii as Boot2, PriiLoader, the usual CIOS's & rest of HBC, & apps on my SD card. I have a NAND backup which I created using BootMii before I modded which I'll be restoring from. I also want to reinstall my System Menu 4.3 as I've read that's the recommended way to uninstall PriiLoader completely.

So what order would be best to do this in? I was thinking 1st restore my unmodded clean NAND backup, then reinstall the System Menu 4.3 using HBC & the WAD file to get rid of PriiLoader, & finally uninstall HBC, BootMii IOS & then lastly BootMii Boot2 & hope for the best. Just worried these steps aren't in the right order. I know I don't need to remove PriiLoader but if I want to, can yous let me know what order you recommend the steps be in please?

Thanks.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
If the nand backup was before u installed priiloader, it will not be present after restoring it

Rather than reinstall the entire system menu to remove priiloader, I would run the priiloader installer and uninstall it

No need to uninstall bootmii, especially bootmii boot2. In fact no need to remove priiloader or other mods for that matter, they won't interfere with the normal function of standard wii processes (unless u have DarkCorp or similar shit installed)

If u truly want to remove all traces of a softmod, restoring an ohneschwanzenegger nand backup would get you closer, it should remove all traces except for bootmii boot2

Reactions: PigeonBreath

andrei1010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You need Ohneschwanzenegger and a current NAND.bin file to restore the factory state of the wii. After the process of creating the factory NAND.bin you just need to use the restore function on BootMii to apply the factory state NAND

Reactions: PigeonBreath

PigeonBreath

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Forgot I even posted, working on it again, thanks for your replies.
Good to see you XFlak!
Ok all good now, went smoothly, never ended up using the Ohneschwanzenegger method & put my faith into my old NAND backup restored & PriiLoader gone as you said it would be, uninstalled BootMii, Wii restored to factory first-time setup ready for the buyer.

I gotta say, I really did cringe hard when uninstalling my beloved BootMii Boot2 but never fear, that will never happen to my own Wii. The new owner probably has BootMii Boot2 already reinstalled on it anyways lol. Wasn't one of you guys was it? ;)

Getting a Wii-U now before they're extinct. Thanks again XFlak & andrei1010.

Reactions: XFlak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto