Homebrew GBARunner2

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will start soon. About the games that Whitescreen after the BIOS Intro. Are you going to fill in the reason for the crash?
Yeah, when I look at games I can often identify a reason as to why they don't work. For example because they have code above the first 2MB. I will then fill it in there so that I have a clear overview of which game has which problems.

sobralense

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible to test games using PC emulator?
Couldn't run the NDS file using desmume on Linux. Would be good to test, don't know if it's a reliable test.

D

Deleted User

Gericom, I have got a question. If the cache version runs faster should I write nocache=0 even though the game kinda works?

Edit: I updated the wiki. Tell me what you think.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Alexander1970

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I'm a turd for asking but could I have a one-off build with the SNES Mario controls? I'm happy enough with the current state of the gameplay otherwise. The only reason I'm persistent on this one is because it's my favorite game of all time. :)

Y = Run
B = Jump
A = Spin Jump
latest

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gericom, I have got a question. If the cache version runs faster should I write nocache=0 even though the game kinda works?

Edit: I updated the wiki. Tell me what you think.
My initial idea was just if it works at all with nocache or cache, but I could add some intermediate category as in "working, but poor" or so.

I think it's nice how you did it now :yaynds:

Gbaon3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Is there a way to get Gbarunner2 to fill out the top/bottom of the game screen like when you run Gba games installed to the emunand?, there is a cog in the corner of Gbarunner2 that is unselectable and seems to have no function, i'm running it through twilight menu.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get Gbarunner2 to fill out the top/bottom of the game screen like when you run Gba games installed to the emunand
Well, with TWL_FIRM screen mods coming, it may be possible in the future.
there is a cog in the corner of Gbarunner2 that is unselectable and seems to have no function, i'm running it through twilight menu.
That doesn't work yet. It's supposed to take you to a settings screen, when it works.

Reactions: Gbaon3ds

snes666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one game i have is harvest moon fomt on gbarunner2 and it still show a white screen after bios intro
oh and by the way when are you going to fix the problems in mario and luigi sas

best regards for your project
@Gericom

Reactions: SummonerArthur
D

Deleted User

American Bass Challenge (U) has some issues with save files. The game no longer boots after saving.

Emedrith

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hey, thanks to the developers for that amazing emulator. I have been testing golden sun, sounds are missing, for example at the begining during the storm . it doesnt have a specific sound of wind in the background.
In metroid fusion( I think it is a common issue) the sound seems to be delayed.
the lord of the ring the return of the king turns on very laggy and slow when the enemies enter in the screen or fight.
gunstar heores presents some minor graphics glitches
invader - sound not working.

the version of gba runner Im using is 5abecad (2019/07/05). My system is new 3ds . /r4 with moonshell.

Reactions: Gericom

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for all your hard work, indeed amazing emu. Im able to play translated Fire Emblem 6 - The Binding Blade, only old translation works but it's really great. There's a newer patch from different group with some improvement, but after boot there's only black screen. But hey, having this game playing this way is more than expected.

_hachiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been testing ffv(eu) sound restoration patched on Commit 897403a (2019/06/30) ver.
I've confirmed that it randomly hangs on battles. The music still plays but you can't do anything
It's triggered by commands. It can be steal, kick, cover, any magic, and etc. Haven't tried the summon command tho. Defend and row doesn't hang the game. I'll be testing it on newer release of gbarunner later. Will post update if anything happens.

pgattic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pgattic.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Playing with commit 916020e. Very good job so far, keep up the good work! Pokemon Fire Red no longer lags before wild pokemon battles, but theres just one transition for trainer battles that is laggy. Also, before this update, looking at your trainer card in fire red would freeze the game, but now there's just a little lag. No problems with Pokemon Ruby. even the dark cave effect works now, I recall that not working in previous versions. Super Mario Advance 2 works fine but the borders of the text boxes flicker. Also, I was testing that one gba flappy bird homebrew, and it also works great, but the background doesn't scroll like it should. Anyway, thank you so much for creating this, and I hope it will gain more support!

edit: the pokemon games i tested, i sram patched beforehand. Same for SMA2. Also, Mario Kart Super Circuit and SMA4 work flawlessly

Last edited by pgattic,
Reactions: Gericom

kevinrodolfoxD3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tested the latest ARM9 version of GBARUNNER that you posted here and i tested 2 SpongeBob games: Battle for Bikini Bottom and The Movie Game, they both have sound now but for some reason Battle for Bikini Bottom crashes randomly in ARM7, i didn't test The Movie Game in ARM7 but it's likely to crash there too.

byS3cret

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tested the latest ARM9 version of GBARUNNER that you posted here and i tested 2 SpongeBob games: Battle for Bikini Bottom and The Movie Game, they both have sound now but for some reason Battle for Bikini Bottom crashes randomly in ARM7, i didn't test The Movie Game in ARM7 but it's likely to crash there too.
how to install the arm versions on twilightmenu

PlayNeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i have a DSi XL but when i try to boot the arm9 version it just crashes, is it only compatible with some DSi's or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.