Homebrew GBARunner2

Thingley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have had a play with the new version. It's breaking Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of dissonance for me with lots of graphical issues that weren't there on the last version. Harmony of dissonance covers the whole of the left third of the screen with garbage.

All other games that worked for me before still do so - need to move some more games to my SD card. I'm using the Arm7 version on an SD card in a dsi BTW.

Thanks for all your work on this - it's awesome!

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have had a play with the new version. It's breaking Aria of Sorrow and Harmony of dissonance for me with lots of graphical issues that weren't there on the last version. Harmony of dissonance covers the whole of the left third of the screen with garbage.

All other games that worked for me before still do so - need to move some more games to my SD card. I'm using the Arm7 version on an SD card in a dsi BTW.

Thanks for all your work on this - it's awesome!
I'm gonna check it out later.

_hachiro

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tested final fantasy v [eu] with the sound restoration patch and it works. I'm still at the beginning part tho.
I'm using this version, Commit 897403a (2019/06/30)
Played using the arm9dldiwramicache

Edit: some sfx are missing like when you hit an enemies/they hit you. And few graphical glitches like there's a black bar in the Nintendo Screen. Will update some as i progress through the game.

Update: Some issue i found while playing,
Some black bar/lines appear in dialog box, i'm not sure about this one but while i was running away from a battle, i used libra and it causes the game to hang.

Last edited by _hachiro,
Reactions: Gericom
D

Deleted User

Famicom Mini Vol. 10 - Star Soldier [J] no longer boots in the latest arm9 build 53b7cce (2019/07/05).
The game is working in arm9 build Commit 03f8646 (2019/07/01).
Fantastic Children [J] has many gfx glitches. This is a regress from arm9 build Commit 5b06bb4 (2019/07/03).

Last edited by ,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Dodain47 I made this template for use on the gbarunner2 wiki. I'll try to convert the current page with a script of some kind to this new format, although some parts will probably need to be done by hand. Do you have anything I should still change or add before that? https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:GBAR2GameTable

Last edited by Gericom,
D

Deleted User

@Dodain47 I made this template for use on the gbarunner2 wiki. I'll try to convert the current page with a script of some kind to this new format, although some parts will probably need to be done by hand. Do you have anything I should still change or add before that? https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:GBAR2GameTable
So far this looks nice.:) I was thinking maybe we should make two separate list for gbarunner2.

One for the arm9 version on a flashcard. And another for arm7 build since they tend to give different results.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far this looks nice.:) I was thinking maybe we should make two separate list for gbarunner2.

One for the arm9 version on a flashcard. And another for arm7 build since they tend to give different results.
Well, tbh, although it may give different results when it comes to caching, overall the compatibility should be about the same. I don't think two lists are really needed.

D

Deleted User

Well, tbh, although it may give different results when it comes to caching, overall the compatibility should be about the same. I don't think two lists are really needed.
Alright!
I think it would be a good time to retest games, beginning from the top with the latest build once the new wiki is finished.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Alright!
I think it would be a good time to retest games, beginning from the top with the latest build once the new wiki is finished.
In that case I'll just convert the current list without too much effort to filter out new fields from the old notes. Since they will be filled in again anyway. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

costlyclick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the gfx glitches introduced with one of the previous commits and implemented a general patch for a sound mixer used in quite a number of games (patch was game specific before, but now covers all of them).
Yay! This fixed the crazy flicker on A Link to the Past! Thanks so much!

Reactions: Gericom

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's possible to scale the image? How to enter to the emulator options?

Enviado desde mi SM-J730F mediante Tapatalk
It's currently not possible, and there are no options implemented yet. I might add it later, but honestly scaling doesn't add that much. I can't blend it on a ds, so you would get dirty nearest neighbour scaling of 107%. What I see more useful is probably support for a screen border.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Dodain47 I updated the retail list on the wiki to the new format. The available template options can be found here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Template:GBAR2GameTable/doc

D

Deleted User

I will start soon. About the games that Whitescreen after the BIOS Intro. Are you going to fill in the reason for the crash?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.