Homebrew GBARunner2

D

Deleted User

You people should just get an 3DS, softmod it and play GBA games as virtual console injects.

D

Deleted User

I tested and compared the ARM9 dldi & ARM9 dldiwramcache Versions of GBARunner2 with my M3 Simply DS Flashcard on my Phat DS:

• Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow (E): Runs a bit smoother with the ARM9 dldiwramcache.
  • Contra Advance (E): Runs much smoother with the ARM9 dldiwramcache.
  • Doom (UE): Freezes during the Level loading Screen with the ARM9 dldiwramcache.
  • Megaman Zero 4 (E): Runs much smoother with the ARM9 dldiwramcache.
  • Metroid Fusion (E): White Screens after the BIOS Intro with the ARM9 dldiwramcache.

roytam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
You should just try if they work. Opcode 0x00000000 sounds like a generic error to me so it's probably a problem with gbaemu4ds. (that would be andeq r0, r0, r0 so nothing special about that, since it's basically a nop)
I just tried with some of my Moemon(J) hacks, hacks by ebisova freezes in opening movie (gbaemu4ds shows invalid opcode 0x00000000), and if I press button trying to skip movie before it freeze, it "restarts" (showing GBA BIOS slash screen)
and another moemon(J) hack by unknown author can goto title screen, but when I press Start button, it show white screen.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So is arm9 the DSi compatible version if so its only gives me a white top screen and a bottom that says test do you know why?
The arm7 version is the one that might work on dsi (if you mean with srloader that is, from a flashcard it's no different from ds). But from what I have heard it only works right with rocketlauncher

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just tried with some of my Moemon(J) hacks, hacks by ebisova freezes in opening movie (gbaemu4ds shows invalid opcode 0x00000000), and if I press button trying to skip movie before it freeze, it "restarts" (showing GBA BIOS slash screen)
and another moemon(J) hack by unknown author can goto title screen, but when I press Start button, it show white screen.
At this point in time, hacks will most likely not work, and they're not a top priority either, since trying to get them to work would have to come after getting the original roms working.

If you want to test something, test the unhacked moemon (j) and see if it runs and what kind of bugs there are, if there are any.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
At this point in time, hacks will most likely not work, and they're not a top priority either, since trying to get them to work would have to come after getting the original roms working.

If you want to test something, test the unhacked moemon (j) and see if it runs and what kind of bugs there are, if there are any.
Yeah, it might be that hacks have asm hacks appended to the end of the rom for example and since only the first couple of megabytes of the rom are loaded for code execution it might not be able to jump there. It's very hard to make something that would allow to execute code from random locations in the rom (because of constraints when it comes to memory protection and detecting the actual destination of relative jumps and such)

Reactions: Zense

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tired of hearing about rocket launcher if it probably isn't even being released.

cihan_k47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why there is no tutorial that explain everything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

or someon post a tutorial on youtube

it says copyn and stucks i dont check every thing i do the sram patch it doesnt work and megamen zero 4 doenst work on my ds lite

D

Deleted User

it says copyn and stucks i dont check every thing i do the sram patch it doesnt work and megamen zero 4 doenst work on my ds lite
You should wait until a save function is implemented. You probably need a different kernel set up for your Flashcard.

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Maybe try the arm7 version if you aren't already using that.

@Dodain47 May you have time, maybe you could update the wiki a bit. It seems to be quite a while ago. It would be cool if we could state for which games the cache version works well too.

Last edited by Gericom,
Reactions: Zense
D

Deleted User

Maybe try the arm7 version if you aren't already using that.

@Dodain47 May you have time, maybe you could update the wiki a bit. It seems to be quite a while ago. It would be cool if we could state for which games the cache version works well too.
I´m rather busy with 3DS stuff. Maybe somebody else wants to test games and update the wiki?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny