Status
Not open for further replies.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me if im wrong,

Im assuming I will still need Cubic ninja to install homebrew channel.. even with Gateway.

Steps I've done to get to the point I'm at:

Replaced Launcher.dat from the new release of GW. 3.6.1. Booted into Emunand..

Now how do I install Homebrew Channel "Gateway homebrew Application".......

Im stuck :(

Use browserhax:

http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

D

Deleted User

A DS-mode card is required for the a9 NTRhax. So yes, you will need a card (red or blue, dunno yet which) inserted for launching into Gateway menu.

You need the red card inserted anyway to boot into Gateway mode, so it would make the most sense that it would be the red card somehow emulating a DS mode card.

Last edited by ,

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully with 10.3 support that it doesn't require the Gateway card itself to boot into the menu :)
Even if you didn't need it, Gateway would still make you have one because they want to make money for their product.

It sickens me that they are making money off others people's findings, which is why I will never buy a flashcart from them.

Last edited by Agent Moose,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess it is that time of the year again for the Gateway team to support newer sysNAND firmwares...

If the GBATemp mods were working overtime already, they will now be working nonstop with upcoming Gateway 9.3+ threads (not to mention the Wii U 5.4+/IOSU threads)!

Reactions: The Cringe

NazoXIII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read Gateway.3DSX as 3DSX support for gateway. :sad:
I am however very excited that Team GW is working on bringing Gateway to the latest firmwares.

Last edited by NazoXIII,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

CyberTails

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you didn't need it, Gateway would still make you have one because they want to make money for their product.

It sickens me that they are making money off others people's findings, which is why I will never buy a flashcart from them.

Well here's the thing with that, I'm not buying a flashcart because I'm trying to keep IronHax a secret from my family

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A tutorial on how to reliably set up Gateway autoboot would be nice, since nothing mentioned in this thread has worked me so far.

1. Install homemenuhax using the menuhax Manager v2.1 3dsx app
2. rename the homebrew loader (boot.3dsx) on the sd root to boot_hb.3dsx
3. download ctr bootmanager, rename the 3dsx file that comes with it to boot.3dsx
3a. optional simply run homemenuhax to see if it boots to ctr bootmanager. if it does, continue.
4. place the gateway launcher.dat on the root of your sd
5. extract the gateway 3dsx launcher and place it on the 3ds folder on the root of the sd card (the path will be <drive>:\3ds\GW\GW.3dsx)
6. Replace everything in your boot.cfg file on the root of the sd with the following:
Code:
boot_config :
{
  timeout = 3;
  autobootfix = 2;
  recovery = 2;
  default = 0;
  entries = (
    {
      title = "Gateway Mode";
      path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
    },
    {
      title = "HomeBrewMenu";
      path = "/boot_hb.3dsx";
    } );
};
7. Done

Last edited by Localhorst86,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
sorry if this has been asked before, but can i autoboot my n3ds directly into GW emuNAND with their latest update !?

and i guess i will have to have the Red GW card inserted in order for the autoboot to work yes ?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well here's the thing with that, I'm not buying a flashcart because I'm trying to keep IronHax a secret from my family

10.3 support for CFW will arrive at pretty much the same time as 10.3 support for Gateway (Since both will use the newly shown exploits). Gateway support might come slightly faster since they actually make money off of these things (Money from other people's work, this time around. Oh how noble you are, Gateway), but 10.3 support all around is coming.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sorry if this has been asked before, but can i autoboot my n3ds directly into GW emuNAND with their latest update !?

Yes, much like what has been possible with rxTools and the like for a long while now. Look for a guide to install Menuhax, and once it is installed, replace the boot.3dsx from HBL with Gateway's 3dsx file (All of this requires Sysnand at 9.0-9.2).

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to find some cheats and my 3ds freeze. After that I can't boot in gateway mode, after gateway dragon sign screen turns black. I can't copy new files to my SD card, If I delete some files from my SD card when I refresh those files are back so I can't delete files from SD card, it looks like everything is blocked. I tried to backup EmuNAND in gateway mode but It says that there is no space on my SD card but I have over 2GB of free space. I tried to backup EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool to my PC so I can change to another SD card but I get error in there too so I can't do it like that too. Can anyone help me please what can I do?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to find some cheats and my 3ds freeze. After that I can't boot in gateway mode, after gateway dragon sign screen turns black. I can't copy new files to my SD card, If I delete some files from my SD card when I refresh those files are back so I can't delete files from SD card, it looks like everything is blocked. I tried to backup EmuNAND in gateway mode but It says that there is no space on my SD card but I have over 2GB of free space. I tried to backup EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool to my PC so I can change to another SD card but I get error in there too so I can't do it like that too. Can anyone help me please what can I do?
If both your 3DS and computer can't read your SD card, you probably corrupted the SD card. Try backing up your important files (including emunand) then format the card and put everything back in.

K

KingpinSlim

Thanks for the tutorial LocalHorst86!

That was exactly what i was doing.

I was trying to configure it in a way where it would boot into Gateway Mode without me having to do anything but turn on the system.

This however didnt work, since i told menuhax to boot into menuhax when i DONT press L.

The problem is that when it then starts Gateway Mode it calls for System again and since L isnt pressed it automatically loads Homebrew Manager and so forth.

Its a loop that ends in a black screen and i dont know how to do it differently.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
If both your 3DS and computer can't read your SD card, you probably corrupted the SD card. Try backing up your important files (including emunand) then format the card and put everything back in.
I can copy files from SD card but I can't copy files on SD card and I can't backup my EmuNAND.

D

Deleted-19228

They have more patches that are doing more than anything public...so there's that...

Reactions: Deleted-236924

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can copy files from SD card but I can't copy files on SD card and I can't backup my EmuNAND.
You mean EmuNAND Tool won't let you back up the hidden SD partition? Do you have a NAND backup of emunand (your first sysnand before you formatted it) which is hopefully on the same firmware version you're already on? You can try formatting then injecting that backup instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4