OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway ULTRA 3.6.1 public beta

Quote from gateway-3ds.com:

"Today we are back with more presents for all! Let’s list a quick summary:

* Introducing the Gateway 3DSX homebrew application!

* Gateway ULTRA 3.6.1 Bugfix Release
– Menu button speed more fine tuned now
– Enabled in-game menu for demo and system applications (such as Mii Plaza)
– Expanded ram dumper / cheats region to 0x3FFFFFFF
– Fixed forced sysnand booting bug (previously defaulted always to emunand)
– Changed menu highlight color to red

We heard your feedback! And today we have already fixed just a few of those things already with Gateway ULTRA 3.6.1.

And that’s not all, we also created GW.3DSX: a nifty little homebrew application that is loaded through the 3DS Homebrew Channel (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/) and provides another way of booting into Gateway mode.
This means you can now choose your favorite entrypoint that works with the Homebrew Channel, such as the popular cold boot menuhax, and boot straight into the Gateway menu!

Note that this currently only works for systems up to sysnand firmware version 9.2, but we are working on that!

That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower.
So do not update past this version, because we will not be able to bring support for versions after that any time soon!

Happy Holidays to all, and many thanks to the homebrew dev team and community!

That’s it for now, and as always, Enjoy!
"

-- Edit:

gbatemp user @VeryCrushed wrote a nice tutorial on setting up autoboot using CTRBootManager.. If you don't know where to start... take a look at their tutorial.

[Tutorial] Gateway CTRBootManager Setup - Auto Boot

Last edited by LameNobody,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Note that this currently only works for systems up to sysnand firmware version 9.2, but we are working on that!

That’s right! We can already reveal another surprise that is coming SOON: We will be bringing Gateway support to systems that are on the current LATEST FIRMWARE: 10.3 and lower.
So do not update past this version, because we will not be able to bring support for versions after that any time soon!

Jackpot!

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished putting rXtools Menuhax on my nephews 2DS and was jealous of him being able to boot straight to his emunand.

This was a nice surprise!

s-arash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm on 9.9 right now
should i update to 10.3 and wait or my firmware is fine?
and do i need to do something else while waiting?

raibot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And that’s not all, we also created GW.3DSX: a nifty little homebrew application that is loaded through the 3DS Homebrew Channel (http://smealum.github.io/3ds/) and provides another way of booting into Gateway mode.
This means you can now choose your favorite entrypoint that works with the Homebrew Channel, such as the popular cold boot menuhax, and boot straight into the Gateway menu!

^ This is EXACTLY what I fuckin needed. God bless

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
We just need to hope it won't take months to implement like the cheat thing.
It was about 2 months from a definitive announcement of <=9.2 support and the release for O3DS, so I'd imagine it'll be that kind of timescale.

I bet this time you'll need the card to downgrade :ha:
Also can't wait to see if it's just the downgrade or the motherload ... arm9 on 10.3.
Probably will need the card, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if people start offering a 'downgrade service'. Assuming, of course, that homebrew devs don't make some nice breakthroughs in the meantime. :rolleyes:
I think they'll do the full ARM9 support, maybe release some new hardware (Gateway Green Card maybe?) to perform NTRcardhax.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I should definitely see about homebrew enabling the 9.0 Sysnand on my N3DS then.
For menuhax sake it'd mean booting straight into the GW Launcher, instead of having to dig out my OoT card!

Reactions: Deleted-236924

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hope it will be real 10.3 support and not just downgrade. I don´t own Cubic Ninja and so I couldn´t start the GW menu on 9.2 (I only have Ironhax and Menuhax)...

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It was about 2 months from a definitive announcement of <=9.2 support and the release for O3DS, so I'd imagine it'll be that kind of timescale.

Probably will need the card, in which case I wouldn't be surprised if people start offering a 'downgrade service'. Assuming, of course, that homebrew devs don't make some nice breakthroughs in the meantime. :rolleyes:
I think they'll do the full ARM9 support, maybe release some new hardware (Gateway Green Card maybe?) to perform NTRcardhax.
You know, they already have the blue card to perform NTRcardhax... I checked, the banner doesn't appear when I plug the card without any microSD, so it seems they can update it.

Last edited by motezazer,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...