Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current firmware pretty much already has fixed it though, considering they advised not to update to 9.3 at all costs.

I'm meant what if something wrong with their update, something they haven't came across but otherwise would have had they given it more time. Releasing an update in beta has more risks than releasing a game in beta.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm meant what if something wrong with their update, something they haven't came across but otherwise would have had they given it more time. Releasing an update in beta has more risks than releasing a game in beta.

I was referring to this part:
I understand that they can't give release date or reveal specific information when the current firmware has an exploit/loophole (like ninjahax)
the official Nintendo firmware.

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to this part:
the official Nintendo firmware.

Ah, I see. Yeah, Nintendo has already 'fixed' what was wrong, and they can't backtrack ofc, so I dont know why the Gateway team would be holding back announcements and information. Maybe it has something to do with competitors, but I doubt that's it. I'm sure they have a reason though.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah, I see. Yeah, Nintendo has already 'fixed' what was wrong, and they can't backtrack ofc, so I dont know why the Gateway team would be holding back announcements and information. Maybe it has something to do with competitors, but I doubt that's it. I'm sure they have a reason though.

Maybe Team Gateway is also Team Sky3DS and that's all an evil plot to make some people pay twice. Muahahahaha.

Or maybe they are just a little weird and not realizing how confusing their behaviour is.

I actually think it's neither of these two options. Maybe they have another plan and it's way beyond what our minds could imagine.^^

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I had no idea an email had said that, and I'm kinda hesitant to trust emails, unless they're are multiple sources of them (like the "few days" email)

But an email said it would be "all at once."
The email said they are implementing new firmware each day. So whether it's released with 9.2 is still not confirmed. I personally think 8.1-9.2 will be supported at first, then other firmwares. Makes more sense imo

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So, could I flash 4.5 on my 3ds, could I dump the current nand and use that on emunand?
huh :blink: what do you mean, why?

you cant just downgrade your 3ds unless you have a dump from when you where on 4.x already, each nand is console specific encrypted, so you cant just use any old random 4.x nand dump

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
huh :blink: what do you mean, why?

you cant just downgrade your 3ds unless you have a dump from when you where on 4.x already, each nand is console specific encrypted, so you cant just use any old random 4.x nand dump

I do have my 4.5 dump, but I want to know if I could dump my current 9.2 and use that with emunand.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had no idea an email had said that, and I'm kinda hesitant to trust emails, unless they're are multiple sources of them (like the "few days" email)

i wouldn't trust the "few day" wording from GW. they've been saying "few days" for a while now. it's already been more than a few days

Reactions: PagaN

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys, calm down.
We all know, that the update is not out yet.
We all know, Gateway said it would be "a few days",
and we are all waiting for it.

Think about it.
Not every developer can keep their deadline.
I am pretty sure the Gateway devs are facing a lot of pressure to get the final touch done.

What happened to the page?
Well. I'm pretty sure they just rolled it back to the 9th December, because someone maybe hacked their page and they didn't have a backup of the newest one.
Shit happens, and we can be glad they had a backup.
If I'd be in place of the Gateway web-developer (-s), I wouldn't want to make the whole page from scratch again.

Reactions: lemanuel

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you do notice that maxconsole is a forum for more than Gateway or even the 3DS, right?

you do realize that this section of the gbatemp forum is for all flashcarts right? Judging me negatively just because i have a sky3ds card as my avatar is really immature.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
you do realize that this section of the gbatemp forum is for all flashcarts right? Judging me negatively just because i have a sky3ds card as my avatar is really immature.

that would be true if I didn't know what you usually post. lol

anyway.. no gonna argue with you anymore since it would be pointless and not relevant to the thread in question. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.