Hacking Gateway 3DS Firmware v2.0 - New UI and More!

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
nah but it is rather amusing how he is following me from thread to thread trying to correct stuff and veering off the OP's topic.

It's strange that you think 1 post is "following from thread to thread".

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stay off GBAtemp for a while because I'm too busy playing SMTIV, and I see this. Nice. To mirror tons of posts here "I can't wait to see what happens. I really hope it includes multi-rom support, online, current firmware compatibility, etc." It won't affect me for a while, though. After I finish SMTIV, Pokemon X and Y will almost be out, or already be out, so I've still got about a month before I crack open my Gateway again.

LOL this is my situation!

Reactions: digipokemaster

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.4 and region spoof works fine.

And what do you mean by firmware spoof. Are we saying that it'll play games that require firmware higher than 4.5 already?

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 4.4 and region spoof works fine.

And what do you mean by firmware spoof. Are we saying that it'll play games that require firmware higher than 4.5 already?

firmware spoof allows you to play games that are on a higher firmware for example

if a game requires 5.0 then you will be able to play it on 4.5U or 4.4U

I'm on 4.3U so I hope firmware spoof works

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
firmware spoof allows you to play games that are on a higher firmware for example

if a game requires 5.0 then you will be able to play it on 4.5U or 4.4U

I'm on 4.3U so I hope firmware spoof works
I think it would work, but why are you insistent of staying at 4.3? You could use a Rom that contains the 4.5 update and upgrade to the latest exploitable version.

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it would work, but why are you insistent of staying at 4.3? You could use a Rom that contains the 4.5 update and upgrade to the latest exploitable version.

yeah but I don't have any games on higher than 4.3 the latest game I had was New Super Mario Bros 2

when u mean rom do you mean from downloadable roms and using gateway?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah but I don't have any games on higher than 4.3 the latest game I had was New Super Mario Bros 2

when u mean rom do you mean from downloadable roms and using gateway?

Of course. If you download the 1.0 "firmware" of Gateway 3DS (.dat file) from their site and download a game rom containing the 4.5 firmware, you can safely update to 4.5.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
okay that's good to know but do i turn wireless off? (wifi)

I don't think that's necessary. Is the system often asking you to update? if this hasn't happened to you, then I COULD recommend to turn off the internet connection, because after a while, the update will download automatically; it won't update without asking you, but the system will be asking you to do so over and over and it can be annoying.

In other words, you can deactivate the wireless while updating with the rom if you want, but having the internet connection activated doesn't affect Gateway,

GalatasarayEken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think that's necessary. Is the system often asking you to update? if this hasn't happened to you, then I COULD recommend to turn off the internet connection, because after a while, the update will download automatically; it won't update without asking you, but the system will be asking you to do so over and over and it can be annoying.

In other words, you can deactivate the wireless while updating with the rom if you want, but having the internet connection activated doesn't affect Gateway,

okay thanks, I turned it off ever since it kept asking me to update every time I turned it off on my r4i, I want to get a 3DS and you said firmware 1.0 i can update to 4.5U but isn't the current firmware on 1.2?

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
This is looking really nice. I need to wait a little longer though… if they are able to make this work on new firmware versions, continually (like how the Supercard is always updated) then I'll have to get one of these! But for now I'll have to wait and see if they can make it happen.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
This is looking really nice. I need to wait a little longer though… if they are able to make this work on new firmware versions, continually (like how the Supercard is always updated) then I'll have to get one of these! But for now I'll have to wait and see if they can make it happen.

Sad thing is that DS mode carts are much easier to get working, 3DS-mode carts though, different story. It saddens me too, I wish this were the case so that I could actually be on the newest firmware. I'm sticking with my 4.1 firmware right now though, because I want to be the first one with Homebrew!

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
That's realy nice indeed. Dumping our games can be a usefull thing, especialy when you have slow connections which takes hours to download roms.
I hope I'll finnaly get my gateway before this update so I could enjoy it. Sadly I'm not even sure I'll recive my gateway someday...

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
That's realy nice indeed. Dumping our games can be a usefull thing, especialy when you have slow connections which takes hours to download roms.
I hope I'll finnaly get my gateway before this update so I could enjoy it. Sadly I'm not even sure I'll recive my gateway someday...

I'm in the same boat as you bro, hopefully soon for me though, It's already been more than a month.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day you will post something on topic and people will thank you for contributing to the forum.

Why everytime you post anywhere it's gotta be negative or sarcastic? Everytime your in an argument you say you "no longer have an intrest in piracy" Like that means something. Just chill.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.etonline.com/daniel-radcliffe-reacts-to-harry-potter-reboot-series-offers-advice-excl...