Hacking Gateway 3.1 Zelda OoT Compatibility List. Please post

Did Gateway 3.1 work with your copy of Zelda Ocarina of Time?

• Yes

Votes: 133 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 33.7%

• Total voters

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Request: Can somebody who has a working NA n3ds exploit dump their Zelda rom, patch the header out, and post the CRC32?
Mine is 6D2CBD87, same as Zelda US scene release. I really think that is the source of the problem, different rom versions. Need to confirm it though.

X_Frost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS firmware - XL 9.0U

OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA Back: AQEEX10192

Working Y/N - No

Purchased when? - Borrowed from friend

Not working at all. Save is Corrupted, Erases Afterwards.

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, I can't install any CIA's right now as I've not been able to "verify" that I'm in emunand via the system settings, I get no "GW3D" before the version info. As soon as I figure it out I'll get on that.

On my old 3ds XL, sometimes I couldn't get into emunand, it would go into nintendo profile. I found by replacing the launcher.dat on the SD with a fresh one of the same version, it usually fixed it!

sneef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS firmware - 9.0U
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA
Back: AQEE510343
Working y/n - YES

Worked exactly as described! super easy and straightforward. first try, i got so caught up in the excitement i forgot to put the new launcher.dat on my NN3DS XL microSD.. so the exploit just led to black screens. I was super bummed, then, as I thought through the process, and got to the stage (in my head, at this point) where you press A, I thought, "pressing A should boot the gateway launcher from the SD card... DOH!" and promptly put launcher.dat on the microSD, at which point the whole process worked perfectly. Now here's hoping my original saved game is restorable!!! I had never played through OoT on N64 (i had the special version gamecube disc but didn't spend time to finish the game), so this is kind of my first time playing it, and I've finished link between worlds and much of majora's mask 3d, and had decided to go back and play OoT (which i bought within a month of launch), and that is the main game I"m currently playing on 3DS.. so when i heard the exploit required overwriting the save slot, I was a little worried...

Now, I AM happy it worked, but i really don't care that much... I wanted gateway to release N3DS support so that I could use gateway on my AUSTRALIAN/EUR/PAL NN3DS.. i have sky3DS but sick and tired of having saves for US games and other saves for EUR games.. frankly i love the regular nn3ds form factor more, and the clarity of the screens. that is why I bought a EUR/AUS NN3DS.. with the belief that gateway would release support for it soon, since gateway is region-free. NOw i REALLY NEED A EUR / AUS / PAL (whatever you wanna call it) retail cart of OoT! sigh.. happy, but for now have to play downloaded EUR ROMs on the aussie nn3ds.. I don't really pirate, and would much rather be playing my own retail dumps on a region free cart like Gateway 3DS.. I guess i just have to hope someone figures out how to get regionthree (region free hack) to work on NN3DS, and use it with my sky3ds.. of course i can't update to 9.5 on my consoles or lose regionthree.

TL : DR - It worked fine on US NN3DSXL, but I need gateway for region-free on my AUS/EUR NN3DS, and only have the USA retail cart

UPDATE: thanks to the genius of sonic and some others, I'm able to use my sky3ds to run the exploit on my EUR NN3DS.. hooray!!!! finally able to play all my usa carts in classic mode!!! i could care less about roms on the gateway, i'm so happy!

Reactions: mrGREEK360

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it with someones working ROM and I'm just getting a white bottom screen on my Sky :/

EDIT: LMAO my SD card wasn't plugged in all the way ._.

back to square 1

EDIT: Still isn't working :/

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Firmware Update: 1.1.0 (v1045)
Unfortunately that's the same update as mine. The public header also will be different that the "clean" (all FF) header of the scene release. You have to run that gateway patcher I linked to get a usable ID of the rom. In other words, being able to rule out that it's different than the scene release of the rom.

MkidTrigun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately that's the same update as mine. The public header also will be different that the "clean" (all FF) header of the scene release. You have to run that gateway patcher I linked to get a usable ID of the rom. In other words, being able to rule out that it's different than the scene release of the rom.

Right, I caught my mistake after trying to get the checksum of it again, not used to HxD yet. I went back to edit the ROM by patching out the header to FF and edited my findings.

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok the info i got was wrong i have 1.1

Damn_zpskerj9d0e.png

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, I caught my mistake after trying to get the checksum of it again, not used to HxD yet. I went back to edit the ROM by patching out the header to FF and edited my findings.
Okay, looks like we can rule out differing rom versions as the issue. Maybe it's the Chip ID -- mine's C2 FE 00 90. (It's on your rom header at 0x1230) sorry if you already erased it without a copy lol.
Nevermind, you would have a different checksum if the chipid was different.

I promise I won't bug you any more after this. I'm out of ideas :P

Zaazu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New 3DS firmware - AUS New 3DS 9.0.0-20E
OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
Back: AQEP820220
Working y/n - Yes

Formatted Emunand and booted into gateway mode just fine, I'm able to get to the rom browser but if I go into the settings I don't get any indication of it running in gateway mode, I don't get the "GW3D" before the firmware.

Just to add to my entry, I ran gateway on an old 3DS XL running 9.2 and just imported the save. Sometimes when I launch OOT on my NN3DS it wipes/creates new data, then I need togo back to my old 3ds and import the save and try again, but I've only had that once.

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
New 3DS XL firmware - 9.0E (Majora's Mask Edition)
New 3DS firmware - 9.2E
OoT: Front - LNA-CTR-AQEP-AUS Back - AQEP710134
Working y/n: works on both!

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it with someones working ROM and I'm just getting a white bottom screen on my Sky :/

EDIT: LMAO my SD card wasn't plugged in all the way ._.

back to square 1

EDIT: Still isn't working :/

sonic please find a solution. I don't want to hunt for a working 60-70 dollar zelda game..

Raul8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS firmware - XL 9.0U
OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEE-USA Back: AQEE510202
Working y/n - Yes
Purchased when? - at launch
Weird event: worked first, then after a second try, the save was corrupted and had to restore again. Still works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol