OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
More sellouts from other retailers

Bestbuy:
online sell out for both basic and deluxe packs.

Target:
Premium SKU sold out online

Only been what, just 2 days? Wii U is on fire. Neither 3DS nor Vita has sellout like this, this it just pre-orders with 2 months to go till release and not first two day sales. Oh boy....

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, so many Nintendo haters on this forum...but then again, it's not surprising.
LMAO how are we ninty haters? We're all laughing at the fact it's selling already even with the poor launch list

What are you smoking? Give me some.

That launch list is one of the best launch lists I've seen for any console. Simply destroys the PS3 and 360 on what they had to offer, and it destroys the Wii as well. The only thing it doesn't beat is the SNES.

Wow, so many Nintendo haters on this forum...but then again, it's not surprising.

Yes, because this thread is nothing but non-stop Nintendo bashi- oh wait, it isn't. At all.

Projecting much?

It's pretty damn close, I'd say the amount of crap comments I see on here are equivalent to the crap comments I see on GameTrailers.

Reactions: 2 people

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty dope. Honestly, I didn't have much faith in the Wii U selling so well but I obviously must be extremely underestimating Nintendo and the fans or people with interest out there.
Kudos to Ninty!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God! I'm gonna have to go stand in line forever just like the Wii.

But that's fun to do. You meet awesome people and have lots of fun together. When I went to a midnight launch, I brought my DS, and like 30 of us all got together and played DS together. We had a mini tournament going on, it was amazing.

Reactions: 3 people

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually I did have a blast waiting in line for the Wii. I bet we had 30-50 people talking about old school games from Nintendo and playing Mario Kart on DS. I'll do what I got to get a hold of a Wii U.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mario Kart Wii was the best in the series.
Hope Wii U cracks that.
I won't buy it on launch nor in a year.
The games are gonna be expensive so I need to find a way to get everything cheap.
Consoles and games are hell expensive here

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ugh, that game was broken beyond all belief. I can't think of a good thing to say about it other than it had Mario characters in it.

I played all Mario Karts.

The first Super Mario Kart is little hard to play but its fun cause everyone can win on it.
MK 64 was fun too.
Double Dash is ok,Not so fun like the other two but its enjoyable for a time.
I didn't had a way to play MKDS,just on emu but I'll definitely try it when I get the flashcard.
The Wii like I said is the best for me. It has online, many characters and many control options.
I can't fully enjoy MK7 cause I have problems with online (I think the electrical substation makes them).
Played it for 80 h+ and its still fun.
All what I am doing is getting coins for parts.
The game does not have the Mission Mode like the DS version so it kinda feels empty.
Just Grandprix and battles that are too easy.
No new features,just the gliding and underwater part.
Hope we can make our own grand prix n the Wii U version.

D

Deleted_171835

@[member='Foxi4']
@[member='Guild McCommunist']

Calling the launch lineup poor is absolutely ridiculous.

In terms of GOOD exclusives at day 1 we have,
  • Rayman Legends (looks great, sequel to awesome game)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (stellar-looking platformer and the first Mario game to launch with a system since the N64)
  • Nintendo Land (actually looks promising based on recent videos)
  • Scribblenauts (only console release),
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Nano Assault Neo (first 3DS game was well-liked by critics)
Then there are the multiplatforms that are supposed to be a taste of what's to come in terms of third-party support on the Wii U.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (not having the biggest multiplat of this year would have been a travesty)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 (which has better IQ)
  • Fifa 13 (very significant improvements utilizing the GamePad)
  • Madden NFL 13 (GamePad features so very significant improvement)
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (visual improvements)
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • 007 Legends
There are games designed to appeal to casual gamers
  • Just Dance 4
  • SiNG Party
  • Rabbids Land (to an extent)
  • Your Shape 2013
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Game Party Champions
Ports of games that already came out. This is for the audience that only owned a Wii.
  • Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
  • Darksiders II

If you think this is horrible, you either have an anti-Nintendo bias or you're just a troll. For a launch lineup, this is great.

Reactions: 4 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, in other words, you can play most of those games on other consoles or the PC, letting the WiiU completely fly over your radar as we said?

Great. That's what I meant when I said "little incentive to buy the console". :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God that was tl;dr. But I skimmed.

Scribblenauts is getting a PC release.

Rayman Legends, admittedly I'm a bit notorious for loving Origins (and I do), but a platformer is never a console seller to me. Call me shallow but I certainly won't put down $300 or so on a new platform to play a couple hour platformer.

Tank Tank Tank looked like shit from the demo I saw. Very dull looking.

NSMBU, again, look at my Rayman mention and I really don't care much for the franchise any more. It's not that it's bad, it's just not really mind blowing. It seems very "safe", to borrow a word from Game Grumps. It doesn't really try much, it's serviceable but predictable. Like the 3D Mario platformers take some huge strides and chances. Super Mario 64, revolutionary without even needing to bring up why. Sunshine, admittedly I think it's an utter shit game, but at least it tried something new than resurfacing SM64. Galaxy, a 3D platformer for the record books that took the franchise in a very positive direction. While SMG2 was admittedly just kinda a cash-in, it introduced a lot (like some really fun 2D levels) to make it stand out.

Nintendo Land looks boring. I don't like mini game compilations. I don't play mini game compilations. I don't buy consoles for them. I may play a game of Mario Party or WarioWare once in a blue moon with friends but I don't think the genre is very good at all. Nintendo Land feels like another glorified tech demo with boring games.

The rest are multiplats (which I'll just buy on my Xbox 360) or crap.

Also if you "only owned a Wii" for that generation you are literally retarded.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So, in other words, you can play most of those games on other consoles or the PC, letting the WiiU completely fly over your radar as we said?

Great. That's what I meant when I said "little incentive to buy the console". :)

Multiplat it will have the best graphics, aside from a few bad ports.

D

Deleted_171835

@Guild McCommunist

Pretty much every 360/PS3 multiplat gets a PC release. I guess all games that released on PC too don't count as being a reason to buy the platform. We might as well count out most of the 360/PS3's library.

Considering your definition of what a console-seller is different from most people, I don't give a shit. There are lots of people that do find good platformers a reason to get a console.

Tank! Tank! Tank! looks good from recent footage.

I'm not even going to start that NSMBU argument. You're deadset with your stuborn attitude. It has a significantly different art-style, completely new levels, new power-ups, new music and more. If you think it's more of the same, you need to take your head out of your ass.

Nintendo Land looks great based on the recent footage. Most of the games look really fun to play with friends and if you don't dismiss it solely on the fact that it is a collection of minigames, you'll realize that.

I hope you realize there is a significant portion of people that only own a Wii. Whether you think they are retarded or not is irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o