Hacking Buying a refurbished/used Wii U

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your local gamestop gets a refurbished shipment..I can almost guarantee it'll be on the latest..as the emploeyes tasked with refurbishing are required to update devices. Not to mention they have to test the network card.

Robbytron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just bought 2 Wii U, 1 used from Amazon warehouse deals (30 day return) and another refurbished from Nintendo directly (no returns but 2 year warranty).

Amazon = 5.5.1
Nintendo = 5.4.0

The one from Amazon was in rough shape. Scratches, bent/worn cords, loud optical drive. The one from Nintendo looked brand new, not a mark on it, with a quiet optical drive. Also came with a game and literature. Easily upgraded to 5.1.1 for better homebrew with Paper Mario Color Splash retail disc. You could even walk into GameStop and ask to borrow a copy to upgrade with it or just "rent" a used copy and return within 7 days for full money back.

Order from Nintendo before the stock is depleted. Both units sold for $200.

Thanks for this advice. I had a family member ask me where to get one and I recommended the Nintendo refurb. It was $260 CAD for them and it showed up today. It was 5.4.0 and it looks like new (and came with a sealed copy of Nintendo Land). Now I have to figure out how to get it to 5.5.1 for them so we can install Haxchi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place