Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about that. I don't care that I issed a lot as I am not interested in OWNING those games considering I play the PS3 and Xbox with my friends.
Not only that some of their games get released on PC as well.
Does THAT make me a fucking retard?

I think NOT!

Uh, PC counts towards the "other consoles that aren't a Wii" thing, provided it's good enough to play like current gen games.

But if you only have a Wii and no Xbox 360, no PS3, and don't/can't PC game, you really should be reevaluating yourself as a gamer. I'm sorry but I was a Wii-only owner for a while and when I bought a Xbox 360, my horizons just opened up.

Reactions: 1 person
M

mario5555

@[member='Foxi4']
@[member='Guild McCommunist']

Calling the launch lineup poor is absolutely ridiculous.

In terms of GOOD exclusives at day 1 we have,
  • Rayman Legends (looks great, sequel to awesome game)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (stellar-looking platformer and the first Mario game to launch with a system since the N64)
  • Nintendo Land (actually looks promising based on recent videos)
  • Scribblenauts (only console release),
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Nano Assault Neo (first 3DS game was well-liked by critics)
Then there are the multiplatforms that are supposed to be a taste of what's to come in terms of third-party support on the Wii U.
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (not having the biggest multiplat of this year would have been a travesty)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 (which has better IQ)
  • Fifa 13 (very significant improvements utilizing the GamePad)
  • Madden NFL 13 (GamePad features so very significant improvement)
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (visual improvements)
  • Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two
  • 007 Legends
There are games designed to appeal to casual gamers
  • Just Dance 4
  • SiNG Party
  • Rabbids Land (to an extent)
  • Your Shape 2013
  • Ben 10 Omniverse
  • Game Party Champions
Ports of games that already came out. This is for the audience that only owned a Wii.
  • Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition
  • Darksiders II
If you think this is horrible, you either have an anti-Nintendo bias or you're just a troll. For a launch lineup, this is great.

I've been seriously waiting for someone to apologize for the lackluster lineup and say that it can't be beat (the general impression I get from your post)

I see rehashes and ports. Rayman is more of the same that we've already gotten, same with NSMBU a rehash of a rehash, what's that now the 4th NSMB game in how many years, must be getting pretty easy to put a new coat of paint, a smattering of new features and call it all brand new game, and charge $60 for it and have people eat it up. Both games are guilty of this right here.

Nintendo Land, welcome to mini-game central yay!!!......

Scribblenauts, I've never played, I have played another of 5th cell's games, Drawn to Life though, and if it's anything like it, oy...

Tank! Tank! Tank! looks like a hyperkentic action game (while not a bad thing) which could get real old real fast, and honestly looks nothing new that Sega already hadn't done in the last 20 years.

Nano Assault Neo's cousin Super Stardust HD says "Hi" and honestly is too niche to make a splash for mainstream consumers.

Next up, ports (multiplats, still ports no matter how you dress'em why'd you separate them from the other ports you listed below...), seriously I'm not going to even touch the ports, they aren't system sellers, and this time next year we'll know how well the AAA 3rd party support is still going strong or abandoning the platform, just like every other Nintendo platform since the N64.

Moving on....I like this comment..... :wtf:

If you think this is horrible, you either have an anti-Nintendo bias or you're just a troll. For a launch lineup, this is great.

This baffles me, no one is allowed a truthful opinion, if they believe the Nintendo Wii U launch lineup stinks. I get so annoyed reading the same crap from Nintendo Sheeple every 5-6 years because there is no defense of the systems other than well it has Nintendo's 1st party games, hell that's a majority of all they've ever had for years going for them, there were many reports from 3rd party devs that their Core software sold like crap on the Wii and they were going to drop support (this was 2 years ago these reports came out) people are hoping to cash in on what they hope is 'Lightning in a Bottle' again early on if the Wii U is as successful as the Wii, which I believe it won't be, since it doesn't have the biggest casual game of all time Wii Sports as a pack in, showcasing the system.

And frankly with a majority of those who bought a Wii burned on the idea of the system and never touching it primarily after playing it after the first few months of buying it, a vast manjority of those non-gamers will not be persuaded to pick up this one when what comes to their minds is, well I didn't play the last one much why spend $300-350 on a new one I won't use either.

Zombie U is the only game I can say that impressed me as a true system seller, Pikmin 3, just because, but again not a system seller (to me), even exclusives like Bayonetta 2 while nice to hear, might not pay off for Nintendo in the end. I'm taking a wait and see approach as I do with every Nintendo system, but right now as they've done since the N64 days they NEED to impress me and so far they have not. They barely support their systems 5 years since the N64 onwards and cut and run onto the new system when it's time to move on, this is something I've been very angry with Nintendo with for years, if Sony can support a hardware with new software past 2 years after the new system has launched, what excuse does Nintendo have for that repeat in behavior, time and again, none as far as I can see it.

I'll see ya in two years when they drop the price and actually have something I want to play, even then who knows, I still might be playing the games from this gen, I'm still not done playing with and say screw to next-gen as it's all hype and no substance.

In the interest of disclosure, I own every system from the SNES on up, and have over 150+ games combined for all of those platforms, so I don't want to hear anti-Nintendo this or troll crap coming out of your mouth in my case. Nintendo fails to impress me yet again on a system launch and yet again am I sitting here annoyed with a bunch of wankers telling me that I should take what they give cause it's Nintendo and be happy with it. Bollocks to that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the record the Wii U launch isn't bad, it's just not great. It's not on the "utter shit" levels of the 3DS, I'd put it in the same boat as the Vita's launch honestly. Although I'd prefer it a lot more if they tried something a bit more ambitious than NSMBU as their launch title, a new 3D Mario would show a lot symbolically and technically.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I disagree, I know quite a few people irl who enjoyed the Wii version, they own x360/ps3's so called hardcore gamers, also know adults and parents who also enjoyed it. Mario is big brand and the local multiplayer is huge for it believe it or not within families and friends.
Okay, you and soulx are not understanding what I said. I will re-phrase it once more.

Your friends played it, enjoyed it... and... they didn't exactly run out of their homes to buy a Wii, have they? No, they haven't, because they own a 360 or a PS3.

This is what I call the incentive factor.

Remember Wii U is a family friendly console, Wii U is a lock on for kids, parents will see the Wii branding and Mario is the biggest mascot there is. They aren't Nintendo gamers and there is a big appeal out there.

Now about core gamers, they don't see then jumping aboard, maybe a few will as some still like Nintendo franchises. I merely stated Mario is liked outside the normal Nintendo community, not that it reach out for those hardcore gamers. ;) Maybe some attraction.

Reactions: 1 person

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't really care about that. I don't care that I issed a lot as I am not interested in OWNING those games considering I play the PS3 and Xbox with my friends.

I think NOT!

Uh, PC counts towards the "other consoles that aren't a Wii" thing, provided it's good enough to play like current gen games.

But if you only have a Wii and no Xbox 360, no PS3, and don't/can't PC game, you really should be reevaluating yourself as a gamer. I'm sorry but I was a Wii-only owner for a while and when I bought a Xbox 360, my horizons just opened up.
Clearly you didn't read my post. I'm not the only freaking gamer in my family, and I don't need to own the consoles to play them, for god sake. I srsly don't need you to tell me if I'm a gamer or not. God freaking knows the wide variety of games that I play.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think NOT!

Clearly you didn't read my post.

Well if you're not interested in owning any Xbox 360/PS3 games then yeah you kinda just have a bad taste in games.

Not even going to say "Well that's your opinion bro" since it seems to be an incredible case of tunnel vision to not want to dig into the nectar of the gods that is modern gaming.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wii U is a lock on for kids.
It's not supposed to though. This is the console Nintendo designed to bring back the Core Gamer to Nintendo hardware, and if it should do anything or attract anyone then it should be exactly them. Previous Nintendo owners will get it regardless, they should focus on how to bring the other crowds to their brand, which is why we see titles like Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 on the list - well-recieved global hits. Admittedly late for the party, but they're there.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think NOT!

Clearly you didn't read my post.

Well if you're not interested in owning any Xbox 360/PS3 games then yeah you kinda just have a bad taste in games.

Not even going to say "Well that's your opinion bro" since it seems to be an incredible case of tunnel vision to not want to dig into the nectar of the gods that is modern gaming.
Oh yes, because owning the games is clearly the same shit as actually playing them. Considering I finish them all.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, because owning the games is clearly the same shit as actually playing them. Considering I finish them all.

That's a different case then. By "playing with friends" I assumed it was the occasional round of Street Fighter or something.

Although really you should get a console of your own for those big ass single player games.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

That's a different case then. By "playing with friends" I assumed it was the occasional round of Street Fighter or something.

Although really you should get a console of your own for those big ass single player games.
Never make stupid assumptions like this, it just plain makes you silly.

D

Deleted_171835

It's not supposed to though. This is the console Nintendo designed to bring back the Core Gamer to Nintendo hardware, and if it should do anything or attract anyone then it should be exactly them. Previous Nintendo owners will get it regardless, they should focus on how to bring the other crowds to their brand, which is why we see titles like Batman: Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 on the list - well-recieved global hits. Admittedly late for the party, but they're there.
Nintendo is trying to get both markets. The casual and the core. They have traditional controls and motion-controls. Core games (ZombiU, Assassin's Creed) as well as casual games (Just Dance, SiNG).

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not something I would really fight a case for, cos I don't give a damn whether it gets those core gamers nor not. I'll be happy with my HD Zelda, 3D Mario, metroid, high quality RPGs, better multiplats support over the Wii down the line when others release their next gen consoles.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not something I would really fight a case for, cos I don't give a damn whether it gets those core gamers nor not. I'll be happy with my HD Zelda, 3D Mario, metroid, high quality RPGs, better multiplats support over the Wii down the line when others release their next gen consoles.

If you wanted "high quality RPGs" then you kinda chose the wrong console.

I mean the Wii was far from a RPG haven. I mean it got like Xenoblade (which I thought was blah) and Last Story (which I haven't played) late in the game but it doesn't have the massive lists like its competitors did.

I mean it's getting ME3 which is a high quality RPG but the Wii U is the last console I'd play it on considering a lack of the last two games.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

If you wanted "high quality RPGs" then you kinda chose the wrong console.

I mean the Wii was far from a RPG haven. I mean it got like Xenoblade (which I thought was blah) and Last Story (which I haven't played) late in the game but it doesn't have the massive lists like its competitors did.

I mean it's getting ME3 which is a high quality RPG but the Wii U is the last console I'd play it on considering a lack of the last two games.
I don't plan on getting multiple consoles or giving up on HD Zelda and Metroid. Whatever good RPGs it gets is a bonus. PC + Wii U next gen. I have a 3DS and Vita for possible good RPGs in the future. ;)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nintendo is trying to get both markets. The casual and the core. They have traditional controls and motion-controls. Core games (ZombiU, Assassin's Creed) as well as casual games (Just Dance, SiNG).
As does the competition, mind you, which is why this generation brews up a very interesting battle.

There's the PS3/4 with Move, the XBox 360/720 with its Kinect and the WiiU with the Wii Motes.
There's the announced extra Vita content and connectivity, there's Microsoft SmartGlass and there's the Tablet Controller.

This will be a heated battle, so libraries are key at this point.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what the breakdown is for pre-orders: casual versus core

How exactly is Nintendo going to lure in the casuals this time? The Wii was an initial success because it was new, and you had non-traditional 'gamers' attracted to the fad of motion controls. There's no motion control fad anymore. The casual player is going to see the WiiU and think, "It's a tablet. I will just buy an iPad."

I'd like to know this because this will significantly impact system availability post-launch. It was hard-as-hell to find a Wii until the March after it launched, due to the low cost and the casuals snapping it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1