gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
God that was tl;dr. But I skimmed.

Scribblenauts is getting a PC release.

Rayman Legends, admittedly I'm a bit notorious for loving Origins (and I do), but a platformer is never aconsole seller to me. Call me shallow but I certainly won't put down $300 or so on a new platform to play a couple hour platformer.

Tank Tank Tank looked like shit from the demo I saw. Very dull looking.

NSMBU, again, look at my Rayman mention and I really don't care much for the franchise any more. It's not that it's bad, it's just not really mind blowing. It seems very "safe", to borrow a word from Game Grumps. It doesn't really try much, it's serviceable but predictable. Like the 3D Mario platformers take some huge strides and chances. Super Mario 64, revolutionary without even needing to bring up why. Sunshine, admittedly I think it's an utter shit game, but at least it tried something new than resurfacing SM64. Galaxy, a 3D platformer for the record books that took the franchise in a very positive direction. While SMG2 was admittedly just kinda a cash-in, it introduced a lot (like some really fun 2D levels) to make it stand out.

Nintendo Land looks boring. I don't like mini game compilations. I don't play mini game compilations. I don't buy consoles for them. I may play a game of Mario Party or WarioWare once in a blue moon with friends but I don't think the genre is very good at all. Nintendo Land feels like another glorified tech demo with boring games.

The rest are multiplats (which I'll just buy on my Xbox 360) or crap.

Also if you "only owned a Wii" for that generation you are literally retarded.
Super NES says hi. But then again, it was bundled. XD

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's just a shitty thing to say. Maybe they don't have the money for another one? Maybe other reasons completely? I only own a Wii(though, to be honest, I have a crapton of current gen things on my PC through Steam).

Reactions: 3 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you forget about those exclusives I just mentioned? Including A FULL-FEATURED MARIO GAME (...)
At this point I almost stopped reading. When will it get through to people that this only applies to people who own Nintendo hardware? If someone was interested in Mario games, he or she would've probably bought a Wii earlier.
An amazing looking sequel to a great platformer
Rayman Legends does look promising, I'll give you that.
A compilation of fun multiplayer games...
...If you're talking about Nintendo Land, then I'm simply going to say that this is the equivalent of Wii Sports on the Wii and leave it there. Not an incentive to buy a console for any person that doesn't own Nintendo hardware nor is attached to Nintendo franchises, which is the kind of audience Nintendo wanted back to begin with when they announced the WiiU.
...and three other promising games. And in the period short after launch, we have BAYONETTA 2, Monster Hunter, Pikmin 3 and more!
You have Bayonetta 2, an enhanced port/remake of a PSP game (Monster Hunter) and Pikimin 3 - a game interesting only to previous Gamecube owners, and not even all of them.

Sorry, but your point isn't as good as you think it is.

I already said that it's a better launch than that of the 3DS or the Vita, what more do you want? Nobody's going to rub Nintendo's ego here - not all of the games are stellar and you know it.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excuse me? What if I didn't want to own another console? What if I was content with all the things I had? What If I don't have the same taste as you do?
This is a completely shitty argument.

Reactions: 5 people

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@[member='Foxi4']
@[member='Guild McCommunist']

Calling the launch lineup poor is absolutely ridiculous.

In terms of GOOD exclusives at day 1 we have,
  • Rayman Legends (looks great, sequel to awesome game)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U (stellar-looking platformer and the first Mario game to launch with a system since the N64)
  • Nintendo Land (actually looks promising based on recent videos)
  • Scribblenauts (only console release),
  • Tank! Tank! Tank!
  • Nano Assault Neo (first 3DS game was well-liked by critics)

There is also:
  • Zombie U :)

Other exclusives, that are not day one, but still awesome:
  • Pikmin 3
  • The Wonderfull 101
  • Bayonetta 2

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Excuse me? What if I didn't want to own another console? What If I don't havethe same taste as you do?
He makes a good point though - by owning only a Wii, you missed on a lot of multiplatform releases, as well as specific exclusives which is surely what he meant.

I also only own a Wii (suprise, suprise!), I'm a person that "catches up" later with the console generations and I'm in no hurry, but I play on the PC as well, so it never got in the way of my gaming.

D

Deleted_171835

@[member='Foxi4']

I've already told you multiple times that Mario games don't only appeal to Nintendo gamers (which is a ridiculous thing to say). There is no way NSMB would have sold $25+ million if that was the case. Honestly if I had to guess why you think this, I would think it's a byproduct of Sega's decline and your love of Sonic over Mario.

The fact that Nintendo Land features Nintendo franchises doesn't mean it only appeals to Nintendo gamers. The concepts behind the games look genuinely fun.

Bayonetta 2, the sequel to an amazing game that was previously thought to be dead.

Monster Hunter isn't a port/remake of a PSP game. Do some research before claiming such non-sense.

And there you go with Pikmin 3 only "appealing to Nintendo gamers" (or this time Gamecube owners). Such a shallow thing to say. Did MGS2/3 only appeal to PS1 owners, because MGS1 came out on the PS1?

Am I saying all the games are stellar? No, I'm not. I'm saying that the launch lineup is good considering it's well a launch-lineup.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already told you multiple times that Mario games don't only appeal to Nintendo gamers (which is a ridiculous thing to say). There is no way NSMB would have sold $25+ million if that was the case. Honestly if I had to guess why you think this, I would think it's a byproduct of Sega's decline and your love of Sonic over Mario.

Of course it does. How else would these gamers buy the game if they didn't own a Nintendo console?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've already told you multiple times that Mario games don't only appeal to Nintendo gamers (which is a ridiculous thing to say). There is no way NSMB would have sold $25+ million if that was the case. Honestly if I had to guess, I would think this attitude is a byproduct of Sega's decline and your love of Sonic over Mario.
:blink:

Really...? That's going to be your line of argumentation? That I'm sad for SEGA? I'm sorry, I have a life. I don't identify with franchises to that degree, thank you very much.

As for Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, I'm pretty sure it's Monster Hunter 3rd with a face-lift, but you're free to correct me.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm curious about the Steam-like online system that Nintendo was supposed to be working on....

I hope that it turns to be functional ....some pc ports and indie/small developers games wouldn't hurt too..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Of course it does. How else would these gamers buy the game if they didn't own a Nintendo console?
Stellar logic, thank you very much.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

:blink:

Really...? That's going to be your line of argumentation? That I'm sad for SEGA? I'm sorry, I have a life. I don't identify with franchises to that degree, thank you very much.

As for Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate, I'm pretty sure it's Monster Hunter 3rd with a face-lift, but you're free to correct me.
It's just an observation based on your fervent hate of Mario platformers. Way to cherry-pick one part of my argument.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is based off Tri for the Wii, not Portable 3rd. And it has more than enough additions to justify its existence.

Tri G

# Small Monsters: 22
# Large Monsters: 50
# Total Monsters: 72

Tri

# Small Monsters: 17
# Large Monsters: 18
# Total Monsters: 35

Some of the improvements,
  • Improved camera control (target camera)
  • Bottom screen can be customized for info, menus, etc.
  • Improved graphics (resolution bump, better shadows, etc.)
  • New areas (Mountain Stream comes back)
  • High-Rank quests now available, Bracchidios first appears here
...and more

He means gamers that primarily/only buy Nintendo. This isn't the first time Foxi4 has said that Mario games only appeal to people that like Nintendo games which is absolutely foolish. Maybe you just like good platformers.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see, so it's *not* Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it's Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate? Waaay to screw up the naming, Capcom.

As for Mario platformers, I did enjoy New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii, actually. I just don't find it to be an appealing exclusive for people outside of the Nintendo circle. Your accusations of me hating on Nintendo because it's Nintendo are ludicrous, especially given my history of console purchases. :P

D

Deleted_171835

I see, so it's *not* Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, it's Monster Hunter Tri Ultimate? Waaay to screw up the naming, Capcom.

As for Mario platformers, I did enjoy New Super Mario Bros. on the Wii, actually. I just don't find it to be an appealing exclusive for people outside of the Nintendo circle. Your accusations of me hating on Nintendo because it's Nintendo are ludicrous, especially given my history of console purchases. :P
I'm not accusing you of hating Nintendo. I'm saying that you show a very apparent hate for Mario in multiple threads which never made much sense to me.

It's okay to not find Mario games very appealing. But it's not okay to say that Mario games only appeal to Nintendo-oriented gamers and state it as a fact.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

I disagree, I know quite a few people irl who enjoyed the Wii version, they own x360/ps3's so called hardcore gamers, also know adults and parents who also enjoyed it. Mario is big brand and the local multiplayer is huge for it believe it or not within families and friends.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I disagree, I know quite a few people irl who enjoyed the Wii version, they own x360/ps3's so called hardcore gamers, also know adults and parents who also enjoyed it. Mario is big brand and the local multiplayer is huge for it believe it or not within families and friends.
Okay, you and soulx are not understanding what I said. I will re-phrase it once more.

Your friends played it, enjoyed it... and... they didn't exactly run out of their homes to buy a Wii, have they? No, they haven't, because they own a 360 or a PS3.

This is what I call the incentive factor.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about the Steam-like online system that Nintendo was supposed to be working on....

I hope that it turns to be functional ....some pc ports and indie/small developers games wouldn't hurt too..

By "Steam-like" you mean "like every other online system".

Steam's unique features are most likely staying on Steam, like Greenlight, mod support, etc.

gamefan5

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Excuse me? What if I didn't want to own another console? What If I don't havethe same taste as you do?
He makes a good point though - by owning only a Wii, you missed on a lot of multiplatform releases, as well as specific exclusives which is surely what he meant.

I also only own a Wii (suprise, suprise!), I'm a person that "catches up" later with the console generations and I'm in no hurry, but I play on the PC as well, so it never got in the way of my gaming.
I don't really care about that. I don't care that I issed a lot as I am not interested in OWNING those games considering I play the PS3 and Xbox with my friends.
Not only that some of their games get released on PC as well.
Does THAT make me a fucking retard?

I think NOT!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1