Gamestop has sold out preorder deluxe Wii U stock nationwide

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, so many Nintendo haters on this forum...but then again, it's not surprising.
LMAO how are we ninty haters? We're all laughing at the fact it's selling already even with the poor launch list

What's so poor about the launch list? ZombiU and Scribblenauts look great. And there's AC, ME3, Batman.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, so many Nintendo haters on this forum...but then again, it's not surprising.
LMAO how are we ninty haters? We're all laughing at the fact it's selling already even with the poor launch list

What's so poor about the launch list? ZombiU and Scribblenauts look great. And there's AC, ME3, Batman.
are you kidding me nintendo land and a shitload of sw, batman played already on pc, Scribblenauts same old shit as last, zombieU lame the rest just multiplat titles that have been out for ages already not 1 game in the launch list interests me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1 exclusive, one multiplat, three games already released/are releasing earlier.

10/10 would launch again. Not that consoles are rated on their exclusives but I've already played ME3, already played Batman, I can play AC a month earlier, and can get Scribblenauts on the PC. Not that ZombiU looks bad or anything but I'm not gonna buy a console for another zombie game.

Reactions: 2 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm afraid I gotta agree with Guild here - there's not enough incentive to buy a new console when most of the content can be played on the existing consoles. For the WiiU to properly take off, the PS3 and the 360 would have to die a horrible death.

The WiiU is, for the most part, a console for die-hard Wii owners, allowing them to catch up with the current generation and top it by a small margin.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Because there are the following people here on the Temp:

1 - People bitching about the lack of storage on the Wii U and refuse to acknowledge the option of expanding said storage/memory
2 - People bitching about the lack of decent launch titles when the list of game available day one are better than the Wii's launch library
3 - People bitching that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive and yet when exclusives are released on other consoles but Nintendo's they seem fine with it
4 - People bitching about the console being "overpriced" when $300/350 is perfectly reasonable for next gen hardware.

People either need to read the facts and be able to back up their arguments or shut the f*** up about it.

Reactions: 11 people

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Did not expect that, personally for me as long as the killer app game for it hasn't come out yet, I probably wont be getting it. I got a Wii because of Brawl at first, then I enjoyed a lot of other games. I'm hoping the Wii U can give me that later on.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well developers will take notice if it sells well, The problem is they'll probably just pull the same shit they did on the wii and we will get a ass ton of "Imagine Hemorrhoids" and "Cancerous Games" type of games. I just hope that maybe the change in controller will provoke something more..... I don't know.... Entertaining to the more dedicated gamer. You know some more "hardcore" titles like ZombiiU or maybe a proper console sequel to Crystal Chronicles with online multiplayer and local 4 player WiiU controller support?

I still plan to get one down the line because of the First Party support Nintendo have always given their hardware but I doubt I'll have the money to get a launch one as I am currently job hunting among other things as it is so the lack of preorders thing is no big deal to me, not to mention this is just Gamestop/EBGames's preoders there are still lots of walmart and toysrus type retailers out there who offer preordering.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

are you kidding me nintendo land and a shitload of sw, batman played already on pc, Scribblenauts same old shit as last, zombieU lame the rest just multiplat titles that have been out for ages already not 1 game in the launch list interests me.

Oh I also forgot Darksiders, I'm looking forward to most of these (only ones I don't really care abut is Batman and ME, just because you already played most of the list and somehow think Scribblenauts is the same despite that fact that there have been several major changes (OpenWorld, Object Editor) don't be one of those kinds of people who assume because they don't like some games, its automatically shit.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, let's break it down...

Because there are the following people here on the Temp:

1 - People bitching about the lack of storage on the Wii U and refuse to acknowledge the option of expanding said storage/memory The argument was (as I recall) over whether or not people were forced to take that option by the system's low storage, not whether or not the option existed at all.
2 - People bitching about the lack of decent launch titles when the list of game available day one are better than the Wii's launch library Better than the Wii's doesn't automatically equal good or enticing. Plus, many of the system's launch titles are ports of older games. That's great if you never got a chance to play them, but if you have, then what's the point? Besides, it's worth pointing out that a lot of the people complaining about the launch lineup have made it clear that they still intend to buy the Wii U - just not at launch. Pfft, haters, rights?
3 - People bitching that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive and yet when exclusives are released on other consoles but Nintendo's they seem fine with it ...because these people own those consoles. So, uh, mystery solved? Anyway, I can easily understand why seeing a franchise jump consoles could be a bit frustrating and annoying. The backlash on some other websites has been pretty extreme, but people on GBAtemp have generally been pretty reasonable and civil over the whole thing.
4 - People bitching about the console being "overpriced" when $300/350 is perfectly reasonable for next gen hardware. $300/$350 isn't exactly cheap, either. With the 360 and PS3 still receiving a healthy supply of releases, a lot of people feel that there's no gripping incentive to take the plunge... yet. As the console builds up its library and gains word of mouth, that could easily change.

People either need to read the facts and be able to back up their arguments or shut the f*** up about it. The classiest way to end a post, guaranteed!

Reactions: 6 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
most of the content can be played on the existing consoles.
and they are ?
The fun games out of the lot - Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City, Alien: Colonial Marines*, Assassin's Creed 3*, and so on. (*to be released as Multiplat)

The only two exclusive titles that can bring in a large audience to the WiiU are Bayonetta 2 and Rayman Legends, and two games really aren't that much. The rest is composed of multiplatform games (do not require you to buy the WiiU specifically, since they will be released on other consoles or the PC), games specifically for the Nintendo fanbase (Nintendoland, not to look far) and games that already are on the two competing consoles.

Sorry Valw, but there's really not much firepower behind that launch. It's heck of a lot better than the 3DS and Vita launches, I'll give you that, but still.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay yes, it's true that the backlash for the Wii U exclusives hasn't been as bad on here as on other websites (1Up....don't go there or on YouTube if you wish to retain your IQ levels). People want Nintendo to have more third party support and better ports, and yet, when Nintendo's console gets those games, they get all pissed off when they get exclusives and enhanced ports? I fail to see the logic there. At least USB HDDs can be used and not some POS proprietary hard drive that costs $500 to upgrade; expandable memory is a real boon nowadays. If people can afford the console, people can sure as heck afford a portable hard drive.

Nintendo finally got online gaming right, they finally got the third party support they so desperately needed, and yet, people are bitching left and right that Nintendo has the balls to make an HD console with a large emphasis on online capabilities to compete with the other companies.

Were the PS3 and Xbox 360 launches any better? Yeah, I didn't think so either.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@[member='the_randomizer']

You're missing the point - the public expected those releases on a regular basis, not a good few months late. People want Nintendo to move on with the times and get current releases, not the ones everybody played already. Right now, it just looks like the WiiU recieves reheated burgers, and that always causes controversy.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of the content can be played on the existing consoles.
and they are ?
Mass Effect 3, Batman: Arkham City, Alien: Colonial Marines*, Assassin's Creed 3*, and so on. (*to be released as Multiplat)
I get what you're trying to say with those two 1 year old ports
Mass Effect 3,
Batman: Arkham City,

But
Alien: Colonial Marines*,
Assassin's Creed 3*,

They are multiplatform but so what? I get to play them in my next gen system the wiiu; I don't see any problem with this.

The wiiu launch games are looking good way better that the 3DS launch

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They are multiplatform but so what? I get to play them in my next gen system the wiiu; I don't see any problem with this.
That wasn't my point - what I said was that they're not incentive to buy a new console for an average gamer that already has a PS3 or a 360 since they'll be able to play them on their consoles.

Right now, the WiiU is mostly a purchase for those who missed out on some of the content of this generation by buying a Wii - the real good times for the WiiU are still ahead, when Microsoft and Sony will still be working on their nextgens and the developers will use more resources on the WiiU versions of their games, later downporting them to the PS3 and 360.

I do agree that this is a far better launch than that of the 3DS or the Vita though, there's actually stuff the average gamer would want to play among the mix.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else worried that Rayman and most of the other third party exclusives will sell poorly and possibly kill their series?
I don't think that many people are complaining about the online component but the amount of ports and lack of exclusives. Then again I might be wrong and honestly people will always complain even over the smallest of things. The internet giving everyone a voice is both a curse and a blessing.

Reactions: Rasas

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are multiplatform but so what ? i get to play them in my next gen system the wiiu i dont see any problem with this.
That wasn't my point - what I said was that they're not incentive to buy a new console for an average gamer that already has a PS3 or a 360 since they'll be able to play them on their consoles.

Right now, the WiiU is mostly a purchase for those who missed out on some of the content of this generation by buying a Wii - the real good times for the WiiU are still ahead, when Microsoft and Sony will still be working on their nextgens and the developers will use more resources on the WiiU versions of their games, later downporting them to the PS3 and 360.

I do agree that this is a far better launch than that of the 3DS or the Vita though, there's actually stuff the average gamer would want to play among the mix.

Must people that have a wii have the other two consoles? I am one of them, the incentive is I get to play those games in my new Next gen console, the Wiiu.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To make matters worse, there is an all too apparent lack of component video support; those who wish to use stereo systems with HDMI are outright SOL.

And about rereleases and ports, at least the Wii U doesn't have an RROD-equivalent error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over