GameCube translations: overview, progress, and recruitment

What 2 games do you most want translated?

• Donkey Konga 3

• Kururin Squash!

• Giftopia

• Homeland

• Animal Crossing e+

• Nintendo Puzzle Collection

• The Legendary Quiz Championship

• Mr. Driller: Drill Land

Results are only viewable after voting.

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all many congrats for an amazing translation job of Kururin. Truly amazing :D Just wondering, would the game Mr Driller technically be able to be translated in a similar way as it isn't mentioned in your ongoing translation projects?
Didnt know it was rereleased. Stuck myself still at the mid 2000s :D

• Haha
Reactions: NewGBAXL

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
My Kururin Squash! translation is finished! The xdelta patch is hosted on this repository along with a Gecko Code to fix text formatting. The translation will continue to be maintained for the foreseeable future.
Just tried the final 2.0.0 translation - wow, what can we say? this is translation to the point of ultimate perfection :D Thank a lot for all your and Dimedime-d's work, highly appreciated! put the same love into Mr Driller please, hehe, only the menu buttons being translated would be sufficient :D

• Love

NewGBAXL

Professional Helirin Pilot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres an english translation of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure JPN was wondering if theres a xdelta patch for it?
whoops missed your post
here's their Discord
https://discord.gg/qCMwztpyvb
Post automatically merged:

Just tried the final 2.0.0 translation - wow, what can we say? this is translation to the point of ultimate perfection :D Thank a lot for all your and Dimedime-d's work, highly appreciated! put the same love into Mr Driller please, hehe, only the menu buttons being translated would be sufficient :D
so I was a little hesitant on starting a Mr. Driller Drill Land translation, due to another individual by the name of TheArcadeStriker already starting one and losing access to the original work in progress files.

Right now I am getting the project structure done and marking what needs to be edited - general prework before I actually start. I took a look at the remaster, and the developers took the "easy" approach of overlaying raw text instead of making actual texture edits. Due to the game using some FMV cutscenes I will be using Dolphin Subtitles (fork) by PTWr for overlaying text during the cutscenes (only works on Dolphin Emulator), but everything else should be actual in-game edits.
I will focus on the menus first since they seem to be most important.

The actual translation uses standard editing tools and would be a great way for beginners to get into romhacking and translation. The actual text wording will be from the remaster so no Japanese knowledge needed, although I will proofread and make adjustments to the official as necessary. If you'd like to help we'd love to have you and you can work at your own pace.

GitHub once the menu translation is published: https://github.com/DOL-Translations/drill-land

Hope that made sense and I can clarify if you need.

Last edited by NewGBAXL,
  • Love
Reactions: zfreeman and skx7

skx7

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to help if you are willing to teach :) Wonderful news! Reaching out to you very soon! Amazing news, thanks!

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the advantage of the Japanese release over its counterparts?
Four Swords GC JP had an extra game included, Tetra's Trackers, that required a similar hardware setup to play. Everything was voice acted, including the player name (using Japanese characters)

TT is almost like a multiboot game and can be made into its own separate ROM
In the Four Swords Plus Discord they can help you get setup with the thing you prefer, whether English modded Four Swords Plus + TT translation, or just standalone TT.

Reactions: zfreeman

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there!!!

How's the progress for translate the great Nintendo Puzzle Collection game for the GCN?

I'd like to play again Dr. Mario and Yoshi's Cookie in English in the GC/Wii :D
the Panel de Pon people translated the PdP part but have no interest in the rest. Our NPC translation is currently put on hold due to how the game is set up. The games are ports of N64 games (some unreleased) and as such have non-standard file setups. A lot of the stuff is in the src code. I'd be happy to start up work on it but I'd either have to learn more about file reverse engineering or find someone who can.

NewGBAXL

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Giftopia.
That one's been attempted several times in the past, and if I could have access to some of those it would help tremendously. This translation isn't for the faint of heart lol.
These people got all of the textures done, and it would be really nice if I could have a copy of that patch.
And this one: a Giftpia_ENG_Base.rar file that supposedly has dev tools and some file mods. Again, this would help a lot too if anyone has access.
Oh and here's all the text for the game translated online.
Finally, there's a Discord I was in names "Nanashi Island" but I have since left and can't find the invite, if anyone has it that would also really help.

I would love to work on the project, however I would greatly prefer work with some others who have already made some progress in which I can lend mine for whatever areas they need, as opposed to me do it myself and then get burnout while not getting as far as those other attempts.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto