ROM Hack Game Center CX : Arino no Chosenjo 2 (New Start?)

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, that's fine. I'll gather a bunch up and try to patch it in the next day or so. If you want, can you message me with all that. It might be easier to get it all in one place.

The support bar should be in English...I might have not used the right file from the repository when compiling. I'll look at that later.

Oh. the site still works on my end...odd. Once the initial wave of hits passes I'm sure things will settle down.

joek0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Aaron! Are you planning on buying the strategy guide? I am considering it, but never ordered from Amazon JP before. Anyone have good experience buying from Amazon JP and getting it shipped to the US? I used Play Asia before and liked their service, but they are sold out of the guide. Is it worth buying from Amazon JP as a US customer?

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't really commented much during this thread, but I have been following it from the sidelines.

Firstly, happy birthday Aaron! And congratulations on completing this project! I can't wait to play the fruits of everyone's efforts!
Secondly, thank you for the mention in the FAQ! I didn't really expect it, thank you so much!

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wow... I made sure the site was extra light to avoid crashing the server and people still managed to do it? I can barely imagine how many people accessed it at a given time to do that... we are getting 1 hit every 5 SECONDS and it's still going okay right now. Oh well. You crazy internet people. :P

Happy birthday Aaron... and now I'll be off to actually play the game!

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, happy birthday man. Have a good time with friends and family if you can.

Also, I know everybody is focusing on the text itself, but if you can keep an eye on any graphical errors,
please make sure to keep us posted so we can fix them in future patches, just like the grammatical stuff.

Good work everyone. :D Congrats.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man! Happy birthday and thanks for keeping your word on this. It means a lot not to just me, but everyone on this site!

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Good job on finally finishing the patch.

I think I might've gotten an outdated(?)/in-progress-of-being-updated version of the site when I first loaded it, the patch link led to www.test.com. There was also some mention about the Tanney/Tanii issue but it seems to be gone now, something about it still needing to be fixed in the magazines?

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good job on finally finishing the patch.

I think I might've gotten an outdated(?)/in-progress-of-being-updated version of the site when I first loaded it, the patch link led to www.test.com. There was also some mention about the Tanney/Tanii issue but it seems to be gone now, something about it still needing to be fixed in the magazines?
My fault. Pretend that didn't exist.

PS: Hell, you got in on a very narrow window of 5 minutes.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is this where you can report typos and other fixes? If so, I'll add some when I run across them.

-The manual refers to the main character in Wiz-Man as Wizzun, but chatting with young Arino refers to him as Wizan. The second challenge text refers to him as Wizun as well.

-The "call a friend" phonecalls seem to be noticeably typoridden based on the 2 I've checked so far and there's a number of text overruns. One of them also refers to JoycoLand with its old name, WakuWaku Boy.

-The phrasing "What does Wizan take to the top of the tower?" sounds kinda awkward on top of page 11 in the 3rd GameFan, I assume it's meant to say "What does it take for Wizan to get to the top of the tower?"

-One of the chats with young Arino talking about America's view of Japan in Mutekiken has some overruns, "In Kung Fu, you can see their weir American view of Japan" and "And they probably don't have hou parties that often."

-One of the screenshots in the Mutekiken manual still has the old Japanese screenshot showing an untranslated move name, page 11 to be exact.

-The fourth GameFan's top charts on page 14 refer to Haggleman with its Japanese name, Karakuri Ninja, instead of Robot Ninja.

Reactions: AndrewRoks1998

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
I'll check the phone conversations. I remember patching it up but I'll look for WakuWakuBoy and go from there.

For Wiz-Man I think it is Wizan because there is a comment they got lazy and named him after the title of the game without the "M"

Thanks, I'll jot this down.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I think "cameo" was one of the overrunning words in that same text that talked about WakuWaku Boy, I don't recall the typos in the first dialogue. Will try to remember to note the major ones, I'll update previous post with them.

HBidoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, Happy Birthday, Aaron! :grog::toot::grog:

And thank you so much for all you time and efforts on this amazing project!

I hope i'll manage to find some time to play and help with the testing this week.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
The spacing around exclamation points (!) seems to be somewhat uneven, based on a reading of the first magazine. Sometimes the French style is used, with space before punctuation ("Hello, my name is John !") where standard English doesn't use a space there. Then again, sometimes it's not, sometimes on a single page, e.g. on page 11 in the first GameFan is the following:

He will not lend you one out of sympathy!
That is the wrong way of thinking !
Just take your turn and play! Your
friend will be surprised!

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back when I had a working flash cart I actually played and beat this in Japanese. (shoulda imported a copy but was waiting for a US version)
Now to boot up an emulator and try it again eh? xD
Really wish someone would make an American equivalent just to capture the 80s and 90s over here. :3
I love how the Game Center CX game lets you read the game magazines and all but its all based around Japan which wasn't all that different but the other regions had their own unique experience too.
Was also sad the games never had any psuedo 3D type games but eh, still really good stuff.

Thanks for the patch its wonderful to see it make it to completion!
Can't thank you enough.

Now to finally figure out what all that dialog was lol

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Vague Rant> That might be due to some of the exclamation points being double byte. I'll check that.

AnotherGamer> I'm fixing up the Waku Waku Boy text now (there were a few places were I found it). I'm still tracking down the Wizan/Wizun/Wizzan text, though. I'm also trying to fix up your conversation issues. This should all be updated in the next patch release. Actually, can you message me here with all your issues. I'm going to get lost with all the little updates at this rate. The gmail account I opened for this project has almost 500 email messages already. Many are just thanks but there are bug fix requests in there too. Some people have already beat the entire game. Yowch, that's dedication.

Celitar> As per your messages I fixed up *most* of those issues already.

I'm so happy people in Brazil and Chile are writing about this patch...even though I have no idea what they're saying.

We're on the front page of Tiny Cartridge right now, too, though that isn't much of a surprise. Also, the GCCX Tumblr.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.