1. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

United States
    Well Jools would like your contact email, and I'm sure he'd be willing to wait until it was far more polished.

I was just saying there was interest if you're willing to pursue that route.

2. Aaron Chmielowiec

OP Aaron Chmielowiec Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses

I have a twitter account I used for my pet robot so I posted with that. We can talk about it, sure. Ultimately if this gets released on the eShop in theory that is a very good (and legal) thing if you can snag the original rights from Bandai-Namco and Fuji-TV. Something is nagging me about someone else profiting off of something we here all did for free, though.

3. Mirby

United States
    Well ultimately it's up to you whether or not you want to pursue the eShop route or just keep it free and available like this. Just passing along the info haha

4. MarkDarkness

MarkDarkness Deliverator

Poland
    It's very convenient for someone to stroll along with a proposal like that at this point... the patch is already doing absurdly well without any external help other than the efforts of the community.

5. richterw

richterw Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
  6. Mirby

United States
    All he wants is to ensure this gets to as many people as possible. Nothing wrong with that.

7. AndrewRoks1998

Newcomer

United States
    I've come across quite a few bugs/typos/whatnot while playing this game. Here's some screenshots of the problems, with a .TXT file that gives details for each screenshot/problem.

Use these links if you'd prefer to view the images online: Image Gallery, Readme.txt
    Use this link if you'd prefer to download the images: RGC2 Bugs and Typos.rar

If I come across more problems, I'll likely make another "pack" like this. Let's make this translation the best it can be!! KACHO ON!!

Edit: I just remembered another problem: Arino doesn't say "dude" nearly enough. (Just kidding :P)

Calitar likes this.
  8. Aaron Chmielowiec

Ooh, that helps quite a bit. Is this the version 1.0 patch? I've made a mess of changes already so some of those I've already fixed but that helps me tremendously.

I've listed up the other text errors and I'll tackle those tonight. I may release 1.0.2 tonight but I'm not sure if I should wait for the graphics team first or not. Their stuff is pretty major but it is all under control.

9. AndrewRoks1998

Newcomer

United States
    The patch I used was the latest version on the site, 1.0.1.

10. Aaron Chmielowiec

Thanks. I try to work through it tonight.

If I don't finish it all I may wait until the graphics team finishes with some of the graphics. I have more than enough for a new patch already but I'll see what happens.

Your feedback is appreciated.

AndrewRoks1998 likes this.
  11. Aaron Chmielowiec

Um, I noticed a very odd issue with XDelta. Even though it makes the patches and they work all right, I noticed in a very specific case it wasn't giving the exact result I wanted. In particular I fixed up a phone conversation dialogue. The corrected one should be:

Oh yeah. There's a Wiz-man
    cameo in Cosmic Gate, too.

But the one on-screen has weird newlines and alignment:

Oh yeah. There's a Wiz-man cam(eo) <-eo is cut off
    in Cosmic Gate, too.

I know it has the rest of the conversations, even the Waku Waku Boy->JoycoLand correction in that same conversation, fine and dandy and nothing else looks out of place, but I wonder what would cause that. Is there any good alternative to XDelta I can try?

Okay, that was easy. There are actually two separate files in the game for a specific phone conversation and they are the exact same thing. I just needed to update both. How silly. This is what I get for working at 2AM

AndrewRoks1998> I updated/fixed the other errors reported to me tonight but I haven't had a chance to go through all of yours yet. Sorry about that. I want to put the rest of yours in the next update along with the new graphics in the next day or so. I'd start some of it now but at this hour my accuracy is bound to waver.

AndrewRoks1998 and Nightwish like this.
  12. cubeboy

cubeboy Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I would agree, but I'm also not the one that put a TON of effort into this release, so my opinion shouldn't hold too much value. I just know that I wouldn't personally release it as an official thing, unless there was enough of a financial benefit to do so, and I would imagine that this game would provide little value as an official release. Let's be honest, the first game didn't sell very well, and the second one probably wouldn't do that well either since it's a VERY niche market that it would sell too: retro gamers that know about a Japanese only television show, that own Nintendo DS/3DS systems, or people that liked RGM1, and overheard somewhere that a RGM2 was released.

Again, just my two cents as someone who didn't commit any time to the project, so feel free to ignore it :)

13. AndrewRoks1998

Newcomer

United States
    Honestly, I don't care much when you finish it, as long as you actually do. :lol:
    As Shigeru Miyamoto once said: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
    ...Well, I guess in your situation you could just patch it again, but y'know :P

14. Ryushikaze

Ryushikaze Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I check back on this thread after a week to see it's finally been completed, hooray!

But I can't download it right now because Filetrip is blocked at my job, Boo!

15. Espiox

Espiox Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey, congrats on finishing the translation! You did a fantastic job!

As for Jools' eShop proposal, there's no harm in talking to him, right? I'd love an official way to play this on my 3DS.

16. Autism Gamer

Autism Gamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This translation is great works fine on my DSi.
    HNI_0100.JPG HNI_0001.JPG

There is a awkward little space in the challenge game info.

17. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    I think we should follow the naming conventions from the original game.
    The magazines should be easy to fix, but the game itself will be a bit harder? I hope it's only a single part to change since it's a letter substitution.

18. Autism Gamer

Autism Gamer Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I want screenshots of the Game Computer Mini and Color screens so I can make them into borders for Gameyob (a game boy emulator).

19. Aaron Chmielowiec

Autism Gamer> First, that's great. I'm glad it's working for you.

Second, about that "space", that's actually because the apostrophe is a double byte one. (’) There are no single byte apostrophe's in that font used in the magazines, manuals and challenges. I've been trying to hack one in but so far no luck. I might try replacing a character that is there that I never use with one to see if that works.

Third, if you want to extract the graphics, get "Tinke" and open the ROM image. You should be able to extract everyone you want from the game. Well, all of us working on it did, anyway.

And for everyone, the Epilogue slideshow is underway. Everything is going smoothly but it will take some time to work through them all. There are some beautiful images in there, and there are even more beautiful ones on the web I see (full size ones of the art in the game)

Edit> Large, so I'll just link them:
    http://aaronin.jp/shashin/arino2/gqsart.jpg
    http://aaronin.jp/shashin/arino2/kachoart.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand

I assume that font is lcfont_10_05.dat? If so its 1bpp width 8 and height 12. CrystalTile2 seems to view it fine theres 2 bytes before each glpyh which is the sjis code for the character... should't be too hard to add a new glyph or replace one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Chosenjo, Center, Arino