ROM Hack Game Center CX : Arino no Chosenjo 2 (New Start?)

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, I'll PM you more updates once I come across more of them. Being able to beat the game already isn't that surprising, the challenges don't really require you to play the games all that far and from what I recall, there's none of the stupidly tedious ones the first game had like that those goddamned Haggleman 3 ones that required you to beat a large part of the first level multiple times.

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Yeah, I think the longest challenge prior to "Beat all 9 games" is one of the GQS ones because it makes you grind and level up to get enough Ducats, etc. and then head down three floors of the Tower.

While I work through the text issues I'll let the GFX guys handle a few of the GFX issues that were found (and there were literally only 3; the support bar in the Game Shop, a screenshot in the 3rd magazine on page 3 that has the Mutekiken title in Japanese and the very end of the 2nd Adventure that shows 完 (The End/Fin) after you let the credits roll to the end)

Reactions: richterw

Rothiseph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Happy Birthday Aaron! And congrats, amazing that it's actually now out there! I've a big pile of games still on my To Play list, so I may hold off for a bit until some of the harder-to-find things get patched - but I'll keep a close eye on how things are coming along on here / the new site. :) Cheers again man, absolutely unreal that this has become a reality. Incredible amounts of props and Internet Points heading your way!

OldPoem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Happy Birthday Aaron! It is really nice patch and felt like pro job.

Found one typo in Adventure game though. When you handed business card to Urakawa, it said "Handed Business card to Ishikawa" instead.

richterw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What can i say? Thats the end of a journey, man. Looking for every post, every picture, just waiting for that precious patch to be released. That´s one hell of agood game, and now its perfect, with english and all.
Really great work. I just entered the forum today and WOOOOW! THE PATCH WAS RELEASED!
sorry for the errors in my english, but im just too excited to use google translate.
And Happy birthday for you, Aaron! I hope you get all you want in your life, you deserve the best, brother.

coredecepts

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. Now to import and figure out what flashcard to get for my DSlite.

Thank you so, so much. The original GCCX is one of the best DS games and I never thought I'd be able to play the sequel in English.

Magitek111

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with the patch. I don't even know what patcher works with a .patch file. I tried xDeltaGUI, but after clicking "Apply Patch", nothing happens, even after waiting, and the game isn't patched, either. Plus I can't open the readme since I don't have whatever program opens a .FAQ file.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having a problem with the patch. I don't even know what patcher works with a .patch file. I tried xDeltaGUI, but after clicking "Apply Patch", nothing happens, even after waiting, and the game isn't patched, either. Plus I can't open the readme since I don't have whatever program opens a .FAQ file.
xdeltaGui should be the program you need, and you can just rename the faq file to .txt and open it in notepad.

fedprod

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The .FAQ is simply a textfile, so drop it in your standard run of the mill text editor.
And on the site is a Download for a XDeltaGUI version that at least works here, but yea, it does not output a message if successfull ^^"

Edit: Ninja'd by mere seconds, or at least the message alert said so ^^"

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
OldPoem> Yowza! I'll fix that right away...and, done.

Yeah, I currently have about 60 fixes to the game in various parts. There are a handful of graphics issues but I'll have to let those guys handle it.

Everything is getting into much better shape and fast.

Oh, and for the 10 people that told me the same thing about the B=Back issue with the JoycoLand Games:

instructback.png

Reactions: Calitar

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Okay, I quickly made a Version 1.0.1 patch since there is a lot that has changed already. I'll keep the old one up in case the new one has any kind of problem. Not all of the graphics are done but so much has changed with the text end I'm never going to remember what I changed past today.

Reactions: Calitar

Sludge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone over at the Something Awful Game Center CX thread was having a similar problem, this apparently fixed it. Also the FAQ file is just a text file, just open Notepad or any word processor and select it manually (or just rename it to .txt)

usr_share

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just got the patch and beat all the games (to be fair, I level-selected, cheated and did whatever I could to get the "clear" medals ASAP) and, apparently, at the very end, there's a slide show of all the games with cartridge pics, release dates, titles and screenshots. All untranslated.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is the ace detective game intentionally so vague?
Because mostly it does not make much sense to me.

I am stuck after the "1 is missing" part. I got info about the code at the spa and figured out nakauchi is related to love&game.
Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Aeter> yeah those adventures are a bit vague, especially the second one. It zips past important points and harps on useless stuff. I could sacrifice accuracy of the translation to make the adventure a bit less vague at spots if I had some good suggestions but I don't know if GCCX purists would want that.

If you are hopelessly stuck, I have a makeshift page not linked anywhere (yet)> http://www.gccxpatch.com/extras.html

usr_share> really? We hasn't found anything like that in the rom image. I'll message the graphic guys to take a look. Is it a one-time deal to see it?

UPDATE> usr_share> Okay, found the slides and they are being reworked as I type. Translations have already been provided. It is all graphical work now.

The Guadia Quest Saga title should finally be fixed (if you don't have a save) in the next patch and there are 2 more in-line graphics in the magazines and manuals that were added.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I found a couple of problems with the chats.

One of the chats:
(first line paraphrased) When you wait at the title screen something comes up
-What do you think that is?
-It shows the rules!"#

The other.
(again, paraphrased first line) What do you think Wizman is made off?
A: Warm as the sun...
R: What's with those poetic answer

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Aaron Chmielowiec

Save states in general are a bad idea with this game regardless of flash cart or emulator. Restoring from a save state frequently results in a crash soon after.

I'd like to precise something important about this bit specifically ... I can easily see why you mentioned that, since it happened with me a lot of times (earlier this week, in fact :P )

As far as Desmume is concerned, assuming you made a save state using Version A of the ROM, then you modified the ROM and opened it after with the emulator (let's call it Version B from now on). If you load that same savestate, it may load correctly with the graphics, animations and music working... but if you try to move around -sometimes it happens instantly, sometimes with 3D games some seconds after- or open a new menu, it will crash. Always.

But, as long as you stick with Version A all the way, provided the emulator doesn't hang in the instant the save state is being written to memory (which is far less common, and in fact rare), save states are (mostly) safe.
Of course one needs to use the in-game save feature (useful if he wants to transfer progress to the modified Version B ROM for example), and make another duplicate save state just to be safe.

NO$GBA is an obsolete emulator (it resumed development only earlier this year)
Only advantages it had (in its non-debug builds) were a work-in-progress multiplayer emulation that went nowhere since the development was discontinued, and as things stand now just doesn't work.
And speed. But recent versions of DesMume easily achieve that
Emulation Settings>
Use Dynamic Recompiler (checked, 100)
Enable Advanced Bus-Level Timing (unchecked)

ROM Loading>Stream From Disk

3D Settings >
SoftRasterizer
Optional: Disabling Other effects (fog/edge marking) for games that don't need them

About the 1200 or so voice clips, they could in theory be translated by adding subtitles above the screen (like the European GBA Tales of Phantasia, or other Tales fan-translations did). But that entails modifying the programming aka assembly (ARM in this case). Incidentally, no$gba -the debug build- is very useful for that in particular.
But it is no small task. And most translations official or not don't even bother doing that even when the only voice acting available is in Japanese.

Reactions: AndrewRoks1998

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Mirby> can it wait until we have a more solid patch ready? I'm getting overwhelmed with small big fixes here and there but I'd like it to be in better shape before it goes on the eshop.

Nightwish> I already addressed that in release 1.0.1. The second one I'll fix up for you.

Ghanmi> thanks for the info. I figure anyone going to the page only wants the patch, nothing else, so I kept it short and sweet. I was a bit surprised to see the issues no$gba was having during beta testing. When the adventure game portraits started glitching I was worried we broke something changing the graphics but it all works fine in every other environment :/

That's about it. I am still fixing a small mountain of text issues but its all coming under control. The graphics guys will probably be tied up over the next day or so with the rest of the graphics so that gives me some time to work through this all. If I end up with a mountain of changes I'll put it all in a 1.0.2 patch. 1.1 might be reserved for the fixed graphics and any text errors and bugs I expect to see as more people clear the game.

Funny how it took the better part of a year to get to this point and then people end up beating it all in a day.

Fishaman> Insektors is actually in the original first game like that, too. Should I fix it or leave it purposely broken as Engrish? If you mean the text in-game, that's actually a tiled graphic. I have to edit each character as an image by hand.

Reactions: AndrewRoks1998

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao