ROM Hack Game Center CX : Arino no Chosenjo 2 (New Start?)

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
And like I said in the video, some of that actually did change since the video went up. More of the Daily Challenge is already in the game and I just finished off the magazine text now (which meand the Magazine and Manual text has all been checked once...kind of a sleepy check but a check nonetheless)

Reactions: Calitar

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone help me extracting the dates of the first game's magazine covers?
Or the entire covers would help as well.
Or a save with 100% of the first game for PC emulators.
Anything would help really.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Out of curiosity, since I doubt I'll find any better place to ask about it, can someone who's also played the first game elaborate a bit more on how the Guadia in the RPG differ from the first game? One thing that seems the most obvious is that having them now gives you stat bonuses, but I'm confused what the listed skills under that actually refer to, do the characters gain access to those skills when they have the Guadia equiped or does it just list the moves the Guadia can use for convinience's sake since the first game didn't have the info available anywhere in-game? Apparently the whole game also has a pseudo-linkplay that apparently lets you trade Guadia with young Arino, how does that work exactly?

Calitar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as downloading a save, you can find what you are looking for here. Just select "Import Backup Memory" in desmume while the game is running (not sure how to do it with other emulators).

Also, this is my first time posting here. I've been lurking for a while watching the amazing progress. I look forward to playing it for myself. :D

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
AnotherGames> The "trade" feature is a bit like how Pokemon works. You go to a "Guild" in the game where you use statues to "store" your Guadia (you can only hold one at a time but you can swap them out when you want to change). You can trade any of the Guadia you have "stored" with another player that has the Game (In this case, young Arino).

I actually forget how the Guadia work in the first game, but here you get skills per Guadia that you can use during battle, they provide stat bonuses, and that they level up and can learn new skills. Again, like pokemon, they can only hold a certain number of moves (2 in this case) so you have to give up one to learn another. I shouldn't spoil all of the surprise for you since it is explained in-game in the manuals, magazine, dialogue and game but that is the gist of it.

Mars_x> I can try to open up the original game ROM in Tinke and extract the images when I get a chance next.

Reactions: Mars_x and Calitar

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
If I remember correctly (it's been a while), the few Guadias you could recruit in the first game just kinda sat around and attacked every once in a while but you couldn't do much with them (except replace them)

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, the ones in the first game generally attacked one or all enemies depending on their overall strength and some of the rare high-leveled ones could also rarely heal you. Nice to know that the ones in this game have a decent degree of depth, looking forward to trying out the RPG.

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, thanks Calitar, valuable information.
Aaron Chmielowiec No need, unless the year, month and day are all separated, the only chance to do
this without taking too much time will be to completely type all the dates by myself.
I'll try to find a suitable font for that, but feel free to check out if the dates are separated.
If they are, then please send me the graphics on a rar or something :D

Taik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I checked around a bit and in this game I'd say Guadias are basically Personas if anyone played that game.
Each character can have one assigned to him, which grants him a set of skills. He can also "unleash" it in battle which boosts his stats but makes him lose a bit of health every turn. You can make a pact with some enemies and then choose who will the Guadia be assigned to, releasing the previous one. Guadias can evolve kinda like Pokémon but it's not too in depth and they can learn a couple skills through usage too.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I assume that trying to add subtitles for Arino's comments is way too much effort for little benefit? At least, I doubt the game already has any kind of routine to autoscroll the speech bubble text on the bottom screen and trying to do it any other way is probably far too difficult.

Reactions: AndrewRoks1998

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Do you mean the small comments young Arino makes when you are playing a game? If so, since that feature was never in the original, I'm afraid it is unrealistic to even try to add a completely new feature like that. That voice can be turned off in settings or maybe I could make a list and attach it as a text file with the patch but there is no way to actually subtitle speech in the game, unfortunately. You aren't missing much, though.

Okay, as for what I've been up to, I finished fixing up the Daily challenge text, though I still need to fix up the stuff floating head Arino says to you about the challenges. Some of that is still rough. Also, I finally figured out how to edit the intro and extra text for Super Demon Returns and Cosmic Gate but that is slow work and will take a bit to do.

And them after that there is just the adventure and RPG game text to check though I also have a few things to fix based on test reports that came in. Some careless text errors in some spots, some forgotten lines in others.

The graphics people have been working on the magazine and manual graphics as well as finishing up the daily challenge though that too will take a bit of time.

That's about it for the moment. I hope to post more soon.

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, I suspected as much: the Tales Of Innocence patch added subtitles to the things that the characters were saying in battle, but they probably had it easier since they could use the ingame move title textboxes as a base.

You can add the translations for the quotes in the order the sound test has them if you feel like it, but I assume most of them should be a lot more understandable after watching as stupidly many episodes of the show as I have compared to back to when I first played the game.

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Well, after a long battle I have the intro screens to Super Demon Returns figured out. The text and even the font can be changed but it is very tedious and slow to do so. The screens for Cosmic Gate work the same way but I can use the same "translation" from the first game, broken English and all! I just need to come up with a similar ending text that also borks the English language.

subtext.png

subtext2.png

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would it be possible to substitute the voice for the voices of the first game?
This is, assuming they say similar things of course.

I don't know if it's worth the effort tho.
I'm fine with hearing them in japanese but that's just me.

Reactions: cubeboy

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not really worth the effort, the second game has a far larger number of voices (not sure about the exact number of voices in the second game but the first one has around 154 total, including some of the unused ones, don't know how many the second game has since I haven't unlocked the sound test but I wouldn't be surprised if it was anywhere from 300 to 450), thus you'd only be able to replace a fraction of them and to be honest, with all the references to Game Center CX intact, it'd be a bit too jarring to have Yuri Lowenthal's reused quotes in the second game as well instead of Arino.

OldPoem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Would it be possible to substitute the voice for the voices of the first game?
This is, assuming they say similar things of course.

I don't know if it's worth the effort tho.
I'm fine with hearing them in japanese but that's just me.

Actually I prefer Arino voice in Japanese over English dubbed of the RGC1. Is there any way to hack the first game to have Arino's voice instead of dreadful english ones?

Reactions: Sludge

AnotherGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's probably an undub patch floating around somewhere but seeing that this game has basically everything the first game did in some form, you're probably better off just playing this one instead if you want to hear him in Japanese.

Aaron Chmielowiec

OP
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Freqman said:
damn that was quick

I have a terrible power...

So I'm on the Cosmic Gate Intro and when I take the resulting "text" from the graphics I get:

Code:
          G.U.2550-
UTYU NI HATE "M32-SEIUN" NO
TEISATU NI ATARU KIMI NO MOTO
  HE GINGA RENPOU KAIMETU NO
      SIRASE GA TODAITA.

TOTUZEN NO KOTO NI ODOROITA
KIMI WA SINJITU WO SIRUTAMENI
SINGATA SENTOUKI "INFINITY"
        DE TOBITATU-

MEZASU WA HARUKA KANATA NO
    HAHANARU HOSI "CHIKYU"!

-DAGA SORE WA
NOTI NI JINRUI NO TENTEKI TO
OSORE RARERU "MAS-INSECTOR"
    TONO NAGAI TATAKAI NO
    HAZIMARI DEMO ATTA-

Which is silly and all but even better, the first RGC had the same intro but in English. Oops, I mean "Glorious Engrish"! It really is a sight to behold.

Code:
    GALACTIC YEAR 2550
  WHILST PATROLING AROUND
    "THE M32 NEBULA" FOR
  THE GALACTIC ALLIANCE
  YOU RECEIVE A DISTRESS
    CALL FROM THE EARTH!

ON YOUR WAY BACK TO EARTH
    ABOARD YOUR FIGHTER
  "THE INFINITY". YOU ARE
AMBUSHED BY MASS INSEKTORS,
          HUMANY'S
  MOST DEADLIER ENEMYS!

CHALLENGE TO THE PROTECTION
    OF "THE MOTHER EARTH"!

NOW LET'S WAR OF
    ATTRITION AGAINST
  "THE MASS INSEKTORS".
      THE SCURGE OF
    THE HUMAN BEINGS!

Okay, this will take a bit but I can put that in the game as-is for EXTRA GLORY!

Now, there is an ending text to the one in the 2nd game...of sorts, but it is very short:

Code:
  TATAKAI WA OWATTA…

DAGA SHOURI TO HIKIKAENI
USINATTA MON  WA AMARINI
      OOKKIKATTA…

JINRUI HA EIEN NI
    HAHANARI HOSI WO
NAKAUSITE SIMATTANODA…

I want to put that in GLORIOUS ENGRISH too, but how should I go about that... Roughly, that means:

Code:
"The battle is over...

Though the cost of victory was great...

Mankind can live forever in peace on Mother Earth..."

So I want GLORIOUS ENGRISH. Can anyone think of something goofy while I hack the first titles in the game? I was thinking along the lines of:

Code:
BATTLE IS OVER!

BUT COST OF VICTORY IS SO HEAVY!

HUMANY'S ETERNAL HAPPINESS IS GET!
LIVE FOREVER ON MOTHER EARTH!

I am still so tempted to use the NES Ghostbusters ending with "PROOVED THE JUSTICE OF OUR CULTURE". But hey, I love the old days of the $5 translation when companies gave their programmers dictionaries and said "GO!"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1