Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
I happen to have a 2.1E o3DS, can I skip ahead to get the OTP?

Do I simply copy the arm11.bin onto my SD Card root, then

Section III - Getting the OTP
(On 2DS at 2.1.0, the screen being stretched is normal)
  1. Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
  2. OTPHelper will launch, then select the "Dump otp.bin (0x100)" option
  3. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
  4. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over otp.bin to a safe folder on your computer.
  5. Ensure that otp.bin is 256 bytes
  6. Backup otp.bin to multiple locations (such as online file storage)
or do I have to upgrade to 9.2 and go from there?

Is it hard to revert back to stock? (Just in case I ever want to sell it)

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using Ninjhax to launch the HBL instead of Menuhax in the guide, is that Ok? I just finished Part 3 step 22 where it tells me to reinstall Menuhax.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
guys, just wanna ask if i installed arm9loader, can i still play ds games? which software i should install agn?
Yes, but you will still need the cart or a flash cart.

I happen to have a 2.1E o3DS, can I skip ahead to get the OTP?

Do I simply copy the arm11.bin onto my SD Card root, then

Section III - Getting the OTP
(On 2DS at 2.1.0, the screen being stretched is normal)
  1. Go to http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS
  2. OTPHelper will launch, then select the "Dump otp.bin (0x100)" option
  3. Press Select on the main menu to eject your SD card
  4. Put your SD card in your computer, then copy over otp.bin to a safe folder on your computer.
  5. Ensure that otp.bin is 256 bytes
  6. Backup otp.bin to multiple locations (such as online file storage)
or do I have to upgrade to 9.2 and go from there?

Is it hard to revert back to stock? (Just in case I ever want to sell it)

Yes the entire point of the rest of the guide is to safely get to 2.1. So you can start from there.
I've been using Ninjhax to launch the HBL instead of Menuhax in the guide, is that Ok? I just finished Part 3 step 22 where it tells me to reinstall Menuhax.
Yes that's fine. It's actually a bit better as you won't have to clean menuhax up after.

Reactions: porko

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have some problem i followed the guide but i'm stuck at OTPhelper it told me that a title is corrupted and when i checked i found that 0004009B00011B02 is corrupted but when i check it in the emunand CTR nand and sysnand CTR nand it gives me gibberish in god9 . is there a way to fix this title? since it's even corrupted in my 9.2 sysnand ?

Wantija

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, but you will still need the cart or a flash cart.

Yes the entire point of the rest of the guide is to safely get to 2.1. So you can start from there.

Yes that's fine. It's actually a bit better as you won't have to clean menuhax up after.
Alright thanks, just a heads up incase anyone else is using Ninjhax OTP Helper won't boot with it for some reason so you still have to use browser or menuhax for that part.

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I'm in the process of downgrading the emuNAND to 2.1, but it fails on NATIVE FIRM. I have attempted to unpatch TWL and AGB but it still fails, I assume that this is normal now that I've patched those two and just takes a few.. dozen or so tries. I have the log http://pastebin.com/HDhRY00u, is there anything else that could cause it to fail or is this entirely normal at this point? I hope I haven't screwed myself here so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT1:

So, after the initial fail, I attempted to downgrade again before restoring emuNAND to 10.7, it patched two files (I didn't manage to write the ID's down) but it patched the two files and said the downgrade was successful. This is definitely not what I was supposed to do but it appears to have worked, am I able to continue from here and obtain the OTP or is it too risky at this point?

EDIT2:

Scratch that, switched to Luma and it downgraded first try. That was ...easier than I thought it would be, been meaning to switch.

Last edited by Sundaybrawl,

Nightboy1230

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Erm Mr Pro =), I'm curious when i have all cia files installed in my 3ds console, will the installed files take up space at my sd card or my console? Because i installed "A" cia files in my console using first sd card and then I inserted agn the other sd card without "A" cia files, but i still manage to play my game...

Hihomaster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Erm...exactly what am I looking for with the GodMode software? I got the validation stage 1, validation stage 2 failed. Should I just upgrade the emunand to 10.7.32 and then follow the steps again?
usually when it fails it gives you the title that is missing or corrupted if it is corrupted you can check it in the GodMode software ( thanks to the othelper.txt file that is created in the root of your sd). from there you just have to do what the guide tells you in the troubleshooting guide. if like me your title in emunand CTRNAND is corrupted and when you check your 9.2 sysnand ctrnand the same title is corrupted i think you will be stuck. cause i have no idea how to fix a title like that i'm scared if i delete it i'm bricking my system. otherwise if it's only in emunand it just means a bad downgrade

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I would like to have a9lh on my N3DS but I'm not very sure about how : my sysnand is on 9.2.0 (downgraded from 10.3) and I have a 9.5.0 emuNand with Rxtools (menuhax).
Is it considered as a CFW so I could start at part 4 of the guide and keep my saves ?
(I already have multiple backups of sysnand and emunand).
Yes that's cfw so you can start at part 4

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I followed this guide a long time ago. But I've installed CakesFW.

Today I switch to Luma3DS and everything is working, but I have a doubt... My arm9loaderhax revision is too old, do I need to updated? If yes, how can I do this?

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I'm trying to downgrade one N3DS JAP.
But I'm getting this message.
Anyone know how to solve it?

fail downgrade n3ds to 2.1.jpg

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide a long time ago. But I've installed CakesFW.

Today I switch to Luma3DS and everything is working, but I have a doubt... My arm9loaderhax revision is too old, do I need to updated? If yes, how can I do this?
You don't have to update your a9lh. You can if you want but its not really needed. Use safea9lhinstaller to update it. You can also find a thread that has all the payloads for safea9lhinstaller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow