Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I keep getting this when I tried to downgrade my emunand

(NFIRM) : V.0000 -> V.03553 FAIL

Is it normal? Or do I have to try downgrade it until it success?
same here..
but, I'll try your tip ^_^
So I found my solution, instead of using cake or reinand, I'm using rxtools to downgrade and it works!

Falkiner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't have to update your a9lh. You can if you want but its not really needed. Use safea9lhinstaller to update it. You can also find a thread that has all the payloads for safea9lhinstaller

I've tried starting the Safea9lh but I got a blackscreen all the time ;/

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it needs a 9.2 nand to be launched that way. Are you using luma? If so toss the .bin on the safea9lhinstaller download in the payloads folder that's in the luma folder. Name it down_a9lh then hold down on the d pad while turning the 3ds on

Reactions: Falkiner

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
After finished installing ARM9LHAX + everything on Part 5, is it safe to sign in to eShop and use my NNID?

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

I am on the Part3 Step4 Copy the TinyFormat folder from the TinyFormat zip to the /3ds/ folder on your SD card.

But after extracting the TinyFormat_v1.0.0.zip, I do not have TinyFormat folder.
I do have : 3ds folder, TinyFormat.3ds, TinyFormat.cia, TinyFormat.elf.

What should I do?

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
But after extracting the TinyFormat_v1.0.0.zip, I do not have TinyFormat folder.
I do have : 3ds folder, TinyFormat.3ds, TinyFormat.cia, TinyFormat.elf.

What should I do?

Check once again, there is TinyFormat folder inside the 3ds folder.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you from Indonesia?

Part 4 sama 5 itu momen paling menegangkan haha

Yes, I am from Indonesia.

LOL, it will be a fun weekend then.

Do you have any heads up for Part 4 and 5?
Anything...it could be some steps that were not clearly written in the tutorial perhaps?

Last edited by avocado,

hiten

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, I am from Indonesia.

LOL, it will be a fun weekend then.

Do you have any heads up for Part 4 and 5?
Anything...it could be some steps that were not clearly written in the tutorial perhaps?

Yes. Here are some parts to take notice.

On Part 4 Section I, the guide tell you to TinyFormat your Rednand twice before downgrading it. After formatting it twice, 3DS will ask you to complete initial setup (the usual stuff: name, birthdate, internet connection, etc).

I decided to skip configuring my internet connection (wifi password), without realizing that I actually need it later on Section III.
Yes, you can configure your wifi password later on Section III, but at that time you've already downgrade your firmware to 2.1.0, so your 3DS is kinda unstable (for example, when setting up my wifi password, I couldn't exit and come back to homescreen properly, I need to power off the 3DS).

I recommend to setup your wifi password earlier, so you don't risk having any problem.

On Part 5 Section II - 6, after finish installing A9LH, the last step is to enter the Luma3DS menu by holding select on boot. I thought this is the same thing just like when accessing Menuhax. Usually when accessing menuhax, I just push the button 1-2 seconds after powering up.

Got blackscreen and I thought something was wrong with my A9LH or my 3DS may be bricked. I didn't know that you actually have to hold "Select" really quickly after the Power button.

That's because A9LH boot very quickly, so it actually misses my button press. You need to hold the Select button immediately after powering up (or just hold the Select button before pressing power).

Last edited by hiten,

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. Here are some parts to take notice.

On Part 4 Section I, the guide tell you to TinyFormat your Rednand twice before downgrading it. After formatting it twice, 3DS will ask you to complete initial setup (the usual stuff: name, birthdate, internet connection, etc).

I decided to skip configuring my internet connection (wifi password), without realizing that I actually need it later on Section III.
Yes, you can configure your wifi password later on Section III, but at that time you've already downgrade your firmware to 2.1.0, so your 3DS is kinda unstable (for example, when setting up my wifi password, I couldn't exit and come back to homescreen properly, I need to power off the 3DS).

I recommend to setup your wifi password earlier, so you don't risk having any problem.

On Part 5 Section II - 6, after finish installing A9LH, the last step is to enter the Luma3DS menu by holding select on boot. I thought this is the same thing just like when accessing Menuhax. Usually when accessing menuhax, I just push the button 1-2 seconds after powering up.

Got blackscreen and I thought something was wrong with my A9LH or Luma. I didn't know that you actually have to hold "Select" really quickly after the Power button.

That's because A9LH boot very quickly, so it actually misses my button press. You need to hold the Select button immediately after powering up (or just hold the Select button before pressing power).

Thanks a lot, man!!!

I will enjoy my weekend or sure. :D

yeah, on menuhax before, I press DOWN button before poressing the POWER button.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.