Hacking Finally Someone Tweets Why Pin 9 with 10 is BAD!

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well auto RCM I think is indeed the way, because after making a backup who cares if it corrupts or brick the console, you can just simply remove the nand and put the backup in place.

Edit: but I was indeed thinking to solder a button to pin 9+10 on the joy-con PCB as it seems to be the easier... Hummer then what's the best place to solder wires in the joy-con PCB to make a button?

Pin 1 to 10?

Last edited by guily6669,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did 10 and 9 with thin foil... and just ONCE. Then setup AutoRCM and I want to know why is POSSIBLE to get bricked like that? So far everything works like charm.

"so far everything works like a charm"
Except the os doesn't fully work yet with cfw and you can't sleep.
And you can no longer just boot into fully vanilla fw so you have to wait until those fixes are made to have a fully working system.
Installing autoRCM right now makes absolutely no sense if you want to actually use your system right now

Reactions: x64

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"so far everything works like a charm"
Except the os doesn't fully work yet with cfw and you can't sleep.
And you can no longer just boot into fully vanilla fw so you have to wait until those fixes are made to have a fully working system.
Installing autoRCM right now makes absolutely no sense if you want to actually use your system right now
You just have to literally plug it to your phone to boot it.. not big deal, what im worried about is the brick, what is exactly the risk?

Right noe its important because you wont wear out your pins... and you don't have to press power and volume + all the time to get into RCM mode... and if you have that well you are all set to wait for Atmosphere....

Last edited by huma_dawii,

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just have to literally plug it to your phone to boot it.. not big deal, what im worried about is the brick, what is exactly the risk?

Right noe its important because you wont wear out your pins... and you don't have to press power and volume + all the time to get into RCM mode... and if you have that well you are all set to wait for Atmosphere....
No risk. The brick was thought to be caused by the battery draining to 0... This doesn't actually brick though. Either way using autoRCM right now is a bad idea.

Reactions: Don Jon

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I would stay away from it too... But when atmosphere comes with sleep support then it will probably be a good option until I can get a software way of loading CFW on my 3.02 Switch...

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You seem to have missed my point. With autoRCM and no fully functional cfw, you can't really use the console. So unless you are letting your console just sit there unused, installing autoRCM makes no sense right now because the cfw doesn't fully work.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to have missed my point. With autoRCM and no fully functional cfw, you can't really use the console. So unless you are letting your console just sit there unused, installing autoRCM makes no sense right now because the cfw doesn't fully work.

So doing the jig everytime you want to boot hekate makes more sense? I don't think so AND
No risk. The brick was thought to be caused by the battery draining to 0... This doesn't actually brick though. Either way using autoRCM right now is a bad idea.
I just want to know why is a bad idea to use AutoRCM right now? I don't want to mess up my NS so that is why im asking.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So doing the jig everytime you want to boot hekate makes more sense? I don't think so AND

I just want to know why is a bad idea to use AutoRCM right now? I don't want to mess up my NS so that is why im asking.
You still are completely missing my point.
Cfw isn't finished and isn't fully working.
Without autoRCM you can just boot the vanilla console without RCM and without a jig and continue playing it like normal while we wait for cfw to fully work and get released.
If you install autoRCM right now you are forced to use cfw to even boot the thing, which is still not fully working and will require you to power off the system after each use due to sleep mode being broken.
So unless you intend on not really using the system, installing autoRCM right now makes no sense.
I honestly don't understand how you can't grasp this simple concept.
Overall people should at least wait until we get to a point where the system fully works before installing autoRCM. Especially if you want to actually use your system and play games.

And currently we just don't know enough about autoRCM and the potential dangers, especially given the fact that it is being used with incomplete cfw that can compound to cause problems.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You still are completely missing my point.
Cfw isn't finished and isn't fully working.
Without autoRCM you can just boot the vanilla console without RCM and without a jig and continue playing it like normal while we wait for cfw to fully work and get released.
If you install autoRCM right now you are forced to use cfw to even boot the thing, which is still not fully working and will require you to power off the system after each use due to sleep mode being broken.
So unless you intend on not really using the system, installing autoRCM right now makes no sense.
I honestly don't understand how you can't grasp this simple concept.
Overall people should at least wait until we get to a point where the system fully works before installing autoRCM. Especially if you want to actually use your system and play games.

And currently we just don't know enough about autoRCM and the potential dangers, especially given the fact that it is being used with incomplete cfw that can compound to cause problems.

Well right now I used RCM to backup my saves and that's it, I don't really use the Switch that much anyways since im stuck with games on Wii U xD

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the people on the latest joycon firmware that have pins 9-10 bridged and have no issues at all? There's nothing stopping me from bridging two other points (Besides not wanting to dismantle my joycons and heat up my iron.) but since I'm done it 9-10 have worked with zero issues.

Reactions: Friendsxix

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
....you know autoRCM can effectively brick your console right

It's not a brick, it's a recovery mode loop.

With autoRCM and no fully functional cfw, you can't really use the console. So unless you are letting your console just sit there unused, installing autoRCM makes no sense right now because the cfw doesn't fully work.

So for those of us who only bought a switch purely for homebrew and it's currently sitting in a box because you can't decide what to do about easily getting into RCM on every boot, then autorcm is a good idea?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a brick, it's a recovery mode loop.

So for those of us who only bought a switch purely for homebrew and it's currently sitting in a box because you can't decide what to do about easily getting into RCM on every boot, then autorcm is a good idea?
If you aren't using it as a normal console, then yeah it should be fine. My argument was more warning people who do still use their console as an actual console. Right now the only useful thing you can do with autoRCM is homebrew, so if that's the only thing you care about then you should be good to go

Reactions: DarthDub

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't using it as a normal console, then yeah it should be fine. My argument was more warning people who do still use their console as an actual console. Right now the only useful thing you can do with autoRCM is homebrew, so if that's the only thing you care about then you should be good to go
Still waiting til next month. : ) No rush here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER