Memoir

Hi, I'm Cynical!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to install atmosphere without opening the switch to flash the modchip?
SX Bootloader > Hekate > fusee-primary.bin

Your mileage may vary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can you use exfat formatted micro sd cards for Switch or does it need to be fat32?

Thanks
FAT32 is recommended to mitigate (even fix) corruption that happens on exfat. Exfat works, but you run a risk.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SX Bootloader > Hekate > fusee-primary.bin

Your mileage may vary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

FAT32 is recommended to mitigate (even fix) corruption that happens on exfat. Exfat works, but you run a risk.

Thanks - trying to figure out how to copy Switch games to the micro SD now that is formatted FAT32

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use tinfoil + nut, you can download them from tinfoil.io or there is also awoo installer, but im not sure if it uses nut or not, @Draxzelex should be able to clarify that

Thanks - I am trying to figure it out but having issues. In Nut it says USB disconnected - in my Switch it shows connected. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a better way to transfer games over USB than using Nut? Also, funny thing happened - I connected my Switch to USB and opened Tinfoil - doing this let me transfer games to the SD card in the Switch and it broke up the large file into 2 files - however, SX OS gave me an error. The transfer created a subfolder on the root of the SD card. I moved the two files in the subfolder to the root of the SD, but Tinfoil couldnt find any games to install.

I figure there has to be an easier way to do this and I must be doing something wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a better way to transfer games over USB than using Nut? Also, funny thing happened - I connected my Switch to USB and opened Tinfoil - doing this let me transfer games to the SD card in the Switch and it broke up the large file into 2 files - however, SX OS gave me an error. The transfer created a subfolder on the root of the SD card. I moved the two files in the subfolder to the root of the SD, but Tinfoil couldnt find any games to install.

I figure there has to be an easier way to do this and I must be doing something wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Use TinWoo Installer and NS-USBLoader. TinWoo Installer is based off of Awoo Installer which I have never ever had any issues with and I believe instructions come with NS-USBLoader.

Reactions: BigOnYa

ThiagoSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi, i'm new to switch unlock, i have a switch (erista) with modchip and i play online game original games, after being updated i couldn't get into CFW so i tried it myself with a data package that when i call starts right in hekate, and I couldn't start on sxbootloader anymore, someone with patience can tell me how to start on sxbootloader again, then I can try this guide

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi, i'm new to switch unlock, i have a switch (erista) with modchip and i play online game original games, after being updated i couldn't get into CFW so i tried it myself with a data package that when i call starts right in hekate, and I couldn't start on sxbootloader anymore, someone with patience can tell me how to start on sxbootloader again, then I can try this guide

let me see if I got this correct

you updated the console to 11.0.1
You then flashed spacecraft-nx? (I assume this is the data package you are talking about?)
You were then able to boot hekate but not the sxos bootloader

Is this correct?

ThiagoSG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
let me see if I got this correct

you updated the console to 11.0.1
You then flashed spacecraft-nx? (I assume this is the data package you are talking about?)
You were then able to boot hekate but not the sxos bootloader

Is this correct?
yes I updated my console, not the data package, it is a set with ATM and other homebrews that according to the source is compatible with modchip, I don't care to make another emunad and start from scratch (create another emunand), but I don't know where and what files to download or a guide to do this on the switch with modchip

I sent a print of my sd, it's a mess I know

Attachments

• Captura de Tela (1).png
    Captura de Tela (1).png
    127.2 KB · Views: 116

kallekallix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Evening gbatemp

I want to update my 9.0 OFW to the latest one. Is this a "legit" site to get OFW 11.0.1 from?

darth(remove)sternie(dot)net

Thanks in advance

Last edited by kallekallix,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yes I updated my console, not the data package, it is a set with ATM and other homebrews that according to the source is compatible with modchip, I don't care to make another emunad and start from scratch (create another emunand), but I don't know where and what files to download or a guide to do this on the switch with modchip

I sent a print of my sd, it's a mess I know

So you can't get into the sxos bootloader at all? What happens when you power the console on?

Evening gbatemp

I want to update my 9.0 OFW to the latest one. Is this a "legit" site to get OFW 11.0.1 from?

darth(remove)sternie(dot)net

Thanks in advance

If you are using OFW just get the latest from the nintendo servers, IF you are using CFW then yes the site is legit however depending on how your console is modded and what CFW you use limits what you can upgrade to and how

Max Version for SXOS is 11.0.0
Max Version for Atmo is 11.0.1
ReiNX is dead

If you have a RCM console then you can use either daybreak (recommend with atmosphere) or choidujourNX
if you have a chipped console then boot atmosphere and use daybreak as choidujourNX breaks some chipped consoles depending on what version they are

kallekallix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Adran_Marit

Thanks alot!

Your responce helps alot! :yay:

My RCM Switch currently sits on OFW 9.0.0 and Atmosphere 0.9.4

Using daybreak, can I install Atmo 11.0.1 from 0.9.4?
If so, do I also need to install all the other Atmo CFW's inbetween up to 11.0.1?

My plan is to only keep my installed .nsp games and delete everything else on my sdcard and only have up to date apps/needed things for the lastest Atmo to work.

Thanks in advance

Edit: My Switch is updated to 11.0.1 an Atmo to 0.18.0

I was bit afraid to do it but it went really smooth without hiccups!

Thanks again!

Last edited by kallekallix,
Reactions: Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Adran_Marit

Thanks alot!

Your responce helps alot! :yay:

My RCM Switch currently sits on OFW 9.0.0 and Atmosphere 0.9.4

Using daybreak, can I install Atmo 11.0.1 from 0.9.4?
If so, do I also need to install all the other Atmo CFW's inbetween up to 11.0.1?

My plan is to only keep my installed .nsp games and delete everything else on my sdcard and only have up to date apps/needed things for the lastest Atmo to work.

Thanks in advance

Edit: My Switch is updated to 11.0.1 an Atmo to 0.18.0

I was bit afraid to do it but it went really smooth without hiccups!

Thanks again!

No worries, I assume you also got the latest patches?

Just make sure you got the right patches

Last edited by porkiewpyne,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Their was like 3 or 4 cop cars out and they always park in front of my place whenever something...