Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
As much as I like tinleaf/awoo installers - they both have great features that are missing from each other, so I decided to do a "mashup" and combine both installers into one.

TinWoo - Installer Features, that differ from Awoo-Installer

HD installs - the following are supported in Atmosphere:
FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/EXT2/3/4.

HD installs - the following are supported in SXOS
FAT12/FAT16/FAT32/exFAT

Differences from Tinleaf.
Autoupdates, Sig patches, custom graphics + sounds, EXT support.

Added also the ability to theme(skin) and add your own sounds (Make sure to use the same filenames as provided).

Screenshots:
6oZOU8H.jpg

3DDiHJW.jpg

Download Link:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo/releases

Source Code:
https://github.com/mrdude2478/TinWoo

Still to do - language translation for some languages, which is not on my "high to do" list, and may never get done.

Enjoy!

Thanks for Blawar, Hunterweb, DarkMatterCore - for all the code for making this (and some of my own).

Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Last edited by mrdude,

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
In that case you proof compiled not from repository: nca_writer.cpp in repo has no block-compression support!
Not sure what you are on about dude, XCZ /NSZ/NSP/XCI all work fine for me.

As for other people - here's an alternative background if you like this one better - screenshot.
Pxqofzl.jpg

Attachments

• Background.zip
    454.7 KB · Views: 431

Z3nZ3s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it possible to add the file explorer capabilities of Gold leaf 0.8 to this app?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what you are on about dude, XCZ /NSZ/NSP/XCI all work fine for me.

As for other people - here's an alternative background if you like this one better - screenshot.
Pxqofzl.jpg

@duckbill007 is correct, this does not support block-compressed XCZ.

You are also violating the software license, you should read it.

source: I wrote the code.

edit: tinleaf supports NTFS. THis is effectively just reskinned tinleaf.

Last edited by blawar,
Reactions: MUDD_BR and mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
@duckbill007 is correct, this does not support block-compressed XCZ.

You are also violating the software license, you should read it.

source: I wrote the code.
I like your code, that's why I used it, and you removed stuff from awoo (which was mostly copied code) - which I just reimplemented. I would really like it if you updated tinleaf to have skinning features and checked your github page now and again to answer issues: I wrote one about a week or so ago about the main icon for the app not showing properly on sxos (as you saved it in progressive rather than baseline for jpg - which makes it not show properly in applet mode).
I'll remove this post, when you update your app - and put some new features in/back.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like your code, that's why I used it, and you removed stuff from awoo (which was mostly copied code) - which I just reimplemented. I would really like it if you updated tinleaf to have skinning features and checked your github page now and again to answer issues: I wrote one about a week or so ago about the main icon for the app not showing properly on sxos (as you saved it in progressive rather than baseline for jpg - which makes it not show properly in applet mode).
I'll remove this post, when you update your app - and put some new features in/back.

submit a PR, I accept most everything that is reasonable.

edit: however do not submit a PR that links to sig patches. that is highly illegal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was unaware of the icon, I have been really busy with family this holiday season to catch up on github issues and general scene work. I see you posted the attached image in an issue, please submit it as a PR for proper attribution. And thank you for pointing out why some jpg's did not work on SXOS, that bugged me for years.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
submit a PR, I accept most everything that is reasonable.

edit: however do not submit a PR that links to sig patches. that is highly illegal.
OK will do but stuff that was broken in your last release of the top of my head:

Icon - wrong format
Settings: Auto check for update - not working.
EXT2/3/4 not supported.
Sounds - you removed them and never gave an option to turn them back on.
Sig patches - removed
No skinning options.
HD installs - wrong text shown during installs and showed it was installing from sd card.

I'd really like it if you sorted all that out - you can even use the code I posted on github if you want if you don't have time to do that yourself.

@Balwar,

Sorry I meant EXT2/3/4 - not NTFS.

Change your makefile from:

-lusbhsfs -lntfs-3g

to
-lusbhsfs -lntfs-3g -llwext4

Libusbhsfs was updated to support that, also it fixed some NTFS mounting issues with an update yesterday.

Last edited by mrdude,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK will do but stuff that was broken in your last release of the top of my head:

Icon - wrong format
Settings: Auto check for update - not working.
EXT3/4 not supported.
Sounds - you removed them and never gave an option to turn them back on.
Sig patches - removed
No skinning options.

I'd really like it if you sorted all that out - you can even use the code I posted on github if you want if you don't have time to do that yourself.

@Balwar,

Sorry I meant EXT3/4 - not NTFS.

Change your makefile from:

-lusbhsfs -lntfs-3g

to
-lusbhsfs -lntfs-3g -llwext4

Libusbhsfs was updated to support that, also it fixed some NTFS mounting issues with an update yesterday.

icon is easy to fix.

auto-update - intentionally disabled until I understand the mechanism. It was nagging users checking awoo's repo. likely just changing the URL to tinleaf's repo will fix it, but i need to make sure the format in which its released is compatible.

the only sounds I removed was the "awoo" sound that played after an install. do people really want sounds to play after an install? I guess it could be made into an option.

NTFS is supported in the latest release, that was just a recompile with latest libhsfsusb.

Sig patches were removed because they are lawsuit bait.

skinning options are fair, just not a high priority.

yes it was not recompiled with ext*, was trying to avoid updating 10 times in a week with libhsusbfs changes lol. Plus the number of users who use ext* on external HDD's with the switch is vanishingly small, so its not a big deal to wait a bit to recompile.

I could diff and commit changes, but you wouldn't get attribution for that. its better if you submit a PR.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
icon is easy to fix.

auto-update - intentionally disabled until I understand the mechanism. It was nagging users checking awoo's repo. likely just changing the URL to tinleaf's repo will fix it, but i need to make sure the format in which its released is compatible.

the only sounds I removed was the "awoo" sound that played after an install. do people really want sounds to play after an install? I guess it could be made into an option.

NTFS is supported in the latest release, that was just a recompile with latest libhsfsusb.

Sig patches were removed because they are lawsuit bait.

skinning options are fair, just not a high priority.

yes it was not recompiled with ext*, was trying to avoid updating 10 times in a week with libhsusbfs changes lol. Plus the number of users who use ext* on external HDD's with the switch is vanishingly small, so its not a big deal to wait a bit to recompile.

I could diff and commit changes, but you wouldn't get attribution for that. its better if you submit a PR.

You can copy whatever code you want, I am glad I have managed to get your attention to at least look at your app and fix some stuff. I will remove my git in 2 days time, so you can clone it or copy what you need if you want to in the meantime.

I trust you will fix your app and then I won't re-upload this code again.

Thanks, and thanks again for tinfoil I really like it - but I would like it more if it was skinable and all the features that were in it - worked properly.

Regards,

MrDude.

shinwg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to download cause I keep getting 1 file only is a readme file.? Please help

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can copy whatever code you want, I am glad I have managed to get your attention to at least look at your app and fix some stuff. I will remove my git in 2 days time, so you can clone it or copy what you need if you want to in the meantime.

I trust you will fix your app and then I won't re-upload this code again.

Thanks, and thanks again for tinfoil I really like it - but I would like it more if it was skinable and all the features that were in it - worked properly.

Regards,

MrDude.
I have not tried Tinfoil for a long time, but sometimes it does not read the games that are in folders ordered by the alphabet, and one of those folders is "#", which contains games that start with a number, I think it also fails with others symbol as "!". I think Tinfoil is a great app without the need for HBG, or locks on other Atmosphere patches, at least I could install my games when I listed them all. I could use it again if it solves these problems.

I think your work with Tinwoo is amazing. I would like to see features of DBI Installer (MTP: Mount NAND / SD to PC and install things by just dragging them), Tinfoil-Blawar (A list or database of all backups including their Update and DLC) Goldleaf (A gesture fairly stable file manager and Emmuibo) and nxdumptool (dump your base games / Update / DlC to SD or USB / external HDD)

I would be one of the best Administrators / Installers out there)

Another feature that I know no one will support is LayeredFS with USB/HDD support

Last edited by Imancol,

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Request: support for rclone encryption with Google Drive.

As for translation, just leave strings easily editable for others in text files.

Last edited by falcorr,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not tried Tinfoil for a long time, but sometimes it does not read the games that are in folders ordered by the alphabet, and one of those folders is "#", which contains games that start with a number, I think it also fails with others symbol as "!". I think Tinfoil is a great app without the need for HBG, or locks on other Atmosphere patches, at least I could install my games when I listed them all. I could use it again if it solves these problems.

I think your work with Tinwoo is amazing. I would like to see features of DBI Installer (MTP: Mount NAND / SD to PC and install things by just dragging them), Tinfoil-Blawar (A list or database of all backups including their Update and DLC) Goldleaf (A gesture fairly stable file manager and Emmuibo) and nxdumptool (dump your base games / Update / DlC to SD or USB / external HDD)

I would be one of the best Administrators / Installers out there)

Another feature that I know no one will support is LayeredFS with USB/HDD support

Tinfoil does pretty much everything you listed except Emmuibo. Tinfoil was the first to implement the MTP features you describe as well.

As for implementing that in Tinleaf. Tinleaf's code is too low quality to achieve that. I would effectively have to open source Tinfoil to do that at which points its just open source tinfoil, not tinleaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over