1. Tokiwa

Tokiwa GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    No installer at this point supports installing games to the HDD.

RY0M43CH1Z3N likes this.
  2. hakkinen

hakkinen Member
    Newcomer

France
    Can we install splitted XCI?

3. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you using atmosphere, you can only install games from your hdd (directly if you have it plugged into your switch directly or via the dock). If your using sx os you can install games from hdd or play xci games from the hdd with no install

4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes.

5. Wishi

Wishi Rareware Gamer

Mexico
    Hi ,

I was wondering if there's an app able to transfer / copy / move files from an USB / HDD to the SD , main objective would be to do this while the switch is docked

I understand that both this and tinleaf can install NSP from an USB/HDD but what about moving files between USB/HDD and SD ?

Thanks!

6. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For now tinfoil is the only one that transfer between sd and hdd atm. Supposedly nx-shell will have the ability to in the future.

7. Wishi

Wishi Rareware Gamer

Mexico

So tinfoil and not tinleaf right ? (From what I get tinleaf is just an awoo installer with blawar perspective )

Between those two tinfoil is superior right ?( does what tinleaf + more)

And finally , last time I used tinfoil , it was like merged with the now dead hbg shop (since hbgshop used tinfoil or something like that)

Does tinfoil still have to make some changes or needed to run a modified atmosphere ? Or it can be run as an standalone nro without installing to main menu

Ty

8. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Tinfoil is superior just because it does what tinleaf does + more. The most common way people obtained tinfoil was the bundle with hbgshop. You can obtain it at tinfoil.io
    The only requirement is running fusee-primary method of booting atmosphere IF you use atmosphere, also it no longer is booted through hbmenu. If you get the nro version, it'll install it to the main menu

9. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    I'd prefer it if I wasn't forced to use fusee-primary just to use it tho.
    Having options is always better.

Besides, Tinfoil installing itself without asking for permissions or anything is shady on its own.
    It doesn't need to be installed to run, but guess they want that full console access.

Slluxx likes this.
  10. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I do agree with your points, but to get title redirection. I use it to Install a forwarder or a very small game for title redirection. Easiest way to get started, since most (at least to my knowledge) installers need full ram access

11. fennectech

fennectech Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The difference here is USB mass storage!

12. DaveyMames

DaveyMames Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

Last edited by DaveyMames, Feb 7, 2021
  13. DaveyMames

DaveyMames Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I installed Sys-FTPD-Light and FTPD. I can connect to the Switch via FTP wirelessly via those programs but when I try and use the TinWoo "Install over LAN or internet" option it says "Waiting for a connection". How do I get it working?

Also when I connect a USB 3.0 hard drive to the USB port of the switch and click on "Install over USB HDD" in TinWoo it says "USB HDD is not connected". It's an NTFS hard drive. Is there a hard drive size limitation or something else I need to do to get it to connect?

Last edited by DaveyMames, Feb 7, 2021
    spotanjo3 likes this.
  14. jasonhk

jasonhk GBAtemp Regular

Hong Kong
    :grog: nice

Last edited by jasonhk, Feb 8, 2021
  15. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    @mrdude Did you use libusbhsfs v0.2.2 to build TinWoo? The default mount flags were changed in that version, in order to avoid mount issues with unclean NTFS volumes.

16. mrdude

OP mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I can't remember, I used the latest one that was on your github at the end of December. This version I've attached, shows how much free space is on the SD card, I couldn't figure out how to show free space on the nand (emunand). It should have the newest libusbhsfs on it if you want to test.

Attached Files:

Last edited by mrdude, Feb 8, 2021
  17. DaveyMames

DaveyMames Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I just downloaded Tinwoo from the first post at the start of the thread you're reading now. Is there something else I need to do to get Tinwoo to recognize a USB hard drive?

18. kidkat210

kidkat210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What format is your external hdd

19. DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore I like turtles.
    Developer

Venezuela
    Sadly, I can't test it. I don't have a Switch. That's why I was asking.

Nothing at all if you're using a FAT/NTFS/EXT volume.

Prior to v0.2.2, libusbhsfs (which is the library used by TinWoo to implement USB mass storage device support) refused to mount unclean NTFS volumes by default. This means that if you're using a NTFS volume in your USB drive and didn't safely remove it from your PC last time you used it, the volume wouldn't be mounted.

If you're not using a NTFS volume, this shouldn't be an issue even if TinWoo isn't linked against libusbhsfs v0.2.2.

20. DaveyMames

DaveyMames Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I'm using a 3.5 inch hard drive in a USB 3.0 hard drive enclosure. It's NTFS. I safely removed it from my PC before plugging it into the Switch and Tinwoo isn't recognizing that a USB hard drive is plugged in. Can I plug the drive into the Switch at any time or do I need to plug it in before I power on the Switch?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Installer, TinWoo,