Tutorial Switch Hacking FAQ, Updated

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"Unable to start software. Return to the HOME menu and try again"

I'm seeing this now as I try to run newer games that I have successfully installed with Tinfoil, such as Mario Golf and Crayon Shin-chan.

Is the solution to this as "simple" as updating sig patches? I haven't touched my hacked Switch in about a year or so, thus it's still running ReiNX 3.0 with fw 10.1.0.

Edit: if so then pointing me towards a guide on how to update sig patches, and where to get them, would be much obliged ^^

Last edited by ConraDargo,

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

I'm seeing this now as I try to run newer games that I have successfully installed with Tinfoil, such as Mario Golf and Crayon Shin-chan.

Is the solution to this as "simple" as updating sig patches? I haven't touched my hacked Switch in about a year or so, thus it's still running ReiNX 3.0 with fw 10.1.0.

Edit: if so then pointing me towards a guide on how to update sig patches, and where to get them, would be much obliged ^^
Doesn't hurt to try and update sigpatches. Easiest way is using this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/
There should be a tab solely for the purpose of updating sigpatches, so it shouldn't be hard to find it
I don't know about Crayon Shin-chan, but Mario Golf is a pretty recent title. You might have to update your Switch firmware, and I'm not sure if ReiNX is still maintained. You should probably install Atmosphere, but for now let's just try updating sigpatches

Reactions: ConraDargo

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Oh buddy, you're way out of date (reinx is defunct and no longer used), grab the latest atmosphere, grab the sigpatches here, copy them to your microSD card, boot using hekate, and then update to the latest firmware using daybreak and atmosphere.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh buddy, you're way out of date (reinx is defunct and no longer used), grab the latest atmosphere, grab the sigpatches here, copy them to your microSD card, boot using hekate, and then update to the latest firmware using daybreak and atmosphere.
Thanks for confirming this, I did guess as much after seeing that nothing had happened to the ReiNX website since I went there and got 3.0 >_>

Would I be best off to re-format my SD card and start all over or would it be just as good to simply remove the ReiNX folder from the card, transfer the files for Atmosphere and inject the payload?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for confirming this, I did guess as much after seeing that nothing had happened to the ReiNX website since I went there and got 3.0 >_>

Would I be best off to re-format my SD card and start all over or would it be just as good to simply remove the ReiNX folder from the card, transfer the files for Atmosphere and inject the payload?
I think deleting the ReiNX folder, installing Atmosphere and injecting the payload would be more than enough. You could also install Atmosphere and inject the payload without deleting anything, that should work too
if you want to get rid of ReiNX completely, you could format the microSD (you should probably backup anything important, like the Nintendo folder) or, even better, download ReiNX again to understand which files and folders you need to delete

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doing really good here, thanks for all the help! Using AIO-switch-updater I've managed to install the latest Hekate + Atmosphere and also updated downloaded the latest firmware, which I applied through Daybreak. Then I went ahead and downloaded the sig patches through AIO as well, just gotta reinstall a couple of games now but everything seems stable! ^^

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doing really good here, thanks for all the help! Using AIO-switch-updater I've managed to install the latest Hekate + Atmosphere and also updated downloaded the latest firmware, which I applied through Daybreak. Then I went ahead and downloaded the sig patches through AIO as well, just gotta reinstall a couple of games now but everything seems stable! ^^
Yes, unfortunately Horizon thinks an application is corrupted as soon as your try to launch it and your sigpatches are outdated. Which is why I always update sigpatches first, and firmware second.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/AuFG3Di.jpg