Homebrew RELEASE AIO Switch Updater - Update CFW, Sigpatches, FW and cheats directly from the Switch

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
AIO-switch-updater

93691188-7833f000-fad1-11ea-866d-42e19be54425.jpg

A Nintendo Switch homebrew app download and update CFWs, sigpatches, FWs and cheat codes. Support Atmosphere, ReiNX and SXOS. Basically I packed my previous homebrew apps into one, polished it and added a GUI.

Download
releases: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater/releases/
source: https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater

Disclaimer
I do not own, host nor distribute any of the files that can be downloaded with this homebrew tool. At the owner's request, I will immediately remove the ability to download the problematic files.

Last edited by Homlet,
D

Deleted User

How will this work for those having issues opening up Tinfoil by Blawar? I can sense the support channel being under fire again because tinfoil isnt opening up

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My damn, this is a nice software! Do we need the .json file as well?
You need to put the json file in /config/aio-switch-updater/ if you want custom Joy-Con colors. 100% optional though, that's not really the main focus of the app. I should probably go more into details for everything but it's too late right now :^)

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
subs
what is the easist and safest way to update original fw?
i mean any plans on investigating a way to do so?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
subs
what is the easist and safest way to update original fw?
Nintendo firmware? If so, just use the firmware download feature in the software I guess. It's the best place I know of to get the firmwares. It fetches them from Darth.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo firmware? If so, just use the firmware download feature in the software I guess. It's the best place I know of to get the firmwares. It fetches them from Darth.
ahh
didnt know it existed
here is a small dilemma i forsee:
i think when updating atmos it requires you to delete all existing atmos files including some inside the switch folder
im wondering if this was taken into account when making the app

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh
didnt know it existed
i think when updating atmos it requires you to delete all existing atmos files including some inside the switch folder
i just update and replace old files

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
ahh
didnt know it existed
99% of the time it's just to overwrite the files

@Homlet Since I'm a paranoid bastard. Do you have a md5 checker for the FW? I can't find anyone in the extraction code. Since Darth post the MD5, maybe it would be good to use it just incase?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

@Homlet Since I'm a paranoid bastard. Do you have a md5 checker for the FW? I can't find anyone in the extraction code. Since Darth post the MD5, maybe it would be good to use it just incase?
You can check in https://github.com/HamletDuFromage/AIO-switch-updater/blob/master/include/constants.hpp, it's getting links from https://hamletdufromage.github.io/switch-fw/firmwares.html which are links scrapped directly from Darth. Then daybreak finds that it is valid firmware. Let me know if you think there should be something more (but I sure hope not lmfao). Btw tomorrow I'll need to push an update deleting the /firmware/ directory before extracting a new firmware, or at least I think it's necessary

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: linuxares

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Believe me when i say this: i cant express how many times i see people complain atmos is not working and its due to existing files not being completely deleted
scirez can changes file structures for atmos any time. and he has in the past.
anyways, i just want to bring this to OPs attention as a request for a check of this.

Last edited by Don Jon,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Believe me when i say this: i cant express how many times i see people complain atmos is not working and its due to existing files not being completely deleted
scirez can changes file structures for atmos any time. and he has in the past.
anyways, i just want to bring this to OPs attention as a request for a check of this.
I remember him doing this once, and even then there was several versions to transition. I think problems mostly come from sysmodules. I guess I could add a way to cleanly reinstall though

Last edited by Homlet,
Reactions: Don Jon

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember him doing this once, and even then there was several versions to transition. I think problems mostly come from sysmodules. I get I could add a way to cleanly reinstall though
that would be ideal
anyways great work i see here mate
a must have app if i say, is it or will it be available in the homebrew store?

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Request for later, a "exosphere.ini" generator. Since I don't think a lot of people know about some of the features and protections from it.
Funnily enough I considered this. Shouldn't be too hard to do either. I'll try to do it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

Reactions: ninja83

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1